Lazio Transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by Catfish, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    you mean marchetti ? :D

2. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Marchetti has yet to sign with Lazio. All agreements are made and Lotito is willing to pay the 5.2 Million. But Muslera is having second thoughts about butchering his career in Turkey for more money.

3. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Like the Klose signing. He might do well in Serie A with his physical game and his prowess in front of goal. I am afriad he may be washed up and offer as much as Cruz did a couple of years ago. He was still starting for Germany up until this season.

I hope Muslera stays, he's been solid for us and can be our starting goalie for years.

Don't know much about Lulic, but Young Boys had an impressive season and 6 goals in 31 appearances for a LB is impressive in the improving Swiss League.

I really wish we got into the CL, we might be buying some serious players. Udinese will go in with only DiNatale left, after Sanchez, Inler and Zapata leave; sad.

4. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Udinese will not reach Champions League. They will lose in the final qualification round for the champions league and not even enter the group stages. They will fall in Europa League, lose that very quickly and finish mid table. Whereas Lazio would have bulked up the team with more quality and help Serie A fight for that 4th spot back. Udinese, a waste of opportunity.

5. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    zarate's name is being floated around in rumors with many teams at the moment, the most frequent i am hearing is liverpool. i hope for the sake of italian football he stays and you guys make a solid EL run

6. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Out of curiosity, where did you read this from? Ive also read it but wondering where you did. I really doubt Zarate is leaving, though he has not done Lazio any good these past 2 seasons.

7. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    soccernet and football italia i believe. although they are not the most accurate, no site/paper really is, they are just rumors after all

cisse to lazio?

8. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Theres reports that Club and player has agreed but Panithiakos club has said no negotiations are in place. Which sounds a bit odd since its really strong rumored that its a 5 million dollar buy and Cisse wants to play in Italy. Boh. We have to wait and see

9. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ima fan of the player, him and klose would help attack a lot. although i think he is much more dynamic than klose

10. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J9oPx9l1So"]YouTube - ‪Bosnia-Herzegovina 2-1 Romania (BiH - Rumunija) - Full Highlights 26.3.2011 - EURO 2012‬‏[/ame]

if interested in Lulic, watch this game. He was the best player on the pitch, playing LB for Bosnia of course.

11. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well although it looked like an exciting game i didn't see lulic do anything fantastic there. though nice to hear he was the best for bosnia

12. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Yeah I guess the highlights didn't show it as well as the entire game did. But he definitely was by far the best player on the pitch. His natural position is LW but he plays at LB also.

he has scored some nice goals lately

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCmAjbTSTOg"]YouTube - ‪Senad Lulic‬‏[/ame]

13. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It is impressive, and it is youtube. You tube can make Makinwa look like a good player if someone put out a collection of his best stuff which in reality doesn't deserve to step on a soccer field ever again.

I am excited to see Lulic in a more advanced League and hopefully he can play as a unit which was the key to Lazio's success last season

14. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lazio sign Konko who couldn't make a mid table starting 11 and who was chosen over Mattias Cassani an Italian International player. Way to go Management! you know how to pick em.

15. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lazio exchanges mercenary Fernando Muslera for Lorik Cana plus 3 Million Euro's. Cana has taken a pay cut from 2.5 million to 1.7 million euros a year. That is a significant drop and that can only mean great desire from Cana.

[​IMG]

He has expressed great desire to play for Lazio, is now closer to Albania his country and has already created a good rapport with fans which is called to be the 'anti-totti'

Should be taking Brocchi-Matuzalem's spot and playing alongside Ledesma.

16. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Looks like Marchetti is in for 5M. Not a big fan of Marchetti, even though he is touted, his performance vs Slovakia in the WC always pops up ini my mind.

17. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ya, he was a mess that game but im willing to see how he will do. He has signed for Lazio for 1 million a year plus bonuses for 5 years which may end up being a steal if he can get back to how he was once ago. He says he has trained everyday as if he was starting last season and is excited to resume playing for an important team.

18. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lazio has reached a deal with Panithiakos(or whatever the hell their called) for a sum near 6million euros, Cisse earning 2.1 M a year plus bonuses. A very mobile attacker who should revitalize our attack this season.

Cisse should be in Rome tomorrow to sign the contract

19. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Cisse has been around and he is still only 30, figured he would be 35 by now.

He had good numbers in the Greek League scoring about 0.8 goals per game. He did have a great performance knocking Roma out of the Europa League a couple of years ago, so that alone should give him enough support from the tifosi. I think we can use another central defender not sure if Biava will hold up and is Diakite good enough?

So we have a crowded foward line: Floccari, Zarate, Sculli, Klose, Rocchi, Cisse.

20. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes we do have a crowded forward line which I think iw great. You haven't even mentioned Kozak either. I will only be happy if they sold no more than 1 of our strikers. If two goi away we must replace it with another quality striker. We need quality bodies for 3 competitions this season.

I think Biava will do fine this year again. Dias and Biava worked with each other perfectly who were the next best thing besides Nesta-Silva of Milan.

I think Diakite is a suitable defender. He didnt have much of a chance last season due to the extraordinary performaces from our CB's . I would not be happy if we let Diakite go but instead should keep him and add another CB. We need depth, especially for this season.

21. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lazio has signed Marius Stankevičius from Sampdoria for 1 million. Insignificant player.

22. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    That's a decent buy, he played ok for Valenica las season. A depth player who can either play full back or wing position.

23. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Forgot about Kozak, would like to see him get more playing time, he had a knack for scoring some big goals, he had 3 game winner last season. I personally would sell Floccari, I like him as a player but we've brought in some depth and his skill set is a little undefined he's decent at everything. Zarate would net the highest fee however I am willing to give him one more season, he was better in the latter parts, plus I can see him having a strong Europa League campaign, perhaps without the difficulties of playing striker in Serie A will see him prosper against clubs form other countries.

Your right about Dias and Biava, they were the best except for Thiago/Nesta combo who might be the best in the world along with Vidic/Rio and Puyol/Pique.

Depth will be huge, the previous two seasons that we were in European competitions didn't bode well for our Serie A performance, and depth was a major factor.

24. Pato-7

Pato-7 New Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Cisse arrives at Lazio. 6m euro move completed.

[​IMG]

25. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thats right. Currently our formation looks as so according to my prediction

-------Klose---Cisse-----
    ----------Hernanes------
    Mauri---Ledesma---Cana-
    Radu--Biava--Dias--Konko
    --------Marchetti--------

Bench:
    Zarate Kozak Rocchi Floccari Sculli
    Gonzalez Brocchi Matuzalem Foggia
    Diakite Stendardo Lulic Stankevicious

Insignificants: Garrido DelNero Makinwa Zauri Scaloni

A very very deep team with tons of quality. Im very happy with this team so far. Its rumored Floccari and Foggia are on their way out and constantly looking to be sold are the insignificants.

On the way in are reportingly 1 more CB and 1 more Midfielder. Depending on the quality of these 2 expected players to arrive, we can challenge 2nd-3rd spots with Napoli Juve and Im going to say Inter loosely in the standings for 2nd or 3rd with ACM running away with it again.

Going to be a very exciting season.