Let's make it 14 wins in a row in honor of Cruyff, AFC Ajax [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by he so scrumptiouz, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    HSS - thanks for the clip. Some pretty poor finishing on the part of Jong Ajax, Barcelona-like??? Good to see them bringing home the trophy and now they get to play in the League Cup next season! Ozbiliz looked good today.

2. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Eredivisie title within reach for Ajax

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Algemeen Dagblad claims Cruijff is directly responsible for Frank de Boer's success.

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1441/Ajax/ar...Cruijff-regisseert-ook-Ajax-van-De-Boer.dhtml

"Cruijff also directs Frank de Boer's Ajax

During Frank de Boer's time as trainer of the A1, Cruijff convinced the current head coach of Ajax to play with the point backwards (1 CDM). Cruijff also told De Boer that he shouldn't play Theo Janssen as a the defending midfielder position anymore and instead use Vurnon Anita."

4. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    And all this time we thought Frank was reading the BigSoccer Ajax thread!

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He'd be very slow to catch on if that were the case. ;)

6. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Those pathetic ##### at AD will do anything to bring Ajax down. I so hope AZ beats them now.

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think they're probably right. But I don''t really rate Frank de Boer.

8. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have extremely high standards. I'm not thrilled with the blind spot he has for Janssen, but he's done better for us than Jol, Koster, Van Basten, Blind and Ten Cate.

9. You were right on one issue you earlier in the season pointed at. You blamed FdB for the spree of injuries and recently FdB has admitted that he has been over excercising physically which resulted in the injuries in the first part of the season. And precisely that was what the Adidas (millions worth) equipment in that big balloon was ment for. To measure and adjust physical efforts. But the staff tugged it away in a corner of that balloon, making Adidas furious. Telling was the remarks by Jonk and Bergkamp that they donot measure for measuring....Yeah bright lights.

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't understand why you always type such nonsense. It's not like anyone, literally anyone, takes it seriously.

11. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Congrats D2 on winning the title!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ Little dude's name is Dean James, how cool is that? :D

12. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Almost as cool as Prince Bernard. :) Unfortunately for Prince, he's just been notified his season in the C1 was his last season for Ajax.

13. Hmmm, quoting FdB saying something you dont like is nonsense from me...:rolleyes:

14. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Looking forward to tomorrow's game. Let's not lose it.

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Quote? What are you talking about?

16. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Not so long ago it would have been hard to believe that we could win the title with Aissati in our starting lineup. Good for him after some of the drama he's been through with this club.

17. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    ^ Izzy should stay, he has CL to look forward to. Can market himself much better on that platform should he want to end up in at an elite club some day.

Congrats C2 on winning the title!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jong Ajax won the Youth Cup while B1, C1, C2, D2 & F1 have all won the title and more to follow hopefully!

18. I think it was in an AT5 programm a few weeks ago. Personally I thought it was very mature of him to admit he did something wrong and for you it must be reassuring that he knows he did it, so he will not make the same mistake.
    The down side of it of course for me is that we will not see a long list of over stretched injured players at Ajax causing lost points.

19. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    No changes to the lineup this week. Time to get it done.

20. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? What about Sigthorsson, Boilesen, Van Der Wiel, et al? We've lost a lot of starters to injury.

21. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Kind of like last season's away kit but with green instead. Not loving it. I hope they wear dark blue shorts going forward instead of the neon green.

[​IMG]

22. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    ??? I mean no changes to the lineup from last week.

23. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, that was a Quick Reply to 010soccerfans comment about Ajax being lucky that 010 had a bunch of injuries. Only, from the time I started to the time I finished was like 30 minutes, so it wasn't such a quick reply.

24. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Why wasn't the goalie red carded? It was an intentional foul on the player going in goal.

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Even first half and it was good to see Van der Wiel redeem himself after some very poor defending. He really should be doing more overlapping when Ola John is on his side to keep him pinned back as he is Twente's most dangerous player. Janssen was a bit nervy on the PK and a stronger keeper might have saved that one. I still think he needs to come off for more mobility in the midfield. He just stands in the middle of the upper third of the pitch directing traffic but taking no part in the offense. Anita is having another good match but our back line has looked a bit disorganized at times. This is going to be a tough match to win and they will need to stay mentally alert the whole second half. Keep Ola John occupied and tire him out!