Lester Dewee: At Ängelholm

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Werdman89, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Good news, I just got back from a dinner with the team and the sponsors where they introduced the squad to the people who work for the club and sponsors. There it was announced that Lester has signed for Boden now, so he will be staying with us. Not sure about all the details, but will get more info tomorrow.

2. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Lester got 69 mins in our 2-1 win against Notviken today in a game where it was difficult to play because the pitch was a bit slippery after the snow yesterday. He didn't have his best game of the ones he's played here so far. but I suppose it wasn't easy since he's not used to this cold and the tricky surface today.

The signing of Lester was also just officially announced: http://www.svenskalag.se/news.asp?teamID=5094&newsID=303143

Apparently there's a local company who is gonna be his personal sponsor and they're the one who made this signing possible.

Winoman and Testudo repped this.
  3. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Good to see a DCU academy alum making a go of it as a pro.

4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me guess.....it's probably one of the 600 sponsors on their kit! ;)

5. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    4th pre-season game today against a newcomer in our division, Alvik. We won 5-0, but Lester was pretty anonymous for most of the game, he had a chance to score off a rebound in the first half but missed. He came off in the 55th min and I do think he's hoping for some warmer conditions (today we played in around 14 degrees fahrenheit), cause he's not looked the same since we started playing outdoor here.

6. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Lester has been out with injury for a while, but yesterday he made his comeback in our 1-3 loss at home to the finnish team Kemi Kings. He played 61 mins, but didn't score. I'm away this weekend and didn't see the match myself, so can't say much about this performance.

7. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    The league started today and we managed to get a 1-1 draw at home to tipped favourites Anundsjö in a match where we got a incorrect red card after 53 mins and Anundsjö had 1-0 until we tied it in the 88th min, so all in all an ok result considering how everything turned out.

Lester unfortunately got injured after ca 25 mins after getting hit with a dirty stomp and couldn't continue and got replaced by fellow american Alex Molano. Before that Lester wasn't involved in that many situations, so not a good start for him.

Testudo repped this.
  8. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    After being out since our season opener Lester is finally back in full training and might even be competing for a starting spot in our game on monday if nothing bad happens. Crossing my fingers, as our offense hasn't been that great so far and we need all the players we can get back in training now, since we've had about 5-6 possible starters out for some time now, but this week we have 4 back.

mike4066 repped this.
  9. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Lester made his return to soccer today after coming on as a sub in the 78th min in an effort to come back from 2-3, but he couldn't make any difference when Boden lost 2-4 to Piteå in what could possibly have been the worst team effort of the year (including pre-season).

Hopefully he will just get better and better from now on though. We have a regional cup game on wednesday where he may see more playing time.

10. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    We played away to Robertsfors today in a match which after a very poor start for us this season were about important points at the bottom. We won 1-0 after a PK in the 2nd half and Lester came on after 53 mins. He's apparently feeling much better now and made a pretty good appearance today with hard work especially after our goal where he together with our other projected starter up front (who also came on as a sub in the 2nd half after injury) gave the opposing defenders hell in the end. All in all, I think he's not very far away from returning as a starter.

Gorky repped this.
  11. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Lester did not get a start last weekend against league leaders Strömsberg when we lost 0-5 at home, but he came on at half-time and gave the team some different options in attack with his strength in the air.

Today we managed to get a 1-1 draw away to Assi after a late equalizer (94th min) in a match where Lester played the full 90 mins and now should hopefully be back in the starting eleven for good. He was close to scoring in the 2nd half with a good shot which the goalie couldn't hold onto, but the ball went just outside the goal. He also had some good chances with the head, but didn't quite get the direction right today, but he's looking better and better for every game. Our 2nd half today was our best of the season and the team might finally be on the right way after some problematic few months.

[​IMG]

12. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Dewee scored the opening goal of tonight's game against Morön after 2 minutes, but once again Boden failed to get a win after losing 2-3. Lester played the whole game again and also had a good chance to score another with a lob that just went over the goal. The team will now end up this half of the season with only 1 point at home, pretty amazing considering we were unbeaten at home last season and were considered a team for the top half at least this season. Now we're fighting to avoid relegation, so the team will really have to step it up for the rest of the season.

Tom Collingsworth, Shaydee and Gorky repped this.
  13. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    The team finished the first half of the season last weekend with an away game in Härnösand. The team got off to a great start with a nice header by Lester from a cross after 5 mins. Unfortunately the team allowed two quick ones before HT and despite a 2-2 goal early in the 2nd half we lost 2-3 after allowing a crap goal in the 89th minute, just our luck this season.

We're now on a break for a few weeks and currently 2nd from last with 7 pts in 11 games, which is nowhere close to what the expectations for the team has been. We'll see if there will be some changes in the team during the break, for example we would really like to have a replacement for Alex Molano who left us. But the team probably needs a bit more than that aswell.

Lester has played a total of 7 league games so far and has 2 goals for anyone wondering about his stats.

14. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
  15. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Another goal for Lester Dewee tonight when we beat Assi 4-2 at home and moved up two positions in the table.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  16. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Lester scored his 6th league goal this season this weekend against Robertsfors in a 2-0 win. He's tied as our top scorer for now. He also picked up a minor injury and had to come of with 15 mins left, but hopefully nothing that will make him miss any games as we don't play until tuesday again.

17. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    The injury has unfortunately kept Lester out from our last three games, but I know he's getting better and better so hopefully a comeback isn't too far away. Even without him the team has kept on winning and we're currently on a 8 game win streak after a 3-1 win at home to Hudiksvall today.

18. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    Lester left Sweden on Nov. 4 according to twitter, and is now back in the US. Apparently his injury was more serious than initially thought, since he tweeted on Dec. 17 that he jogged for the first time in months. Looks like he's a free agent looking for a new team.

https://twitter.com/LesterDewee_92

Testudo repped this.
  19. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Seems like he's going back to Sweden according to Twitter, no word on which club he's going to though.

20. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    All I've found so far is that he scored for Asmundtorps IFs reserves a week ago, http://www.skaneboll.se/match/?scr=result&fmid=3009496

Seems a bit odd though, as their first team is playing in the swedish div 5 (which is like the 7th tier league in Sweden...) and I can't imagine he's gone to Sweden to play at such a low level.

Testudo and Hararea repped this.
  21. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today I learned that Lester Dewee is Joe Gyau's best friend.

22. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Testudo repped this.
  23. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Was recently at Höganäs:

Lester Dewee är långt ifrån den enda som testas av division 2-klubben från Kullabygden. På torsdagsträningen får Augustsson en chans att titta närmare på Ali Dirawi (Högaborg), Yasser Al Saadi (HIF Akademi), Simon Fransson (Helsingborg Östra), Hugo Olsson (ÄFF), Sebastian Aranyos (Råå IF), Iman Mohabat Nia (Bosna) och Erik Magnusson (Jonstorp).
    – Det är mycket fotboll i Ali Dirawi, sen finns det saker som ska till för att det ska stämma bättre både för honom och för lagkamraterna, det handlar ibland om att kunna spela lite enklare, säger Höganästränaren som exempel.
    – Simon Fransson har spelat här innan och vi vill gärna titta på honom igen. Han kommer träna och kanske spela någon match också.
    http://alltidfullsatt.se/hoganas-testar-guldklimp/

I believe he's signed with them.

25. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Yes, this article from a couple of days ago states that the only thing remaining is for his papers to be processed. It also includes a screenshot of a statement by Dewee himself:

[​IMG]