Les Bleus news and media gossip

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by N. Platini, Jun 15, 2010.

1. tbhp

tbhp Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Well in a way i can empathize with him. I mean it's not because you have a millionaire in your family that you must suddenly stop helping each other and just rely on him. That's a matter of principle. He must be pretty pissed and feel they are using him. Maybe i'd do the same thing, i don't know, it all depends on wether his family is rich enough to afford helping the grandmother.

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i know the neighborhood benzema grew up in pretty well, it's only about a kilometer from my house. it's not likely anyone in his family is rich enough to help out his grandmother in any great material way.

when he was at OL i saw him once driving through the neighborhood... in a mini! at the time he still lived with his family in his old neighborhood and was reportedly very good to his parents and grandparents. but a couple of people i knew through youth football who said they knew the benzema family told me even when he was just a (very) promising young prospect some family members were already hearing the gravy train coming into the station and whose attitude was... unbecoming.

benzema has always seemed a relatively mature and level-headed young man (for a football star) and i don't think he would do anything like this unadvisedly, and certainly not based on the sole aspect of a modest pension for his mouima.

3. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  4. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Probably.

Did Robben provoke it? Probably. He's gotten into it Muller in the past. Doesn't mean that Franck was in the right, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't just this one recent moment that provoked it.

Should it have happened? Probably not.

Lots of discussion of this on the Bayern board.

5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    brothers and sisters fight all the time :p

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

6. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Why am I not surprised ? He probably had nothing better to do during a semi-final against Madrid than beating up his teammate because of a FK. When I think that players like him are still wearing the national team jersey after the WC2010, it makes me want to do like Vahid when Fiorese left PSG for Marseille. Oops, my bad he got punished by not playing a friendly in the middle of august. :rolleyes:

7. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    He's often involved in this kind of stories.

8. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    M'Vila released after being arrested for assault

The 21-year-old France international did not feature in his club's clash with Ajaccio for 'personal reasons' and it has now emerged that he has been accused of assault

Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila has been released from police custody after being arrested in connection with an alleged assault of a 17-year-old man.

The France international, who missed his club's Ligue 1 clash with Ajaccio for 'personal reasons', has been accused of striking the teenager at his home on Friday night.

"Yann has acknowledged that it was an inappropriate response but provoked by the betrayal of the trust he gave to this young man," M'Vila's lawyer, Thierry Fillion, told L'Equipe.

"As it stands, no decision has been taken yet by the Rennes prosecutor on this case but the file will be forwarded to him within eight to 10 days."

M'Vila was arrested on Monday and spent the night in police custody before being released at 11.00CET the following morning.

The 21-year-old Amiens native is a regular in Laurent Blanc's Les Bleus side and is expected to join one of Europe's top clubs this summer.

9. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

LMAO

HAHA

AfrcnHrbMan repped this.
  10. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The one with Florent is completely ridiculous haha

11. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    yeah, that one is the best. Im impressed with Malouda's acting skills. They're all really funny though.

12. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  13. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  14. ligue1fan

ligue1fan New Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He was quick to release a statement on AFP though - his German was misinterpreted!

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yeah. right.

the only way i can find to interpret :

"Ich bin seit sechs Jahren bei Bayern. Hier ist es immer gut, hier bin ich glücklich und hier macht es Spaß. Das ist für mich wichtiger als die Nationalmannschaft."

is:

"I've been with Bayern for six years. Things here are always good, I'm happy here and having fun. That for me is more important than the national team."

so it's his happiness, not bayern as such, that he considers more important than the EdF. and that's OK. but all in all, what comes out of it for me is... and i hope you're all sitting down...

blanck franck is not very clever.

16. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    FRANCE | FOOTBALL | EQUIPE DE FRANCE
    PSG : Makelele futur sélectionneur de l’équipe de France espoirs ?

Depuis l’éviction d’Erick Mombaerts, l’équipe de France espoirs est à la recherche d’un nouvel entraîneur pour guider la jeune génération. Selon Alexandre Delpérier, le nouveau poste pourrait revenir à Claude Makelele, qui officie actuellement en tant qu’adjoint de Carlo Ancelotti au PSG. Dans « Yahoo ! Foot L’Emission », Delpérier aurait déclaré :« A mon avis, Makelele devrait devenir le futur sélectionneur de l’équipe de France Espoirs. »

17. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That would be awesome, Keke had such a great footballing brain, I would love to see him succeed as a manager. Work himself up to being the top boss :)

18. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The first half of the article is all about winning in 2016!

19. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  20. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  21. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  22. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Aliadiere?!? Hell No!

23. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  24. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    11 goals or not, do you think that Aliadiere is of the class of a French International??

lefutur repped this.