Levante v Real Madrid: La Liga [11/11/2012, 21:30 Local time]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    My bad! Ballesteros is saying he wanted to check in Cristiano Ronaldo ... thus his post game visit. It makes sense that after Ballesteros punched Xabi Alonso late in the game, he'd immediately be concerned with the most hated man in La Liga. I hereby apologize to Ballesteros.

I hope that when Cristiano Ronaldo is free of concussion-like symptoms he too will apologize to Navarro for that vicious head to the elbow.

Chinky24 and 4x4s repped this.
  2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo never got subbed before.... only once as I recalled. So if he was taken out, it must be serious.

3. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Photographers actually caught the Pepe dancing part:

[​IMG]

Shay Z, -Reivax-, sleepyvato50 and 5 others repped this.
  4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he should have been subbed given the circumstances (on field conditions, head injury, et cetera) at the same time I've seen worse. Remembering a game where Raul took one one of those against Barca and later in the same game Zidane went sliding head first into a goal post and both continued gladiator style.

5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

But we all knew that Ronaldo never wants to be subbed. I don't think he is the crybaby type.

6. techfall

techfall Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why are the Levante players crying about the ref?? Am I missing something or did they not get an offside goal + not even a foul called when Ronaldo got elbowed in the face??

7. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not to forget the "red card worthy" foul on Callejon which lead to the PK

8. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a game that was. I loved how analysts were trying to "analyse" the game because in truth there was not much to analyse, especially the first half. It just looked like a bunch of 5 year olds playing soccer trying to kick/pass the ball :D

Also, I'm extremely relieved to have Coentrao back and his display was excellent as well. Essien and Ramos were also excellent.

Finally, we need to sort out how to freakin' defend those long balls, flick of a header, and their strikers are off to our goal. Happened twice against Dortmund (conceded twice), and today it happened again and we were lucky not to concede. Fix that damn issue for the love of baby Jesus.

EDIT: In what world was Navarro's elbow not a red card? Pepe would have been called a murderer for this...

9. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Navarro's reputation precedes him just as much as Pepe. Complete thug! Anyone remember the time he gave Llorente a ferocious elbow to the temple and yet somehow it was he who had to be stretchered off for a head injury. He must be like John Coffee where he can feel everyone else's pain or something.

Can't believe a team with him, Ballesteros and Juanfran have the audacity to complain about refereeing decisions. Their memories must be short lived.

Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  10. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    As expected, Cristiano Ronaldo will not play with Portugal this week. Ozil was supposed to be with Germany but will now stay in Madrid due to an ankle injury.

These FIFA friendlies are ridiculous!!

11. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    But I bet Ramos will travel to play Spain's friendly?

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I've seen games played in worse conditions.

Good character win.

13. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Shame it wasn't Barcelona playing :) Remember Xavi's hissy fits for Barca and Spain when the grass wasn't short enough or the field wasn't watered enough. His reaction to having to play on this field would have been epic! :)

Umar and libertao repped this.
  14. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    There's also this horrendous studs-up, high tackle to Figo's knee in 2004: http://www.miragens.abola.pt/videosdetalhe.aspx?id=17652
    That could be a career-ender right there but luckily for Figo, he didn't hit him flush. The intent to injure in that case was unmistakable (see sec 14).

Against Ronaldo it's hard to tell if it's malicious but anytime you go elbows high and out, you are engaging in dangerous play - high probability of causing concussion, broken noses and broken ribs - and it's cowardly and sneaky - easy to disguise and zero risk to yourself. The only reason he hasn't been punished yet is b/c the elbow caught Ronaldo on the way up, not down. If it had been Pepe or Sergio, however, the red card would have come out quicker that you can say "psychopath".

15. Donzizu

Donzizu Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Germany is playing a friendly vs the Nederlands, and it seems Mesut has a few dutch admirers who are not gonna be able to have a close look at him.
    http://www.marca.com/2012/11/11/en/football/real_madrid/1352657658.html

16. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Very good character win. However games in these conditions are only fit for Sunday league amateur football.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Correct. They don't even play like that in Germany anymore, ask Cris 09

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Somebody should tell Levante that the attention whoring window has closed.

20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Finally watched the game and after having done so i really can't understand why the Levante shits are sobbing in the press for. Its just ridiculous. Juanfran and the rest of his girlfriends can piss off.

This game should not have been played. That pitch was horrendous. I'm surprised that more players didn't get injured. I cringed every time Angel or Calletti would lose the ball and then try to recover it with a defender flying in.

Pepe's didn't let himself get sucked into the provocation trap that the Levante players and their piece of shit fans set for him. The Assassin chant from their crowd made me laugh. Good on Pepe for keeping his cool.

The really big question after this game is, and i think everybody is over looking this, how is Navarro's elbow? Poor guy got assaulted by that Ronaldo. Rich, good looking guy is so full of himself that he goes after honest to goodness hard working, blue collar footballers like Navarro.

Hope your elbow recovers, big guy. Best wishes.............................................. from absolutely no one.

Cnut.

-Reivax-, sleepyvato50, anticule and 3 others repped this.