League Partnerships?

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by IndoorSoccerNews, Dec 8, 2012.

1. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I was not intentionally refusing to accept Syd's premise or "completely" ignoring his point. Quite honestly, not sure I fully understand. I believe you are speaking from a fan/merchandise perspective. Please explain the difference with Adidas and Sports 55 as it pertains to this.

The only data I have about a uniform is it falls under Law #4, PLAYERS EQUIPMENT. It is safe to say that in every PROFESSIONAL sport, teams strive to provide their players with the highest quality equipment available.

As for how the Sports 55 uniform may or may not be affecting the quality of the Blast play I can't tell you other than to say I have been really impressed with how the Blast have played. However, as a former player I often heard this saying when it came to the team uniform. "Look good, feel good. Feel good, play good."

2. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But who defines what looks good? How many of the uniform choices in the MISL are based on sponsorship? How many are selected by players? How many are trying to do something creative than what the BIG GORILLA brands make available? Teams in the MLS and abroad have big deals with the Gorilla brands to create something unique. Those leagues have standards for uniforms based on ref/officials views on field and identification on television. The name plate really is meaningless in the MISL. Webcasts don't set any standards. The few games that are broadcast are called by people who follow this league and should know players by number. Thats why the uniform is required to have numbers on the shorts and jersey. I've never seen a ruling on the name other than size of the letters.

SIDENOTE: Is it still a rule that players have to tuck in their shirts??

Blastnut2 repped this.
  3. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The Wave may feel good and play good and you can read the names on the back of their jerseys...but they don't look good.

dcunitedTV repped this.
  4. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joey Tee repped this.
  5. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the Stars jersey looks real nice.

im also really surprised about the lime and white jersey that the Soul conjured up this year...maybe the best jerset design in the league(?)

6. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best in league might be going a little far. I think its cool they used a different color but the hoops aren't original.
    GEMS futsal
    http://www.gemsfutsal.it/Catalogo/Abbigliamento/Team/Illinois

7. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they had left over and let the Soul use them I think there jerseys are Ugly my self I like Baltimores road kit alot

8. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Best kits in the league are Silver Knights. Design, numbering font are all consistent with the renaissance theme.

9. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Medieval Times Restaurant should sponsor them!

Kinda looks like a Medieval indoor field
    [​IMG]

cardshopmd repped this.
  10. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Disagree Syd.....I think they look great!

[​IMG]
    Lookingland - "Hey, nice jersey man! Is that Adidas?"
    Hewerton - "Sure is Mike and it feels great. How those long sleeves working for you indoors?"

[​IMG]

"Whoa dude, love the feel and look of this Adidas kit."

11. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its too bad they just end up looking like Chivas. Not one logo on the chest is legible. Its also not custom in my book.
    http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...N=4294960226+564+4294959043&Product_Id=529493

12. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Your captions are better than the jerseys. The first one is the same as Rochester's but the Lancers is blue and yellow instead of just blue.

The second one is a jumble, like the back of the Blast's uniforms. I can't discern any of those logos. The only thing they are coordinated with is the ball.

13. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Art - I can't believe you included the second picture. You just completely contradicted what you said about elements being visible on the jerseys. I can't even distinguish the Wave's logo on there (unlike the Blast's road jersey, which predominantly takes up the white space on the left chest area.) Not only is the logo indiscernable, but so is the title sponsor's logo. The only way I knew Time Warner was the sponsor on the front was because of the "eye" figure, which would be hard to make out from a distance.

14. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    :)

15. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    The main differences between Medieval Times (9 locations across the United States) and the Major Indoor Soccer League (last count, 7 teams) are:

1. No horses in the MISL (is Shawn Boney playing this year?)
    2. MT has 9 profitable locations (and yes, I have good information on that!)

Medieval Times doesn't need the Silver Knights' help to promote itself upstate... they are doing just fine.