Les Bleues - France WNT

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Gromit06, Jul 30, 2013.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What about where they are supposed to come to the US in June to play against the USWNT in maybe Portland and Chicago?
    Is there any confirmation that this is happening?

2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Portland won't happen unfortunately. Chicago should happen, but the FFF and the USSF are still discussing some inportant points. I am scheduling a business meeting at the time of the Chicago game 14th or 19th I think.

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Thanks for your response. Are you saying the game will not happen at all or just not in Portland? Are they still planning on two games?

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I meant not in Portland, what I've been told is they tried to organise a 4 teams tourney in Portland with 4 NT sponsored by Nike obviously but it didn't happen. They have 2 games 14th and 19th of June, if I remember correctly the dates. It was in the middle of many convo during the Cyprus cup tournament, so my recollection is bit vague sadly. 2 games for sure, Chicago and ? unless they change their mind.

5. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I know, I know... That has even nothing to do with Football... Since it is about... Rugby... :eek::D
    But this topic is about Les Bleues France WNT, after all ;)

Let me share my joy with you. I fell in love with France Women's Rugby National Team who has just won the 6 Nations Tournament, with a Great Slam as a bonus. I saw them playing some weeks ago against England (18-6) and I remained on my seat that day, amazed by the quality of the game and the spirit... With an attendance of 8,000 people in stadium des Alpes in Grenoble, when the game was broadcat live on free channel !

I found EXACTLY the same qualities and excitation as in Women's Football (generosity, talent, enthusiasm, fair-play, pure sports spirit, lovely girls) and, with this rugbystic version of Les Bleues, exactly what I love with the footballistic version of the same Bleues or with the Nadeshiko... You know, something "more"... This something that makes you fall in love at first sight...

I saw them again for the last game of the tournament against a very good team of Ireland this week-end, and they won again (19-15). With 8,500 people in the stadium this time and a pure crazy atmosphere !
    I found my two heroins : Sandrine Agricole (Rennes, #10, white helmet) and Safi N'Diaye (Montpellier, #8).

The Women's Rugby World Cup will be played from August 1rst to 17th in France. It will be broadcast on Eurosport. France will be an outsider but probably not the favourite #1. The "Women All Blacks" are the holders (who else ?) and will be the favourites with South-Africa and Australia (well, as with the men..).

Unfortunately for me, because I would have love to see one, no Japanese team...

I advice all of you to watch the WC, you'll be really, really surprised as much as I was (even if I already liked very much Rugby, having played it when I was young, but I saw one women's game before only, not a bad one actually). And I hope that you will excuse this long off-topic, but it was aimed to try to bring some more sports joy to you for the future :) And I said, it's still France WNT...

Give it a try ! ;)

gricio61 and guignol repped this.
  6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    France-Austria (wednesday April 9th, 6.30 pm) will be broadcast LIVE and FREE on FFF's site ! That's good news.
    It is a WC qualifier game and will be played in Le Man's Mrena stadium.

7. andocr

andocr Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    And France - Finland (last WC Qualifers game) will be played the September 17th in.... Gerlaaaaaand (Lyon) ! About time, really !

guignol repped this.
  8. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Seeing that you (seem) to support PSG, I was thinking you were expecting Charléty rather than Gerland... :p

9. andocr

andocr Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Well... Gerland is much more prestigious :thumbsup: and even if I support PSG, I am and will always be grateful to the latter, as a french, for what they've done for our women's football !!

debzy repped this.
  10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i truly meant to catch this match, but both the women and the U-20 matches in the six-nations were always on when i had other stuff to do.

i'll still try to watch it in the future but in both the ireland and scotland videos i was disappointed to see so much of play just being the pack slogging forward.

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yeah, but gerland's a real football ground, charléty's a track and field place. and how many spectators the last time there? 500? 600? even for finland there will be at least 10,000 at gerland. too bad it can't be italy or spain, there'd be twice that.

as for le mans, even if they had a match there very recently it's a good decision: they really did a good job last time, the stadium's excellent... and the poor sarthois need something to do... talk about a morne plaine!

Gromit06 repped this.
  12. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Of course, I agreed with everything you said... I truely dislike stadiums like Charléty with an athletic ring, so anti-football !
    And of course, Lyon is a good choice and deserves it.

13. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Charléty is a tragedy for watching a game.

Gromit06 repped this.
  14. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #589 debzy, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Some french will never realize how important were/are Aulas and Bompastor for french female football , these two individuals raise the bar way higher than the fans/players couldn't have imagine 10 years ago.
    Only Juvisy or Loulou Nicollin could disagree with what I say...lol
    In this video starting from 2:00 , Brigitte Henriques is talking about something that the federation will organized to celebrate Sonia's career as she deserved it but they weren't able to do it before , I wonder what it is ? I never pay attention before .

guignol repped this.
  15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i miss soso soso much!

but what i'm interested in now is her and jean-mimi's next trick: parity at tola vologe. it's quite surprising to see how few lyonnaises represent france at the lower age levels; when you know that our academy is only behind barça's in number of players in the top 5 men's leagues in europe it's clear the potential is staggering.

16. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Les Bleues in Chypre

17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I appear on that video with Seb from footofeminin. I have to say there were about 20/30 France fans for the final as the French embassy had put messages to come and support Les Bleues plus 2 students in Erasmus exchange as well.

18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The list for the next 2 qualifiers

GARDIENNES : Sarah Bouhaddi (Lyon), Céline Deville (Juvisy), Laëtitia Philippe (Montpellier).

DÉFENSEUSES : Laure Boulleau (Paris), Marine Dafeur (Hénin-Beaumont), Sabrina Delannoy (Paris), Laura Georges (Paris), Jessica Houara (Paris), Griedge Mbock (Guingamp), Wendie Renard (Lyon).

MILIEUX : Camille Abily (Lyon), Élise Bussaglia (Lyon), Inès Jaurena (Juvisy), Amandine Henry (Lyon), Marina Makanza (Montpellier), Louisa Necib (Lyon), Elodie Thomis (Lyon), Kheira Hamraoui (PSG).

ATTAQUANTES : Marie-Laure Delie (Paris), Eugénie Le Sommer (Lyon), Gaëtane Thiney (Juvisy), Laetitia Tonazzi (Lyon), Viviane Asseyi (Montpellier).

Majri dropped, Jaurena is a newbie, Dafeur comes back after being called up earlier in the season. Phillipe stays is, Toletti does not come back....and it might be the end of the road for Corinne Petit.

19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Follow-up to my previous post Sandie Toletti is playing the U19 Elite Round that qualifies for the U19 final tournament in Norway.

The B squad has been named and they will play a friendly in Romania on the 2nd of April

GK

Méline Gérard (A.S. Saint-Etienne)
    Amandine Guérin (Soyaux ASJ)

DF

Anaig Butel (FCF Juvisy)
    Audrey Février (En Avant Guingamp)
    Kelly Gadéa (Montpellier HSC)
    Caroline La Villa (En Avant Guingamp)
    Marion Makuch (Arras FCF)
    Julie Soyer (FCF Juvisy)

MF

Camille Catala (FCF Juvisy)
    Amel Majri (Olympique Lyonnais)
    Aude Moreau (A.S. Saint-Etienne)
    Caroline Pizzala (Paris Saint-Germain)
    Mélissa Plaza (Olympique Lyonnais)
    Rachel Saidi (Hénin Beaumont FCF)

FW

Laura Bourgouin (Soyaux ASJ)
    Pauline Crammer (RSC Anderlecht)
    Kenza Dali (Paris Saint-Germain)
    Rose Lavaud (A.S. Saint-Etienne)
    Julie Machart (FCF Juvisy)
    Cindy Thomas (F.A. Marseille Féminin)

20. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Left back Laure Boulleau is unfit and replaced by right back Julie Soyer originally called up for the B squad.
    Marion Torrentaka"toto" the right back from Montpellier is called up for the B Squad.
    Corinne Petit not called up surely means her international career is finished.

21. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well , I still have faith in Bergeroo but these two selection are strange ( ps: is it him who selects for the B team too?)
    A team:
    Phillipe is a real talent nice to see her again with the A , great news for Jaurena who can play anywhere across the midfield but also as full back , Bergeroo doesn't like Catala now is official , Majri out is a surprise somehow....but the two shocking decision are Dafeur in !?!? ...Seriously why? Ok Marine is one of France biggest hope but she's having a bad season with Henin-Beaumont on and off the field , she is not playing LB any more but LW and has been suspended too by the way ...her selection is weird.
    As Shlj rightly says , is a bad signal for Corine future with the NT , but even in this case I protest .....Yes , Petit (btw did someone knows why she choose to suddenly take her name back ?....did she has problems with her husband ? I heard many rumours about him and not the nicest ones.....) is not better than Houara so I understand her being the substitute of Jessica , but she is certainly better than Julie Soyer. Something happened in Cyprus because I really don't see her being dropped like this.....
    B team:
    I talked about Pauline Crammer incredible omission last time , nice to see she has been called, Cindy Thomas always call nobody know why.....Guerin deserved it but some girls who also deserved it , Schepers, Tandia, Bultel, and most incredibly Anais Ribeyra omission , how come the best french scorer in the D1 outside the big four are not good enough when someone (Thomas) who scored two goals in D2 is ......plus Cindy is playing centre back now.

guignol repped this.
  22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    she had a great match against OL recently.

she definitely deserves a lot of looking at after 4 years in florida.

it seems to me that catala's decline started under bini, but it is mysterious. she was more than just promising, how could a flameout come so suddenly and completely?

her being called up in the first place was a surprise, but what did she do to be left out? too slow showing the 4th ref she wasn't wearing any jewelry? the kind of inexplicable decision that drives not only fans but players to despair. we can only hope he communicated some sort or reason to amel personally, which would itself be a big, big improvement over the great communicator.

even someone as relatively ignorant as i can think of ten girls more deserving.

it would be interesting to see the whole australia match to see if she did something very bad there but i think whatever happened was even before cyprus, corine hasn't been given any chance at all since coming back from injury in january. i can't imagine it being anything off-field. she gets a lot less respect than she deserves imo; she's not better than houara... but neither do i think houara is uncontestably better than her.

that said, a coach has a right to make choices as to the type of player he likes and the type of team he wants to put together. if bergeroo is putting the accent on gritty, concentrated, dependable over spectacular and risky corine naturally falls way down the ladder*, she's a bit of a kamikaze. i still remember a couple of kung-fu saves off the line, one for france against scotland, one for lyon in the champions' league... what a boss! but then there's that goal against the USA : if she intercepts that pass she's a hero... but she doesn't. and that's cocotte in a nutshell.

*the relative fall from favor of MLD can find the same explanation.

as i say i'm pretty ignorant of all this, but i thought they had divorced many moons ago.

bultel is a player i really like (arras has a couple of others, but young enough to still be better suited to lower categories) and would definitely rather see than better-known players like kaci, tounkara, delannoy, soyer, morel... girl is a GAMER.

23. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    It's just a thought but it's possible that Bergeroo decided not to call her for France A and that she then declined a spot on France B. When Boulleau then had to decline her place, it was at that point illogical for Bergeroo to call Petit when there were several players who had been called up to France B and accepted their place, even if they aren't as good,

24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not gonna lie, that Australia game was probably her last chance saloon...and she gave away 2 goals in that game.

guignol repped this.
  25. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    if she was personally at fault it's clear that seals it. thats's why i'm so happy we didn't get to see the game, it makes everything so easy to understand. thank you D8, thank you FFF.