Lazio Transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by Catfish, Apr 7, 2005.

1. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    well Stendardo is apparently highly thought of, and theres a help wanted sign at CB now so I'd say he's got a shot to play.

Mudingayi it seems played a decent role in Torinos promotion run. He's a defensive midfielder which to me signals that Dabo will be sold to a club in England.

At least as opposed to last offseason we are A) buying the players or loaning with a purchase price agreed on....and B) Adding young players that Rossi has picked as up and comers instead of journeyman relegation fighters.

2. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
  3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    seen us connected with Tudor in couple spots. To me he's the ideal CB to bring in. I wanted him last Jan before he went to siena and made a big difference to their defense.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com...lid=8&title=Tudor+set+for+Lazio&channel=italy

Now, Portugese right back Miguel just moved elsewhere...so I wonder if this re-opens Juve's interest in Oddo. It doesnt seem like they want to part with Blasi, but maybe Lazio could get Tudor + for Oddo now...

Its a shame Sereni couldnt have been used in a swap deal with Juve, made some sense until milan gifted them Abbiati.

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Only in Italy. :rolleyes:
    Tudor would be great.

5. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Tudor would certainly improve our central defense.

6. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    apparently there is an offer from mallorca for the player....Lotito is trying to get him to agree to a wage slash to join Lazio.

I just hope if this is the making of a swap deal with Oddo we get some cash or a second player in the move.

Lazio would also like to cut bait on some excess....Muzzi or Inzaghi up front for one.

7. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
  8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    it makes some sense now that fiorentina has gotta 2 midfielders of note, they are out of bidding for Blasi at Juve. Now that he has secured Lazio's TV rights, todays rumors have lotito focussing back on something with juve involving oddo and blasi.

With Juve moving out wing defender Chellini in the Cassano deal, thats another need for an Oddo type of player.

http://www.fcitalia.com/lazio/news/calciomercatolazio.htm

Lazio covets Jiminiez, attacking wing from Ternana but there doesnt appear a match there. Hard to shop without cash.

There will be no additions for sundays match, I wonder if they risk oddo and dabo on the field.

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  11. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    no, most of these moves go right down to the deadline which this yr falls after the season starts.

I dont believe Lotito wants the club to fail, but its very difficult to conduct any transfer business in their current state. It was the case last yr and for another couple seasons most likely.

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I still think that the IRR saying season ticket holders should stay away this year is a bad move for the success of the club. Lazio is going to be quite often on Fox Soccer Channel, but 1/2 full stadiums will not help the club on the pitch or financially.

13. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    no question about it, for those who dont know season ticket sales are in the 14K range, down from about 28K last yr. The ultras have urged their ranks to take a wait and see approach.

the phrase cutting off their noses to spite their face comes to mind.

14. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Absolutely. In 2002 Lazio had the highest season tickets sold ever for the club....i believe near 40k!

Guess this is a good year for non-season ticket holders and the casual fans to get tickets to just about any match.

15. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    so back on target here...two days from the deadline and much is unsettled. Lotito came out today and said he'd make the improvements necessary.

Sereni will likely leave, they better bring in cover for Peruzzi's 5-7 games off for injury at this age...hard to see Dabo and Oddo leaving, in most of the reports I'd seen since the match they and Peruzzi were the 3 highest ranked players....

todays rumor roundup says the chance at Tudor may be back on with a move to england turned down by the player. They are also considering Di Biagio as well. Lotito dreaming of Miccoli from Juve too, somehow doubt he's sitting on 8M for that one:

16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Tudor would be great; that would give us 3 serviceable defenders. I was very, very happy with what I saw from Stendardo the other day. Granted, he wasn't going up against Ronaldo, but he handled himself quite well. Dabo also had a great game, we can't sell him. Firmani...............ugh.

As for Oddo - if he can get us help elsewhere, I wouldn't be too hurt at losing him. He had a good game going forward, but he continuously left gaps at the back.

17. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
  18. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    looks like little will happen today...apparently they're choice for an xtra defender is Di Biagio (how Rossi and Lotito can prefer him to Tudor is beyond me).

Inter may want Inzaghi (likely for nothing) and they asked Lazio about Oddo but balked at cristiano zanetti being included in the deal.

Also a rumor of Baronio back to Reggina on loan, that makes little sense.

Muzzi, Manfredini, Sereni figure to be offloaded today.

19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  20. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Today Lotito responded to various people asking him how Oddo stayed in Rome. He said, "Nobody asked for him..."

21. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    FWIW,

There is a rumour floating around (from www.lazio4arab.com) that Dellas has joined Lazio and the deal has been agreed with the players agent. The deal has not been made official yet. Apparently, with his arrival the club wants to trim down the squad a bit by loaning out Piccolo, Muzzi, Sannibale and Melara.

Another rumour is that the new sponsor might be MAZDA. :D

22. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  23. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm not sure I get the Dellas signing, Lotito is really playing with fire with the fans bringing in a roma defender.

And the bigger point is what that does to young Stendardo not to mention giving no chance to Italian U-21 defender Piccolo. At some point you have to go with younger players.

With all the late defensive additions and Rossi playing 2 defensive midfielders in round 1..it does appear he's hoping to play a lot of tight low-scoring contests.

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Dellas will spend a decent amount of time injured anyway. But I really hope Stendardo gets to play - he was terrific against Messina.

25. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wow....Dellas going from Roma to Lazio. Wonder how much abuse he is going to get from the Roma faithful???