Lazio Transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by Catfish, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
  2. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Take him and Corradi back. Now. Please. For the love of God.

3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    to freshen this up...the first addition is defensive midfielder Fabio Firmani, late of Catania.

Slightly more exciting if leguen takes over as a coach, he may bring a few players from Lyon.

Gianniachedda signed on a free for Juve....Oddo seems set to move to Milan, hopefully we can get some decent cash or a couple good players...

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    latest seems to be lazio interested in a # of atalanta's young talents with the obvious Rossi connections.

Closer to immediate are talks with Chievo for winger Francheschini and the return of one-time prodigal son Roberto Baronio as a central midfielder. He really matured at chievo, love to have him back.

Lotito seems to be playing tough w Milan for Oddo, a good sign for sure...

a lotta of this culled from datasport.it:

http://www.datasport.it

5. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
  6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Don't have the link handy, but there are rumors Biscan's been let go by 'Pool and might come to Lazio. I know he's a midfielder, but he'd probably be our second best defender if he signs..............

7. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Di Biagio was actually pretty good this season. Despite the red cards, he scored some goals off of corners and penalties and converted himself into a centerback. Could add some depth and experience to Lazio.

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    yeah to me Di Biagio is over the hill and adding guys on that level basically say relegation fight again.

Biscan, however, can replace Giannichedda in defensive midfield or slide to the back when its gets thin as GG did this past season.

Lotsa rumors, they gotta move fast with Intertoto a month away.

9. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  10. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    scratch that with parma staying up, time to look at some bologna players...maybe a locatelli as an attacking midfielder.

11. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Locatelli would be a good addition to the midfield.....Mourad Meghni would also be a nice young addition but all indications thus far point to him going to Juve.

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Lazio has extended the co-ownership deal with inter re: Pandev. Pandev is still owned 50/50 but will play for Lazio this coming season. My guess is we'll get complete ownership and a fringe inter player (morfeo?) in a 2 for 1 swap for Cesar eventually.

Interesting piece on Sereni here:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun22l.html

he talks about how the club was thrown together last yr with loan deals and there was no real chemistry. I fear the same thing this yr unless they get moving on some deals by mid July.

13. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    I agree....Intertoto is approaching and there is still a lot of work to do with this club.

14. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    so with Cosmi now in charge at Udinese he likes Lazio playmaker Liverani...and we may be able to parlay this into getting one-time Lazio youth product Pinzi back.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun26j.html

This would be tremendous, combine that with the return of former golden boy Baronio and it gives us 2 versatile central midfielders.....neither are strict defensive physical players like Giannichedda but both are athletic and more box-to-box than we've had in yrs...

goal.com has the swap as a straight deal, which to me is a steal:

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=69797&idSez=20

Liverani is skilled, but he's too slow and to me not starting caliber on a top level team.

15. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
  16. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
  17. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Natali would have been very good, but I think Lazio will shoot younger.

Along those lines they've inked 21yo Felice Piccolo, a central defender from Juve on loan with a purchase option. He was at Reggina last yr, I dont think he played much.

We're still going to have a team with many on loan, I hope they are smart enough to continue getting the option to purchase as they did last year with Rocchi...

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Felice Piccolo has been loaned to Lazio. The player is in joint ownership between Juve and Reggina and Lazio has the option to buy Reggina's half in 2006. GdS even ranks him as a starter for this coming season.

19. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Brazilian defender Sanchez Emilson Cribari has been loaned to Lazio from Udinese, pending his completion of a medical exam. He injured his knee in January of this past season and was out the rest of the year. Before last year, the 25-year-old was with Empoli for 5 seasons.

20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    while Piccolo and Cribari come to bolster the central defense, a spot could be open at right back. This is the most adamant about leaving Oddo has appeared:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/july/italnews3060705.html

certainly Milan has enough fringe players that can start for us now, perhaps 1 or 2 and some cash would do...

21. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  22. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    That'd be great! At least we're allowed to buy players. ;)

23. cicciobello

cicciobello New Member

May 25, 2005
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Paolo Di Canio Napoletano!!!!!

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001