Let's make it 14 wins in a row in honor of Cruyff, AFC Ajax [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by he so scrumptiouz, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. That's because Cruijff says so, he pointed out in the "Telegraaf" a few months ago why the Feyenoord Academy was the way to follow, and he has been saying that for the last few years........but maybe that was a way of kicking the Ajax Academy to follow his vision

2. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    There's a lot of animosity towards Ajax. FdB for instance won the Eredivisie in his first 2 seasons, but hasn't even won the best trainer award yet.

Looks like the CL badge of honour will be changed come next season. It's going to be grey instead of blue.

[​IMG]

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Heshould hqve won it last year but he wasnt considered because he onlycoach for half the season. This season he didnt deserve it.

4. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  5. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Vertonghen basically confirming that if negotiations with Tottenham are unsuccesful he'll be happy to play out his contract and leave on a free transfer next summer.

6. Oh, and I forgot the most important point: Academies arenot about winning trophies, but about developing kids and do that the right way. Cruijff knows how!!

vagegast repped this.
  7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The criteria according to the CBV (Coaches Betaald Voetbal) are not winning throphies but:

- the development of a learning plan for the entire youth academy
    - the development of competency profiles for youth players and youth trainers
    - attention for individual guidance of youth players
    - local cooperation (with KNVB and other clubs) in terms of talents training, supporting amateurclubs, etc.
    - application of modern media such as video analysis, use of internet etc.

he so scrumptiouz repped this.
  8. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    No club has developed more players than Ajax. This season, last season or whatever season. Oranje has Ajacieden in abundance in the precious WC squad, this current EC squad and will have so for the next WC.

People have criticized Ajax for letting the wrong players go including myself, but most have probably not seen the NOS Clasie interview/documentary where he has admitted that in the C and B squads he was told by his Feyenoord coaches that he won't make it and should leave due to his size, but he held unto his contract and is where he is now. This contradicts everything feyenoordsoccerfan has preached about the Feyenoord academy on this board. :p

KNVB are basicly awarding Feyenoord for letting all their talents go for cheap to their rivals or go for free abroad. They've awarded them the award the last 2 seasons and specifically mentioned the amount of 1st teamers that came through from academy despite their horrible form (never even mentioning that it's because of their finances that they had to rely on youngsters in the 1st place). Now that their 1st team came 2nd everybody already predicted they would win this award again. AZ Alkmaar the other club nominated besides Ajax and Feyenoord/Excelsior have actually accumulated the most points according to my friends who play there, but have somehow missed out on the prize. :)

9. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Portuguese U19 player Filipe Oliveira is coming over for a trial and will play for Ajax in the Gestion Copa Amsterdam (AZ, Ajax CT, Besiktas, China NT, Botafogo, Cruzeiro & Panathinaikos).

I've only seen a couple of youtube videos and he looks very tall for a midfielder.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    .... Three real question is not how tall he its but how well he dives!

11. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Shots fired... lol

12. Bemma

Bemma Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The transfer all of us were waiting for, Anouk Hoogendijk joins Ajax :D

[​IMG]

vagegast and he so scrumptiouz repped this.
  13. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Haha I was going to post this as well. She's definitely a fan favorite, Orange14 will approve.

[​IMG]

Our womens team is coming together very very nicely and will hopefully be a force to be reckoned with in the BeNeLiga. We have a winning coach in Marleen Molenaar, the Dutch captain Daphne Koster and the most popular Dutch player Anouk. :D

[​IMG]

Molenaar is cute for her age.

vagegast repped this.
  14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    While these players may look good, they are not scoring at the pace of US striker, Alex Morgan, who notched two more goals in a friendly yesterday against China!!! She even has her own website up and running!

15. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can't he just shut the ******** up? He might brake his leg coming season and then what for him?

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Players usually get insurance for such eventualities.

17. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    That 2nd picture is of our coach. :p

Sigie only played the 1st half against France, but had a goal and an assist. Iceland were 2 - 0 up at the break, Sigie didn't return and they lost with 3 - 2. Imagine if Sigie had stayed on!

18. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Ajax Cape Town are in the final of Eurovoetbal! U19 tournament hosted by Groningen.

They've defeated PSV with 2-0 in the semi's today and will face Groningen/Cambuur in the final. Groningen/Cambuur defeated Heerenveen after penalties.

Other clubs in the tournament were Atletico Madrid, Anzhi Makhachkala, Fenerbahce, HSV, Rosenborg and Udinese.

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just don't get it.

20. Mmmm, you are quoting something that:
    1: all teams did, including Ajax
    2: something about 4 years ago
    3: while not mentioning that other coaches at Feyenoord were of a different opinion.
    4: that Feyenoord as the first Academy had put in a programm specially fit for small players because of Clasie and that since then we won the Award 3 times in a row while Johan Cruijff made minced meat of your Academy, because they didnot do what Feyenoord's Academy were doing for the past 4 years. Check the articles in the "Telegraaf" and Voetbal International earlier this year.
    If Johan says that the Feyenoord Academy is everything an Academy should be, I take his opinion over yours.
    But your comments reminded me that I have to put in the second part of my story about the development of Clasie in which your comments are being shredded.

21. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    You were critisizing Ajax for focussing on size rather than talent then how am I wrong for pointing out something Clasie has said himself? It's not my fault that he contradicts your theories. :p

Ajax won the 1st 3 editions in 2004, 2005 and 2006. Nothing has changed besides the fact that KNVB were tired of keep giving the award to the same club, that's why AZ were frontrunners to win this season and they should've won it if we were going by the point system. And they probably would had Feyenoord not finished 2nd in Eredivisie.

The only international from Feyenoord in the current Oranje squad came through the AZ academy and has supported Ajax all his life.

What are you gonna say when Ajax wins it next season? :D

22. Gate11

Gate11 New Member

May 27, 2012
    Tel aviv, Israel.
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Hello my dutch friends!
    im a huge Ajax fan, ive been to alot of games of ajax and ajax is part of my heart, right after my first team which is Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

i was wandering how many of you guyz know/knew about the friendship between the Vak 410, Gate 11?

If you didnt, i found a nice article in here about it which is taken from the 12th player site --

BROTHERS

Our brotherhood with the Ajax fans began in the summer of 2002, after a friendship began to develop between several members of the 12th player and a couple of people from VAK 410, all sharing the love for Maccabi, Ajax and of course Israel. It didn't take long until banners and scarves were being replaced between the guys and an article about the 12th player was written in an Ajax's fanzine. Shortly afterwards, the brotherhood began spreading to everyone in gate 11, and memeber of SUB 11 started talking to the dutch fellows.
    In the summer of 2003, Maccabi had a pre-season camp in Holland, Ajax fans went over and cheered for Maccabi. That same summer, Maccabi's arch rival - Hapoel, played against the Turkish team, Gazyantepspor in the UEFA cup in holland. Several Ajax fans made the journey and came to Rotterdam to root for Gazyantep.
    In the middle of the 2003-2004 season, an Ajax fan came over to Israel and was staying at our houses, coming with us to everyplace we went, including matches.
    During the season, Ajax fans had a tournament of their own, and our friends decided on using the 12'th player's symbol, and call their team "AFCA MACCABI".

[​IMG]

The brotherhood reached it's peak during the 2004-2005 season, after Maccabi Qualified for the first time to the group stage of the CL. Maccabi had Bayren, Juventus and AJAX in the same group. The first match took place in Amsterdam, which means that 2000 Maccabi fans made the trip to Holland, 40 of them being members of SUB 11 and The 12th Player stayed at Ajax fans' houses, most of them from VAK 410. During the trip the fans exchanged flags, banners and scarves, talked about stuff they had on games and brought up suggestions on how to make the cheering better.

[​IMG]

At the same time we also stayed at Ajax's fanclub, where we learned Ajax songs and vice versa. On Matchday we had a little parade at the Amsterdam streets, and a member of SUB11 even got in the early entrance to help. During the game, we could spot a banner from Vak 410 reading "Hapoel Zona" (Hapoel's a whore), a banner which they made for the game, while at the very same time, a banner mocking Feyenoord was hung in our gate. In addition, they made banners reading "The 12th player & AFCA". We made a banner reading "Brothers" with both symbols on the sides. 2 weeks later, Ajax arrived in Israel to play here, and Ajax fans arrived a week earlier, staying at members of the 12th player and Sub11 homes. The dutch came to the game between Maccabi and Beitar and against Haifa.
    On Matchday, fans from both sides got together outside of the stadium and hung brotherhood banners inside the stadium. A few of the Ajax fans, stayed after the match between the 2 teams for our derby.
    In the summer of 2005, approaching the 2005-2006 season, Maccabi had their pre-season training camp as usual, in Holland and got a wonderful round of applause from Ajax fans using flags, drums, pyros etc...
    This only made the bond stronger and Maccabi players excited yet surprised. The brotherhood continued during the 2005-2006 season, while the Sub11 members made a banner that is shown in every game. Approaching the end of the season, Vak 410 people returned the favor and made one of their own about Vak 410 and Sub11. Merchandise was sent from Holland to Israel and vice versa.
    A few of the 12th Player members also flew to Holland and went to the game between Ajax and PSV, where they hung a banner of the 12th player there. During the 3rd derby, Ajax fans hung a banner against Alkmaar with Maccabi's symbol to show their wishes for a win in the derby.
    The best moment came when Maccabi's star and captain Avi Nimni had a birthday, Ajax fans (Vak410) made a banner in Hebrew (!!!) that said "Avi Nimni the King, Happy Birthday". They were also pictured with the banner at the DAMM square.

[​IMG]

During Maccabi's pre-season training camp of summer 2006, continued our Dutch friends at their supporting tradition and like every other year, came to the camp while cheering for the players. At maccabi's match against Dan Helder, they even had a fight with local fans, due to wavings of Paestine's flags and shouting against Israel by the last ones.
    At the begining of 2006/7 season, the 12th player made a poster with VAK 410 and the 12th players' symbols, and the word 'Brothers' written on it. That poster was hanged during Maccabi's home games.
    Just before the first derbi match of 2006/7 season (which ended with Maccabi winning 3:1) came some VAK 410 members to the match, and were welcomed as guests by Maccabi's fans. As this season continued, several members of the SUB11 group went on another trip to The Netherlands and were hosted by Ajax fans during the matches.

[​IMG]

During 2007/8 season, the fans maintained their conection strong, and kept on waving the other side's flags, and continued visiting some Ajax and Maccabi's matches.

[​IMG]

Both parties keep in touch on a daily basis and hope for a long and successful brotherhood.

The 12th player & Vak 410 & Sub 11 - FOREVER

also found a great video from Maccabi fans trip to Amsterdam during the CL campaign (u can see Vak 410, the 12th player singing together).

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Gate11 - thanks for the post. FWIW, both my nephew and my niece's husband were in the Maccabi youth system. Both played second division football in Israel.

24. I have no idea what you are ranting about, as this same thing is mentioned in the first part of my Clasie article. You are very upset about the 3d time in a row win by our Academy, if you keep on blabbering with nonsense about it. Simple question I asked before..Is Cruyff delusional when he praises our Academy earlier this year in both the "Telegraaf" and "Voetbal International" and doesnot he know what he is talking about and so the opposition against his vision on how the Ajax Academy should work are right? :rolleyes: