Lester Dewee: At Ängelholm

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Werdman89, Apr 16, 2010.

1. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010

Translated article. Hopefully he will stay injury free. For what it's worth (from the little I've seen) I definitely think that he's got what it takes to make it at this level and perhaps higher in the future.

2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great interview. Thanks for positing. Dewee has been a player that I've had a keen interest in and based what little I've seen him, the talent and flair are there. There's no question he can make it Angelholm amd Sweden. he just needs to get over the injury woes. Hopefully that is sooner than later.

3. Jumbalaya

Jumbalaya Member+

Apr 27, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    So how old is this lester kid? Is he a Charlie Davies type striker (I'm basing this off his build from the pictures) ? It looks like he has a promising future if he can get a full season in.

4. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    19, will be 20 in August. Wish I could tell you more.

5. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to this article, the reason for dissolving the contract was number of injuries. Dewee has only played six matches in 10 months with the club. The formal release doesn't occur until June 30th, but they will let him trial elsewhere in the meantime if he gets an opportunity. The next transfer window in Sweden open August 1st.

7. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

Yeah, the contract apparantly had a clause in it so that they could break it on June 30th 2012.
    Here are the exact quotes from the club in the article on their website:

"Together with Lester we haven't been able to get enough out of his qualities. The guy has huge potential but we haven't been able to get enough out of him. If we hadn't broken it he would have stayed another year and a half. We feel that we have enough quality in the squad to make this long term solution."

And here are a few more quotes from the club in the other two articles about Dewee being released.

"We have chosen to break his contract since we haven't been able to make him deliver the potential that we know he has. It's not good to have an american in the squad who barely gets to play. When we have foreign players they should be starters."

"The guy has huge potential. He shows glimpses of it in an amazing way in training. But unfortunaly not often enough. But it's not only Lester who have failed, the club also haven't been able to get enough out of him. It's partly because of the injuries, but also probably about maturity. It wasn't a difficult decision, we made it together and Lester was involved."

Unlucky for Dewee. Besides his injuries the club were also successful on the transfer market this winter bringing in two forwards who have been successful so far which also limited his chances to get to play. Hopefully he'll find a club where he gets the needed playing time.

8. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010

brandonesque and USvsIRELAND repped this.
  9. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Local paper LT write today that Dewee is training with Syrianska FC, the club who won last years promotion playoff against his previous club Ängelholm. They are looking for reinforcements in their attack so Dewee will train with them for at least a week.

10. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
  11. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    After losing the previous three games Dewee and Gimo finally got a win yesterday in the last game of the season. This didn't help Gimo however as they are relegated. Dewee did his part though in trying to keep them up with three goals scored in the four games he played for the club. I guess we will now have to wait and see in which team he turns up next!

12. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Lester might end up staying in Sweden the coming season. He arrived in Boden today for a trial with Bodens BK FF and will be with the team at least until next weekend when we play two friendlies in Finland where he will get a chance to show what he can do.

Joining him here is also midfielder Gerry Madden out of Walter Johnson High School. So we could very well end up with two americans in Boden this season if things work out.

13. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Walter Johnson H.S., I believe, from my time lived in Maryland is in or around the Bethesda/Rockville area. There have been some very good players to come out of that region that is loaded with quality youth clubs.

14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Montgomery County, Md., is indeed a historically strong area for soccer. Madden was actually a high school teammate of Gedion Zelalem.

15. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Winoman and Testudo repped this.
  16. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    First pre-season game tomorrow against the finnish team ORP in Oulu, Finland. This will be the first time the team even gets the chance to play on a full size pitch because of limited training opportunities in the area this season. I'll be joining the team this weekend and will try and keep you updated on how the boys are doing.

jakepc42, Winoman and TimB4Last repped this.
  18. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    We won our first game 3-1 and Gerry had a great assist to our 1-0 goal in the first half, but didn't really show much apart from that imo. Lester scored two late goals to secure the win and he looked interesting as a target striker for us which is what we need right now.

sakibomb523 repped this.
  19. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    I have some photos from yesterdays game up at my website, http://www.jenslindmark.se/

Will of course post some more after today's game where both Lester and Gerry is starting once again.

Testudo and Winoman repped this.
  20. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Another win today against Tervarit, 1-0 after Lester Dewee scored the only goal in the 5th min. Lester once again had a pretty good game and could have scored a couple of more, but all in all he scored 3/4 goals for us this weekend which in my eyes is more than enough for him to be offered a contract, so in case he and the club can agree on something I can see him staying here for his season.

Gerry on the other hand didn't show much more in today's game and only played the first half (and came on at the end agin, but this was probably not planned) and I have a hard time seeing that the club will offer him a contract. The coach think he's not moving fast enough and he hasn't really showed that he's better than other central midfielders in our team.

prowazekii repped this.
  21. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Testudo repped this.
  22. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    From what I can remember from the few short times that I watched him play for Ängelholm he should definitely be a very high quality forward at the Division 2-level if Boden does decides to sign him.

23. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    The latest on Lester is that he's still here in Boden with the team, but no contract has been signed. It seems like a decision will be taken after our game tomorrow which is our first home game in the pre-season. Gerry has already left the team, so no contract for him as I expected.

Zak1FCK repped this.
  25. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Unfortunately our game today got cancelled because of snow, but I assume the plan is still to decide on his future today. I don't have any information yet however.