Lehigh Valley Union Fans??

Discussion in 'The River End' started by MacDaddySit, Aug 20, 2009.

1. paraider5

paraider5 Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Bethlehem, PA
    I live in Bethlehem but decided to be a Red Bulls fan. After being at the Man U game and sitting in the Union section, it turned me off on the team. Plus, the Red Bulls have better everything.

2. SOB - Fleetwood

SOB - Fleetwood New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Io sono Unionista

Jun 24, 2010
    WE ARE 138, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's a shame. We could use more fans like you. :rolleyes:

4. Io sono Unionista

Jun 24, 2010
    WE ARE 138, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. GoodOlBoy Andrew

GoodOlBoy Andrew New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Bethlehem
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lehigh '05 here, living in Hellertown. 4 of us have season tix in 138.

6. Mario in SJ

Mario in SJ Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really?
    Please tell us you are 14 years old and a Dallas Cowboy fan!

7. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. It seemed like ManU fans came away disappointed by their performance in that match. Why did you even sit in the Union section?

Probably Yankees and Lakers too.

8. paraider5

paraider5 Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Bethlehem, PA
    I know it's hard to fathom that people can't be brainwashed by a group called the Sons of Dorks...I mean fat guys who play W.O.W. are your ambassadors. Aside from that, I never had an MLS team to root for and just because Philly came to the picture doesnt mean I have to root for them.
    It's one of the rare times in sports where you can actually make a decision for which franchise you'd rather support, and I'd rather support the Red Bulls. Better ownership group, better team, better facility, better pre-game festivities, etc.
    I don't care if you like the Union, I just chose not to like them.

9. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

10. Io sono Unionista

Jun 24, 2010
    WE ARE 138, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ignore the loser. He's exactly the type of fan we don't need.

Back on topic, does anybody carpool to tailgates/games from LV area?

11. rasich

rasich New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Yo guys! My friend and I live in Hellertown and we trecked down with the SoB's to DC last weekend... we actually sat right in front of a guy from Bethlehem on the bus trip down. We were talking about trying to start a Lehigh Valley Chapter of the SoB's and making Braveheart as our meeting place. We definitely need to get together and carpool sometime.

12. dmisf

dmisf New Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Braveheart sounds like a good place to meet. It's a little expensive, but would be nice to have someplace to watch the away games. I have season txts in 136, and would love to carpool/tailgate with LV locals.

13. rasich

rasich New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Sounds good! Last Sat for the Revolution game a bunch of us met at the Firehouse in Bethlehem. That's a pretty chill bar to go to... great food too! A few of us did a shot for every goal. I was hoping they wouldn't get shut out again and they didn't let me down lol

14. bgusler

bgusler New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Mount Bethel, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm up here in Mt. Bethel, near ESU, and I need to find a place for away matches. I'm a season ticket holder and go to every match, and a few away. I used to live in Reading and go to Trooper Thorns for every away match, but an hour and a half trip isn't very logical, so I need a new spot. I tried to go to "Jock n Jills" in Stroudsburg, but the bartenders were too lazy to look for the channel, so I won't be going back to that place, ever...not to mention I ran into a NJ Pink Cow fan who drunkenly stumbled down the sidewalk and was an embarrassment to himself, and tried to call me out, so I reminded him of 15 years and no cup, and that we all hate red bull. So any ideas?

15. easeltyne

easeltyne New Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Bethlehem PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    From the last 'nac it looks like we have a home in the LV now
    Anyone else planning on making it out this weekend?

16. SOB - Fleetwood

SOB - Fleetwood New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are having a big Union viewing party with Reading United at Tooper Thorns, with free giveaways!

17. dmisf

dmisf New Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

Yep, I'm a season txt holder in river end, and was gonna head to Phily, but now just the mile to the Firehouse.

hope some more fans make it

18. ImissTHEheat

ImissTHEheat Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was wondering what the atmosphere and turnout was like at the Firehouse for the Houston game. Considering heading there for future broadcasts. Thanks.

19. dmisf

dmisf New Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    There were about 40 fans at 8pm when I got there. Game was on the main tvs above the bar, with the volume pumping through the whole place. Some chants, good times. Sounds like the Firehouse will be 'hosting' the games for the Lehigh Valley fans for the rest of the Away schedule.

20. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would have liked to make it out there, but the Mrs. college hoops addiction necessitated us staying home. Who knew where TruTV was before last week? Anyone?

21. Mario in SJ

Mario in SJ Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sounds like a great turnout. Thinking of going over to the Firehouse for the USA Argentina game tonight after I return from the Union game. Anyone going?:)

22. urchin

urchin SoB

Apr 13, 2011
    Bethlehem, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Another Unionite inhabitant of the Bethlehem/Allentown metro here. Glad to see the Valley has a presence.

23. UnionSword666

UnionSword666 New Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Scranton PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scranton PA! a little further notrh, but ii've started a group up here, Union Supporters of Scranton, i made an open facebook group page, so if you're in the area, let's watch some away matches.

24. bluestate

bluestate Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Bethlehem, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know if the Firehouse will be showing the USA-Jamaica game today? Need a good sport for US fans to gather today!

25. polaris04

polaris04 Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Lehigh Valley
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Glad to find this.

I'm moving to the Lehigh Valley (probably Whitehall area) in August. Thought it might be crazy to get Union season tickets while living an hour + away....guess not!