Let's make it 14 wins in a row in honor of Cruyff, AFC Ajax [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by he so scrumptiouz, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This would be a colossal waste of €s. He's a washed up player at this point and would bring nothing to our club.

2. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's astounding how people have not learned anything from the past few years.

3. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1112939542

4. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    we apparently (according to goal) already had bid turned down by heerenveen.

5. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How rich does Heerenveen get off us? I mean, seriously. We're like their sponsors.

6. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe, but if it brings us titles and money then what the hey..

7. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Huntelaar and Sulejmani right? ROI on one of them kind of balanced out the other I would say.

8. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Guardiola apparently thought Ajax under van Gaal was the best team he ever saw according to his autobiography, said he modelled his teams after them. This comes after similiar praise from Bielsa a few years ago.

LvG and Ajax '95, probably the best team ever? I'll take it! :D

9. SmokingdePijp

SmokingdePijp Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I've been watching a lot of them lately, they were truly wonderful.

The very best Dutch teams have the technical ability to play beautiful football and score lovely goals, but also possess an edge and intensity that makes them very hard to beat. Like...they could do you in a field full of flowers, but you didn't want to face them in a dark alley either. The 70s teams had that (both Oranje and Ajax) and the 95 Ajax team had that too. Teams that have flattered to deceive - take your pick *sigh* - have usually lacked one or the other.

10. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    IMHO not even close to Ajax of Michels and Kovacs. Could be biased though since I've seen only the international games of the 70's Ajax plus I don't like LvG. Them playing football was art, not sport. Looked like the easiest thing to do. Pity everyone is more concerned nowadays about earning points than playing beautiful football, as if one contradicts the other. Ajax of the 70's proved that it doesn't.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Roster for the 1994-95 team is HERE. Except for George, Kanu, and Litamen everyone else was Dutch.

12. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anyone knows this Bram Nuytinck? The papers are now linking him with a possible move to Ajax. All I know he's a central defender, currently plays for NEC, and also is in the Dutch U21 squad. Is he better than Moisander?

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He's been a starter on the U-21s and I've seen them play. He is a decent defender but the big question is what kind of message this sends to a player like Denswil (who I think will turn out to be much better in the long run). At present he is not as good as Moisander.

14. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Yeah I think we're still after Moisander. FdB wants someone experienced to lead our defense since they are all still quite young.

Nuytinck, Gouweleeuw and van Dijk are still welcome however. Always nice to have some decent back-ups next to Denswil since Ooijer will be leaving.

15. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thx. I agree on you with Denswil, but he's only 18 right? Having four central defenders (Alderweireld, Boilesen, Denswil, Nuytinck/Moisander) is in line with having a backup for every position. I reckon Denswil will get plenty of playing time.

16. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I sure hope Schøne is Janssen's replacement, not in addition to him. having both of them, plus de Jong, Eriksen, and Enoh would give FdB too much reason to bench Anita or play him at LB for the first half of next season

17. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can see Frank de Boer getting confused already. Trying to play Janssen, De Jong, Eriksen and Schone on the midfield. I hope Anita is not going to become a victim again.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    +1, the real problem is that Eriksen and Anita both have speed and field awareness. Janssen has some field awareness but no speed. Schone is an average Eredivisie midfielder but nothing special. de Jong is too slow to play in a pressing midfield and has shown that he's a tweener (between a striker and midfielder but without all the skills to excel at either position). I would rather see Aissati or Lodeiro retained and partner Anita and Eriksen until Klassen is ready to step in.

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I agree. I think Schone is a better midfielder than De Jong and Janssen though; better than average.

20. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Grim has extended his contract as Jong Ajax trainer. Tip for Ffan: get better sources.

21. No, after my campaign for him they didnot dare to sack him. I rule your board:D

Next thing I'm going to do is bring in Theo van Duivenbode:cool:

22. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVtSZqesLxA"]Van der Sar is back - YouTube[/ame]

23. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Blows my mind that "he who's name shall not be spoken", our reserve team all star still has 2 years left on his contract. Please let us move him on this summer.

24. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    [LINEUP-4-3-3]Boerrigter, De Jong, Aissati, Janssen, Anita, Eriksen, Blind, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Van der Wiel, Vermeer[/LINEUP-4-3-3]

Bench: Cillessen, Enoh, Sigthórsson, Ebecilio, Ooijer, Özbiliz, Van Rhijn