Let's make it 14 wins in a row in honor of Cruyff, AFC Ajax [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by he so scrumptiouz, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good title and it will cap a wonderful season when it comes to pass!

3. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wonder what Frank can do next year with a healthy squad and two or three new players. He's done great with a subpar team so far.

4. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally I think we should focus on the eredivisie and let whatever happens in Europe happen. I think that part of the reason that teams like Twente, AZ and PSV have fallen off lately is because they've been playing so many midweek matches in Europe.

Having said that, I was really pleased with the way the team played at Man U and would of course love to see us do well in Europe. I just don't think that it's possible for a team on Ajax's budget to do well both domestically and in Europe.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We also have to remember that Ajax have the deepest roster of any team in the Eredivisie. It's one of the reasons that we have been able to overcome the injuries this season. You simply cannot compete in Europe without 18-20 first team players. English teams are doubly cursed because they also have two cup competitions to play and lots more mid-week league fixtures than our league. Look at what has happened to the Spanish teams that are still in the EL (Valencia, Bilbao, and Athletico); they are having real problems in their domestic competitions.

6. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a deep roster for the eredivisie, but I'm not convinced that some of those guys are any better than eredivisie-quality. I don't think Ajax can put together a roster of players good enough to do well in both competitions. We just don't have the money.

7. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    We almost made it through to the next rounds in CL and only went out on aggregate against ManU during that injury stricken period. No chance of going very far in CL ofcourse, but I hope we make it to the final in EL since the Amsterdam ArenA will host next season. :D

I think we should focus on keeping players like Aissati, he has livened up and is a candidate for being a starter for next season.

The rumors going around now by Telegraaf are that we're after Schone, Narsingh and Moisander. I'm happy with Narsingh, his 18 assist in the league this season is better than anyone we have on the right.

I would be less happy with Schone (albeit transfer free) and Moisander (he's 26/27) though. Schone will hinder the likes of Rits and Klaassen coming through and I hate for one of Serero and Lodeiro to leave. As an alternative for Moisander we should probably go for Dutch talents like Nuytinck, Gouweleeuw and van Dijk.

8. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Big chance that Lodeiro and Aissati leave this summer.

9. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Narsingh would be a great addition. No offense to Heerenveen, but a move to Ajax will give Narsingh chances to play many matches in European competition. Would love to see how well he does outside the Eredivisie.

Same can be said for the other Dutch talents at the back...

10. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't imagine Lodeiro staying, but I've heard rumors that Aissati is open to staying. I wouldn't mind having him around a little longer.

11. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Aissati himself said he's open to talk with Ajax and if he is to leave that he wants to play for a team that plays like Ajax. Insiders however are saying he's working on making a move to Spain or Italy.

12. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Who replaces Vertonghen?

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stefano Denswil.

15. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    What's the initial assessment on Denswil? How is he compared with other young Dutch CB's (Bruma, Gooweleeuw, Nuytinck, Stef de Vrij, etc.)?

16. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    He's only 18, but has impressed in NextGen. Not sure what to expect from him because we haven't seen him in action for the 1st team yet, but he's one of the biggest talents in academy at the moment. Has one hell of a free kick, scored one in the NextGen final and hit the post with another.

Sven Nieuwpoort, Fabian Sporkslede and Mitchell Dijks are also talented defenders who might be promoted soon to the 1st team.

17. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Better than them. Future Oranje starter.

Boilesen can also play central defense. However, he just ********ing tore his hamstring again. Very sad news.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I see we just signed a youth player from Heerenveen who is a defender, Robert van Koesveld.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is turning into something chronic and likely will require some type of surgery to clear it up. I think his season and the Euros is over now.

20. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Whoooops I posted in the old thread which needs to be closed.

Ajax hinting towards an orange away jersey for next season? Bold!

[​IMG]

21. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh. Horrible news.

22. RomaRomaRoma

RomaRomaRoma Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Denmark
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Sad - I think it might well be the end of a high-level career for him.

23. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    the shirt looks the same shape/style as the new chelsea shirts.. plain but nice.. :D

24. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Reports are saying it will have yellow and blue tones with the orange. The yellow/goldish will probably be the stars, but I'm wondering how the bue parts will look like.

Concerning Boilesen, it's likely that we might be back in the race again to bring Buttner back (was in the Ajax academy from his 11th until 16). He's talked about in the Dutch press as a likely Pieters replacement should Erik not make the EC. Buttner has interest from EPL clubs as well as the top 4 from Holland.

Johan Derksen said Milan will use Urby as a LB until the end of the season because everyone in midfield is back from injury which is good news for Bert. So Urby might be the LB starter for Oranje after all? Have to be said though that VITV are very biased towards Urby and they don't rate Pieters at all.

25. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    No fussing around this time from FdB. Schone is in, we have made a bid on Narsingh and AZ have allowed us to talk to Moisander. Chivu now also in the picture since Madrid (Mourinho) are not interested in him anymore.

[​IMG]

Theo, Toby & Greg are probably pleased to have another tattoo bandit in their midst.