Lazio Transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by Catfish, Apr 7, 2005.

1. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    time to kickstart this thread....Lotito once again showing some bravado...Kolarov not for sale, we can buy anyone:

http://www.football-italia.net/may28x.html

Settling the Floccari deal with Genoa is one step, its a nice 3-man rotation at striker with Floccari, Zarate and Rocchi.

2. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    "one thing must be clear: Lazio doesn't need to sell to buy, actually, it's in a position to be able to buy any player for any figure. Lazio have the resources to do it,” - Lotito

Talk is cheap (no pun intended) when it comes to Lotito. Hopefully we can hang on to Kola but if he has a great WC maybe that 18 million Euro tag could reach 25 mill.

3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    so I'm just guessing here but Lichtsteiner was impressive for the Swiss today. with good tourneys we could have trouble hanging onto Kolarov, Licht and maybe even Muslera.

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    so Lotito at least appears more active this summer right off the bat. Floccari move made permanent, and attacking fullback Pablo Pintos is signed. Cover for Lichtsteiner I guess. The club seems close on some other rumors too...

http://lazio.theoffside.com/

Great to see Muslera do so well, he could take Uruguay to the SF's..

5. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lichsteiner>Pablo Pintos. So far no gain and I expected to keep Floccari. Trust me Philips this mercato already doesn't look good.

Nobody is interested in Kolarov anymore. Certainly not for 25 million asking price and Lotito already refused 20 million. We will see Kolarov at Lazio again.

Lichsteiner may just leave now, not quite sure yet.

Lotito is maxed out on non-eu spots and kolarov and makinwa are still on the team. A team called Wisla was asking for him for a small price and Lotito refused when qiute frankly we should have gave them Makinwa for free.

Sokratis from Genoa does not want to come to Lazio although apparently there is a deal already negotiated. We will find out mid-july when he comes back from vacation what he wants to do.

Barrerra from MExico is another strong rumor. Not informed about him, could be a decent player.

We signed Alvaro Gonzalez also, but need the transfer market to open for it to be official.

Belhadj will be a mistake if we sign him. We are Lazio.. not Portsmouth, even I can look good on Portsmouth.

I hope we end up with good transfers this market.

6. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    as do I...well one rumor was 10M for Belhadj/Boateng....and I'm betting they'll sell Kolarov for the 20M somewhere, too much money for Lotito to pass up on. He could strengthen everywhere.

hey at least he's making moves early this time. I thought Belhadj looked decent in the WC.

7. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Lazio signs Mark Bresciano on a free from Palermo. Not sure how much he has left in the tank, but he's better than the mess we used in midfield last season.

8. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looks like Lazio pulled a fast one. Bresciano always said he wanted to leave serie a no?

His contract will be until 2013. Waiting for the official news and him holding up the royal Lazio biancocelesti jersey.

9. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    anyone still here?

good sale on Kolarov.. what 16-18 million euros we got? thats a great deal. I would of been really happy with just 10 million. Looks like Man City have endless money.

10. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    good sale indeed, I hope we can secure the LB Antonelli from Parma as was the rumor a few wks ago...

11. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mark Bresciano signing on a free is a solid signing.

Aleksandar Kolarov being sold for 16 million pounds is a fantastic deal for Lazio (assuming at least some of the fee is to be spent on new players). In my view Kolarov, is pretty good but at maybe the 10 million euro range, to get double that is fantastic.

Roberto Mancini's interest in Serie A players is fantastic news for the Italian club coffers.

12. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I too like the Bresciano signing. It was a free transfer, why not. He has scored two goals in 3 serious pre-season friendlies so far

13. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Brescaino is ok, we need all the midfield depth we can get.

Kola for just under 20M is great, he was an exciting player with a canon left foot, but this team needs to bolster the midfield and 18M to do just that along with a replacement @LB would help. Antonelli would be a decent replacement.

14. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    He's ok at left back...I might prefer moving Radu back there and adding a good CB....

To me the only exciting move here is the rumored deal for Hernanes...a real creative center midfielder...been too long since we had a true #10.

15. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well Zarate looked to be a legit #10.

News reports in Brazil and Italy say that the deal is done waiting for a Brazilian Cup to conclude. Sao Paolo may be knocked out on Thursday which will see Hernanes leave for Rome the next day to do a medical. 13.5 million and he will earn 1.5 million first year and 2 million the next 4 years.

On the other hand, the presidents of the team has said nothing is official yet. I think the Sao Paulo president is denying a sale so their is no tension in the locker room for Hernanes. Lotito has said he will announce the player official once he is registered under Lazio in Lega Calcio.

16. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    lets hope it happens. And Zarate, while real creative is not a real #10 playmaker. He doesn't create for anyone but himself. In fact, getting Zarate into the team concept is one of Reja's big challenges.

17. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    sounds like the Hernanes thing is almost done, and Boateng a strong possiblity also. good moves..

18. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    its said that boateng wants to stay in England. I guess Boateng enjoys the dump and chase league.

hugo almeida is a strong link to us as we might secure it for around 4 million.

19. Rivelino87

Rivelino87 Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston, Ma
    Club:
    Atletico Belo Horizonte
    The media kept saying last night that he was likely playing his last game for SPFC. SPFC got knocked out the semi-final by Internacional, and after the game Hernanes hugged Rogerio Ceni (SPFC keeper) on the pitch and they seemed to be saying goodbye to each other, in what became an emotional scene with Rogerio crying a bit, most likely because the two will never play together again since Ceni is 37.

Hernanes will be a great buy for Lazio. He is one of my favorite players to watch in Brazil.

20. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its official. Hernanes is locked with us for 5 years for 1.7 million euros a year. Sao Paolo has it official on their website. Yes I watched the game as I couldn't wait for Sao Paolo to be eliminated and saw the emotion. I knew all Laziale were smiling as we can't wait to get him in our team. Sao Paolo's elimination has pushed that official announcement to the media and fans.

What can you tell me about Hernanes Rivelino. I know he is called 'the prophet' and is in the upcoming Brazilian National Team. I hear about his shots and dribbling. What are his strong and weak points? Would be appreciated thanks.

21. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm slowly allowing myself to become optimistic about the coming season.

Hopefully by next Tuesday I'll have seen 'the prophet' play against the USMNT and I'll know more.

22. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Even tho my favorite team in Europe is AC Milan, I'm here to congratulate you for such a nice signing. Hernanes is a pleasure to watch, even for the supporters of rival teams.

Let's see...

+ He has great technique ( dribbling, ball control, etc)
    + He has no weaker foot. Both feet are equal.
    + Good vision and passing
    + Powerful shot, though he doesn't try as many shots as he should IMO.

- average speed
    - His form tend to flutuate during the season.
    - Not very strong physically, he is more of a technical player.
    -Never played in Europe, impossible to predict how well he will adapt. Plus he is 25, unless he is a late peak player I don't see him improving much.

He is more of a deep-lying playmaker a la Pirlo than a trequartista.

Some of the best vids I have of him:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C10piFRCSIk"]YouTube- ‪Hernanes vs D'alessandro‬‎[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t281ElYeSLo"]YouTube- ‪Drible Hernanes (São Paulo 3 x 1 Botafogo)‬‎[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZGjksry1Gk"]YouTube- ‪[ SPFC ] Hernanes # Sequência de dribles contra o Internacional (23/05/2010)‬‎[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRIt4QmJ_2o"]YouTube- ‪Hernanes - Lances no Paulistão 2009‬‎[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOLEaD4270"]YouTube- ‪Hernanes, '10' Sao Paolo‬‎[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi5k8RFUhOg&feature=PlayList&p=D3AD977377649F61&index=43"]YouTube- ‪HERNANES - São Paulo FC midfielder‬‎[/ame]

Hope that this is useful. Please take good care of him, I reckon he has a nice future with the Brazilian National team.

23. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Perfect. Thanks. I am very excited to see Hernanes play with us. I hope Europe brings his game to the next level. Ave Biancocelesti!