Lebanon Football Thread 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by FCMB, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Sorry to say this guys but I have never seen so much gloom and doom in a bigsoccer thread before. Cheer up guys, at least you get to play and get some experience playing with the stronger teams in the AFC. I am sure there will be brighter days ahead for Lebanon.

2. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I agree with Pelefan... Try and look at the bright side Emile Rustom has been replaced and at least you guys are playing games now...

3. olimpialv

olimpialv Member

Jun 13, 2010
    las vegas, nv
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hard luck to lebanon. I heard is a new team with long way to go. Hope these games help the team improve and get experienced. As your DT said aftergame, lebanon is far away from SK, JPN or AUS level right now.

4. Mr Mug

Mr Mug Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Congratulations.

5. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Congratulations Lebanon on the 3-1 win. I told you there would be brighter days ahead.

6. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Can we get some happy Lebanese folk in here? And what's the deal with the lack of a crowd... Is the government still banning them from games? 3-1 against the team that disrespected you a couple of months ago in a friendly. Sweet revenge... Hassan Matouk, Ghaddar, and Roda Antar are quality players I enjoyed that performance today.

7. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    People aren't banned from entering games, however public interest in football has declined over the past years. I would expect more people to attend the matches against Kuwait and Korea though.

Lebanese media got pretty excited about yesterdays victory, calling it a new start for our football. I'm sure there's more hope than under Emile, but wouldn't expect any miracles either.

8. Yabyab

Yabyab New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Lebanon did very well and they had little time to prepare for this game unlike UAE with their professional players. I really congratulate the Lebanese players for the fighting spirit and they deserved the win 100%.

9. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On one other board i read this.. And it tells the full story. To cheer for this fluke result is hiding from the truth

I remember in 1990's armenia lebanon were close level. Whereas I look today we are beating slovakia and likes.And on other hand my other nation lebanon football is more or less dead.

10. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Lebanese Elite Cup starts today with last years top 6 divided into two groups. All teams represent Beirut once again.

Group A: Al Ahed, Nejmeh, Racing Beirut
    Group B: Safa, Al Ansar, Al Mabarrah

11. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Ahed 1-0 Racing

Ansar 2-3 Safa

12. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Ahed 3-2 Nejmeh

13. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Just reading the rules and regulations for the Under 16's qualification event of which Lebanon withdrew from and it states that they can be disqualified from the next edition.

Is this fair for the AFC to basically tell a next set of youths that they aren't allowed in because of something that had nothing to do with them? How do you tell a 15 year old that?

Also, what is the reason behind withdrawing? No matter how good or how bad a certain team is, is it not right to let young lads at least experience what they are currently missing out on?

14. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    2011/12 Season - MD 1

Ansar 0-1 Tadamon Sour
    Mabarrah 2-4 Nejmeh
    Racing 1-1 Tripoli
    Salam Sour 0-2 Shabab Al Sahel
    Al Akhaa 4-1 Ahli Saida
    Safa 2-0 Ahed

15. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  16. MKA390

MKA390 New Member

Sep 10, 2006
    California
    2-1 over Korea :eek:

who was there?

17. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    lol crazy scences :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag4xD7ysLmw"]‫????? x ????? ? ??? ????? ????????‬‎ - YouTube[/ame]

18. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am very glad they were able to beat Korea this was the biggest upset we pulled in our history..

Our last game this round is against the UAE, if we win or tie.

It will be the first time in our history we will reach the final round to world cup qualifying....

Then from there top 2 of each group (2 groups of 5) will qualify to world cup..

The two 3rd place teams play an away and home leg to claim 5th spot.

The 5th spot will then play the 5th spot of south America to qualify for world cup..

So far Australia, Iran, Japan and maybe Iraq would prob be favorites to qualify.

If we do well, we can fight for 5th spot and try to qualify that way, or hope for some miracle or one of the top 4 favorites to drop out.

Anything can happen ;)

19. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Lebanon and Iran should play a friendly match before the draw. We have a good healthy rivalry in Basketball, it's about time for another rivalry, in Football now. :D

20. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Don't rule the Koreans out, they might be in a bad state right now but they're certainly a favourite.

We shouldn't get too carried away, reaching the final round itself is a big success for a team that was basically done and out a few months ago.

21. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I forgot about Korea, your right.

Korea would most likely be the last 4.

That's why if we do well, our slither of chance would come from the 3rd place in our group head to head, which would make us the 5th spot.

If we win our head to head, the 5th spot battle would be against 5th place south american team.

That's as far as we probably would go, south America would destroy us.

Most likely teams like, columbia, Paraguay, etc...

22. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    From being in exile (National team not playing many games) and slipping down the FIFA World Rankings, I think its a great achievement that Lebanon are doing good in the qualifiers. At one stage I remember there was talk that Lebanon might find it difficult to beat minnow nation Bangladesh in the 2nd round of the World Cup qualifiers...

23. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Lebanese striker Mohamed Ghaddar to Malaysian club Kelantan

24. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Kooora Lebanon interviewed Lebanese-American player Sony Saad.

The interview (in Arabic).

25. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Sure , Sure :p Iranian people are best of people I met.