Libertadores 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Mengão86, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The draw will be this Thursday at 7 PM.

POTE 1 : Atlético MG (BRA), Cruzeiro (BRA), Vélez (ARG), Newell's (ARG), Bolívar (BOL), Unión Española (CHI), Cerro Porteño (PAR), Peñarol (URU)
    POTE 2 : Atlético Nacional (COL), Deportivo Cali (COL), Emelec (EQU), Independiente del Valle (EQU), Real Garcilaso (PER), Universitario (PER), Zamora (VEN), Deportivo Anzoátegui (VEN)
    POTE 3 : Flamengo (BRA), Grêmio (BRA), Arsenal (ARG), Nacional (PAR), Defensor Sporting (URU), ARG 3 (San Lorenzo ou Lanús), BOL 2 (The Strongest ou San Jose), CHI 2 (Universidad Católica ou O'Higgins)
    POTE 4 : Santos Laguna (MEX), León (MEX)+ 6 classificados da primeira fase

PRIMEIRA FASE :
    Oriente Petrolero (BOL), Atlético PR (BRA), Santa Fe (COL), Deportivo Quito (EQU), Morelia (MEX), Guaraní (PAR), Sporting Cristal (PER), Nacional (URU), Caracas (VEN), ARG 4 (Lanús ou River Plate), BRA 6 (Botafogo ou Ponte Preta), CHI 3 (Universidad Católica, O'Higgins, Palestino, Universidad de Chile ou Deportes Iquique)

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  3. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I like that group a lot

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #4 Emperor Adriano, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    That gremio group could be hard but who knows how Newells will be next year considering they had the title sewn up and lost 6 or 7 straight recently. Cruizeiro with a cakewalk..... I actually had the unluckiness of having the flu and my channel was stuck on gol tv so I got to see Defensor first hand and they are garbage.

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wonder how Bolivar will be next year because they were actually respectable at times during the past 2 editions. Emelec is a very good team but they just sold Enner Valencia and I imagine Mondaini could leave too which will suck for them. You guys might remember Stracqualursi he has been pretty good since Emelec bought him during the summer but still kind of a disappointment imo.. Still you guys better be ready for a battle in the air against him. Nasuti the cb is very good. I like Leon too Montes is a beast.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think Leon will win that group tbh.. they're going to be THE Mexican team that goes the farthest. You know how you had Chivas one year.. Tijuana last year.. well Leon will be that this year.

They have a lot of money and a lot of good players with excellent experience.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    shots fired lol.. I saw them play two legs against Morelia and beat America tonight, they do look good.

8. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I guess I shouldn't like Fla's group that much. I want revenge from Emelec. Those last 2 rounds of the 2012 Liberta was torture, and all of it was caused by them.

9. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Botafogo on upset alert against D Quito. We'll see what Quito and Botafogo do this off season both will have high turnover on there rosters. I wonder who Botafogo's new manager will be...

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Paulo Autuori or Tite has been rumored. My gut says Autuori. He was their coach when they won the Brasileirão in 95.

Outside of Gremio's group, who looks to be the group of death, I think Fla drew the most difficult. Potential Mexican champs, Ecuadorian champs and most impressive Bolivian team the past two editions. I'm not sure how Bolivar will be next year.

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea flamengo's group is the 2nd toughest imo as well. That trip to La Paz is hard no matter who you play , i remember Arsenal Serendi players almost having heart attacks last year against the strongest.. Plus you add in that long ass trip to mexico and you guys know first hand what playing in the capwell is like in Ecuador. Away form might not even matter because you'll have the Maracana this time instead of the egenhao, I can't see a disaster like that Olimpia comeback happening at the Maracana. I seriously could make a case that Flamengo has a more complicated group because I have seen Newell's play this semester and they are far from the same, unless you rate Trezeguet lol. Nacional and A Nacional are hard to judge until we see them play, although I heard Nacional was weak this year.

12. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Any insight and/or expectations on Bolivar from BigSoccer's favorite Bolivian? @Bolivianfuego

13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Once again, Brazil will have six representatives who on paper look like serious contenders, even more than 2013. Palmeiras wasn't a contender this year. But Botafogo has a solid team that can go far - I do wonder who its next coach will be.

Atlético Mineiro, regardless of its Club World Cup fortunes, will hopefully not go the way of Corinthians and deteriorate - if RG10 stays in shape, the team will still be strong.

Cruzeiro may be hard pressed to repeat its goleadas from the group stage of 2011, but hopefully it won't choke come the round of 16.

Flamengo with "Brocador" - I look forward to seeing Flamengo in action.

Grêmio cannot possibly be worse in 2014 than it was in 2013, with Vanderlei Luxemburgo as manager. If Grêmio doesn't get past the first round, with Nacional of Uruguai and Newell's Old Boys, it'll at least be against extremely tough opposition. And Elano may leave. Still, they were the 2nd place winners, so with wise rebuilding, they should contend for the title.

Atlético Paranaense deserves this chance given how well they played in 2013.

It is very early, as we'll need to see what players leave and arrive. But these squads give Brazil a very strong chance for a fifth consecutive Libertadores team for Brazilian soccer.

14. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    These Beckham rumors to Bolivar are really entertaining.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  16. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    sad that so much political bullshit is wrapped up in this

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's be nice if the clubs all took a stand together against the CBF and form their own league...

18. gremio1903

gremio1903 Member+

Aug 10, 2011
    Uruguaiana, RS (BRA) [last: Rockville, MD]
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Grêmio in what looks like the 'Group of Death'.

[P.S.: Juuuuura que o FLAMENGO sairia da Libertadores. O Marin cai no mesmo dia. Dos brasileiros, é o único clube televisonável para a Globo.]

19. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
  20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ridiculous. This is going to end in a 24 team Brasileirao this year.

21. gremio1903

gremio1903 Member+

Aug 10, 2011
    Uruguaiana, RS (BRA) [last: Rockville, MD]
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Honestly, I kind of like it! :D

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    El Tanque is horrible....

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    El Tanque's play by play last night...

• 0' 1º tempo
    ROLOU A BOLA!

• 2' 1º tempo
    FERREYRA PERDE!
    Ferreyra recebe livre na cara do gol, mas não consegue finalizar! Vacilou o atacante!

• 12' 1º tempo
    Ferreyra não vai se entendendo com a bola em seus primeiros lances

• 23' 1º tempo
    Jorge Wagner joga bola na área, e Ferreyra bota por cima do gol

• 30' 1º tempo
    Cartão amarelo para Juan Ferreyra

• 35' 1º tempo
    Lodeiro dá bom passe para Ferreyra, que não dá sequência

• 38' 1º tempo
    El Tanque erra mais um passe. Técnica não parece ser o forte de Ferreyra

• 39' 1º tempo
    Lodeiro erra passe, e Ferreyra, em condição legal, finaliza mal. Trio, porém, marca o impedimento

• 4' 2º tempo
    Ferreyra comete falta na frente, após perder na corrida

• 5' 2º tempo
    Ferreyra não acerta uma

• 10' 2º tempo
    Lodeiro toca limpinha para Ferreyra, que erra o domínio

• 23' 2º tempo
    Ferreyra erra mais uma

• 30' 2º tempo
    Sai: Juan Ferreyra
    Entra: Elias

24. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Botafogo deserve to crash out of this tournament. They finally break the jejum of playing in Libs, and they completely offload their team in doing so. I know Seedorf wasnt their fault, but they brought NOBODY in to replace all the pieces that left.

25. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lol I wasn't being serious when I acted like he was a good signing.