Leeds [R]

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by Prenn, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can't even win after changing managers... oh dear.

The last team to sack Peter Reid lost 2-0 at home to Bolton in their very next game, history repeats!

Going dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooown.

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Yep, it would seem a lost cause there.
    When Viduka legs it in the transfer window they are really bolloxed.

They'll have a bitch of a bad start next seaosn as well when the find themselves at the foot of the table on opening day with a -10 points haul as well before they even kick a ball :)

3. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm, a ManU fan. My dad is a Leeds fan. I've had great fun these last 15 odd months (since the Rio sale). But I honestly feel that it has gone beyond a laughing matter, and hold a true hatred for Peter Ridsdale.

4. Bob Marley All Stars

Sep 25, 2003
    Milwaukee WI
    Yea this will test a lot of fans patience. I hope Leeds can just avoid relegation, though it doesn't look like it right now. When we do get relegated, it's going to take a few years to get back... It's very ironic that my hometown baseball team, the Milwaukee Brewers, is going through damn near the same thing right now. But someday hopefully both will be back at the top and I'll be very happy.

They may get relegated but I believe they have too good a tradition fade away forever.

5. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sheik Abdul bin Mubarak Al Khalifa, the third-richest man in the UAE and fervent Leeds supporter (?!?!) has said that he will bale the club out on the condition that they bring Strachan in as their new manager.

That's £78m wiped out, new manager, money for new signings and ... all being well ... no relegation.

This story is not over by a looooooong way. The vultures circling may well miss out on their rancid scrap of carrion after all.