Let's make it 14 wins in a row in honor of Cruyff, AFC Ajax [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by he so scrumptiouz, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Of course not.

2. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Interesting to see if Vertonghen changes his tune now that Tottenham is out of CL next season.

3. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I hope he does, Spurs are not really a top top club. VDV is nearing 30 and the likes of Bale and Modric are likely out this season (or the next). Apparently their chairman Levy is flying over to Amsterdam tomorrow to finalize the deal, let's hope we stick to the asking price of 15 mil. :D

4. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    we have no reason to let Tottenham bully us into selling for any less than the asking price. If they don't give us a good offer than we should move on to the next bidder. Vertonghen to Tottenham is just a bad deal for all parties involved. Tottenham doesn't have the money to to properly compensate us, and if they fork out the money, they won't have much left to strengthen other areas. IMO Tottenham has other areas that need strengthening WAY more than the left side of defense. They need a striker, a RB who can actually pass the ball and can cross without skying it over the stands in the far corner, and some backup wingers. After Bale and Lennon they have to put their central midfielders on the wing. If they can't strengthen any of those areas, there will be no champions league for them next year either. Vertonghen at the back wont help them.

I seriously hope that he goes to Barcelona where he'll actually be able to play to his strength, which is going forwards, which he wouldn't be free to do anywhere in the EPL

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  6. SmokingdePijp

SmokingdePijp Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    He'd be insane to go there no matter what stage of his career he'd be in. Martyr FC is the toughest job in the business due to the insane levels of expectation.

7. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I love how #14 keeps coming up everywhere concerning Ajax. :D

Ajax are now the 14th club by brand value according to the latest report by Brand Finance Plc. Ajax are the highest rising club.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-20/bayern-munich-second-in-brand-value-after-champions-league-final.html

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

BTV802 and JC-14 repped this.
  9. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Where is FC Bayern???

Lahm,Piggy,Kroos,Muller,Badstuber,Alaba,Contento played & Bayern have only 20 out-field players out of which Breno has not played 1 Match this season. Plus there are 1-2 other registered youth products like Can,Reidmuller who have not played.

So it should be around 30%.

10. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Mr. S all clubs mentioned have just won their league (hence the "league champions 2011/12") and considering Bayern hasn't they are not included. :p

11. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Okay I thought this referred to the Champions League but then neither Juve or the French club are in CHL.

My bad,I apologize.

12. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Does anybody around here have a problem with the way Vertonghen has been conducting himself in interviews regarding transfer speculation? He's been pretty open about clubs that he is interested in and which clubs he admires. Few posters on the Arsenal forum have had some pretty nasty things to say about all of this. The implication is that he's interest in nothing but money and basically whoring himself out to the highest bidder.

Anybody else think this is a bit harsh? Is it wrong for Jan to be talking about this stuff so openly in the press? If he has permission from Ajax...Why are Arsenal fans so up in arms about it? I love Arsenal but the attitude that Jan should not consider any other club is a bit snobby IMO. I bet they would have loved it if Cesc had openly considered another club besides Barcelona. Could have helped them negotiate more money in the deal.

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Theyre clueless.

14. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Like every ambitious footballer, Vertonghen just wants to play for the best team he can. Whatever the team will end up to be, he will receive a great salary.
    Slightly more usefull comment: His contract at Ajax ends after next season. He has said many times that either he must be sold now so Ajax will get great transfer money for him, or he will walk out for free next year.
    If he cared only about money, he would spend next year at Ajax and walk out for free.
    Which he has made clear he doesnt want to do.

15. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i think (some) Arsenal fans are just pissed that Vertonghen isn't jumping head over heals to join a team in decline. They think that players should want to go there because it's Arsenal, and when they don't they find it easier to blame the players then it is acknowledge that Arsenal isn't what it used to be

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hazard his country man is also dropping names. I think it is a tactic from their agent(s) . It's not elegant, but whatever. Arsenal fans are also already building an emotional wall in case RVP leaves, looking at flaws in him or proclaiming to be done with him if he leaves. Like Marco van Basten, I like the club better than most other EPL clubs, but with Chelsea, City and United willing to spend big on top players plus a few big clubs outside EPL, Arsenal has become a feeder club for the top. That's not a judgement, but an observation. I know as no other what money does to clubs and league's. Look at Eredivisie clubs. Arsenal fans still have to adjust to their new status. That doesn't mean they can't achieve silverware, as they still are a pretty rich club, but they will have to do it in far shorter build up cycles.

17. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  18. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That is completely Arsenal's fault. Their squad number is almost as big as City,with the loaned players it's 34 Wenger said. That is ridiculous high. The wages which Arsenal pays to fringe players are exhorbitant. I think Arsenal are inflating the marke stupidly by paying stupid wages to mediocre players.

On the other they even more stupidly refuse to pay Good Wages to their Best Player. Cesc was on 5.5-Pounds Salay,which is pretty LOW for their highest Paid Player. THIS BS Wage Cap is really anooying. Add Frimpong & Squillani's wages to RVP & promote a youth player.

Besides Arsenal wants to be a banking instutition. How else can you defend a 37M Pounds Profit which is around 45 Million Euros. In an idea world they should have spend 42-43 Million more in wages + transfers & post a 2-3 M profit.

And Big clubs dont sell their players. I would rather let someone go for free(a BIG PLAYER) than get a few millions for him. UNLESS YOU get a YOUNGER BETTER PLAYER than him. Even then Big CLubs should send a message that they will not sell their players.

Look at Arsenal's Transfer Policy,they bought a 27 odd average ST in Podolski while a Top Class RW like Reus who is only 22 & was probably Top 3 BL player this season. They paid 13M for Podolski while Reus had a 17M release clause & said his dream was to go to Arsenal
    The level of average talents for which Arsenal spends Decent Money is ridiculous. Gervinho,Walcott,Arteta,Mertersacker,Santos. These are all mediocre players bought for 10-12M odd. I would rather buy 1 Great player than 5 mediocres.

19. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Goal.com articles are so full of shit it's a complete joke. They make huge claim as to what a players said and then don't provide any relevant quotes to support it

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    arsenal always want to buy players p on the cheap but one must question recent transfers. Gervinho is really not very good and Mertesacket got hurt. where the heck is Podolski going to play? van Pardue needs to leave.

22. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Narsinghs price tag is 5 mil, we made a bid of 3m. Looks like he's ours for 4 mil soon.

&

Congrats D1! Held off Feyenoord in the decider and clinched the title once again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Curious that with the success if all our youth teams this season that Feyenoord was still ranked as the best tough academy.

24. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    €4 million for Narsingh? Since when does Heerenveen make reasonable valuations when we are interested in a player of theirs?

25. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Doesn't Narsingh's contract get over in a year?? So its take 4M or free next year.