News: League

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by spinman, Apr 11, 2014.

1. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tomorrow in KC they are announcing the new league. With all MISL & PASL teams combined. All the teams have been notified from both leagues.

2. Mad Header

Mad Header Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Mt Prospect
    Syd?

3. kfb5926

kfb5926 Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Prairie Village, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a Saturday?

4. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Sadly good reporting and indoor soccer have each lost each other. That Indian guy who wrote about the California Cougars was the.last true 'reporter' who would do a serious article about the game.

We will be presented with a near carbon copy of the announcement complete with hedging language from the editor, who inserts phrases like "should be", "according to Hale" and/or "says they will" etc.

Looking forward to the announcement. Maybe they did it on a Saturday so Sue Black could catch they 8:04 pm Greyhound to KC.

5. kfb5926

kfb5926 Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Prairie Village, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another, maybe odd thing. KC's ownership group also owns an NWSL franchise, FC Kansas City. Tomorrow marks FC Kansas City's season and home opener in its new stadium. Seems like an already busy day to unveil the new league.

But that being said, I'm excited the hear the details.

6. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    The game is at 7 pm tonight, and its a change of venue from the Olathe Highschool to the UMKC soccer complex more than a new stadium.

http://www.fckansascity.com/2014/01/08/fc-kansas-city-announces-new-home-venue/

7. kfb5926

kfb5926 Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Prairie Village, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was an Overland Park high school. But my only point is it seems like an odd time for that type of announcement. The story gets buried as a note at the bottom of the FCKC coverage.

I'd expect Brian Budzinski to be teasing 'big announcement tomorrow for indoor soccer' on his twitter feed. But he's only tweeting about FCKC.

8. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    Sorry off by 12 miles and a couple of letter.....all those suburbs up there are just a pain in the arse.

It very well could be an announcement either made on the broadcast or to the stadium, or both that they have signed papers or talks are nearly done for the Comets to join a new league blah blah blah.

Same stuff we have heard previously from a couple other teams already.

This is my guess.

9. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #9 the shelts, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    I called a couple of people.

The announcement is at half time of the FC Kansas City ladies game tonight. It seems to be club specific but didnt find out what exactly is being announced.

A guy i worked with who is connected to the CHL Missouri Mavericks said he thought the Comets were goingback to be the KC Comets as he saw a girl staffer wearing a new KC Comets shirt last week.

10. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will we get quotes like...

"It took us only a short time to fully appreciate the impact this lifestyle brand has, and we are elated to be at the forefront of the Xtreme Soccer platform," said Jeffrey Vanderbeek, co-owner with Michael Gilfillan of the New Jersey Ironmen.

"Soccer played a major role in my life, and those of my partners," said Viktor Jakovljevic, co-owner of the Chicago Storm. "To be a part of this lifestyle brand is a dream come true."
    That last one gets me every time... I can assure you that my dream come true is not a new lifestyle brand of soccer.

11. kfb5926

kfb5926 Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Prairie Village, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Budzinski just tweeted: @kcsoccerdome: If you're a @MISLComets fan and want to know what league we are defending our championship in next year. Tune into the #FCKCvSBFC broadcast

12. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    In the XSL's case lifestyle brand was only a code word for cool website and having more than four teams would have ruined the hipster-exclusive vibe.

13. kfb5926

kfb5926 Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Prairie Village, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they go back to the KC Comets. But the Independence Event Center requires its teams to either be Missouri or Independence. Unless they change their mind, it seems unlikely. But I've already been wrong once today.

Sgt. Soccer, do you get a sense the B52s will eventually go back to being the Wings?

14. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    No I do not see that happening.

Unless some big money comes along and purchases the B-52's and decides to change the name.

15. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    How about THE KANSAS CITY COMETS OF INDEPENDENCE or
    THE KANSAS CITY INDEPENDENCE COMETS?

16. balthrop

balthrop Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Plano, Texas
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The PASL welcomed Baltimore, Missouri, and San Diego to the PASL at halftime of the NWSL game in KC.

That is what the P.A. announcer said.

The full announcement of the other MISL teams joining the PASL will take place May 19 in Baltimore.

17. kfb5926

kfb5926 Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Prairie Village, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't San Diego already in Pasl? Then why were they welcomed in?

cardshopmd repped this.
  18. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't really announce a new league name; implied that three teams are joining the PASL (-Pro). They did get these really snazzy certificates:

Attached Files:

cardshopmd repped this.
  19. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The league was restructured so all the teams have to sign new membership agreements.

20. kfb5926

kfb5926 Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Prairie Village, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

um Alan?...Sockers? Ok, I think I see...those teams are heading up a "new" league

22. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    San Diego and Dallas deserve to play with the big boys. It's about time! It'll be interesting to see what other teams join, the standards they set for financial commitment, player quality, attendance, and arena size,

23. kfb5926

kfb5926 Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Prairie Village, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. EdD.

EdD. Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why on Earth would the refugees from the failed league suddenly own half of the PASL? HALF? Sydney, please tell me this is something else the press has gotten wrong or misinterpreted. And if we're going to multi-point scoring, let me know now so I can cancel my season tickets and get my deposit money back.