Lazio in Serie A (R)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by phillips10, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Even though I'm a roma fan, I really feel bad for lazio....they do not deserve this....there has been a derby for as long as I remember and to see them go down, would be a very sad day in rome....

2. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not to burst anyone's bubble here, but I would love to see ASR drop to a lower division. That's just me. Your sympathy is definitely appreciated but you would never catch me saying the same about ASR.

Since we do not share the same territory as each other(as Lazio and merdista fans do in Rome) and waving our flags and insulting each others teams daily, I can see why international fans have a more neutral mood towards each other.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Honstly, growing up and living out in Northern California all my life , with the exception of a period of when I lived and worked in Florence from 2001-2005, I never really learned or shared hatred for any club. Having said that, not being a "tifoso acanito" but as an objective observer, IMHO, any southern team in disarray and on the verge of relegation, is a sad thing for all of southern Italy.

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  5. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    I've never really felt much ill will towards Roma, however when I go to visit relatives in Roma whom are all Romanisti, they really amp up my hatred towards them. Aside from the occasional trips there I admire the way Roma play for the most part and I root for them in the CL. If you live in the city of Rome and are a Lazio fan you would detest Roma just from the sheer abuse you would get daily. For example I was trying to find a bus to go to the Olimpico and group of road workers gave me a hard time because of my Lazio jersey, so they were kind enough to lead me to a bus that brought me in the opposite direction of the Olimpico :mad:

The only team I really hated was Juve from the mid to late 90's onwards and Inter until they began winning I've grown some respect for them.

6. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    One thing that has been kind of lost in this season which was huge question mark the last few seasons has been our goaltending situation.

Muslera has really become a solid keeper this season after some abysmal efforts the last few seasons. He's even won the starting job for Uruguay, and with some WC experience under his belt he could be a very good keeper for years to come. He is young, has the physique and his play keeps on improving.

7. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thats right.. at the beginning Muslera looked like a nightmare and seemed intimidated by every shot that was coming his way. After gaining confidence from Lazio, he has become the goalie that Lazio had projected him to be. Although Muslera, along with Kolarov, get payed the lowest amoung Lazio h, he is a very valuable asset to our team. I hope this world cup he can do well for himself as he has come quite a long way.

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    guys like Muslera and Kolarov are real gems, excellent buys for this team....will Lotito keep them or sell on this summer when their value is real high.

I think Lotito has to define what kind of club this is now, is it like a Udinese or Samp?...good at finding low-cost stars but more likely to sell high then fight for the top 4. that of course is providing we dont get relegated ;)

9. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Now that the transfer market has passed, it should no longer be Firmani Baronio Mauri Siviglia's fault if Lazio continue to lose. Fortunantly, looking at the Probable starting 11 we can continue to see our lineups without these players on. we should no longer be putting the blame on them anymore because they shouldn't even be playing at all! I fully expect Matuzalem or Foggia to take Mauri's spot when they are healthy again. Finally with surprise additions and with a highly regarded coach, this has become a reality. With Diakite, Foggia, Hitzelsperger, Zarate ready to be put on along with a good coach, we finally can breathe a sigh of relief and be comfortable with what we have. Now this team lacks intangible aspects like a tactic and psychological stability that Reja must bring out.

MUST I remind everyone before we feast our eyes on Ledesma's name with joy, that last season he was terrible. Not bad.. terrible(in my opinion, sorry philips). For a creative shallow mid, he wasted opportunities and wasted passes from everywhere. Now he hasn't trained with the team that has an entirely different starting 11, only Kolarov Lichsteiner Muslera and Rocchi from previous seasons has he played first string football with. I am not expecting Ledesma to be some 'warrior' or 'prodigy' like Lotito may insist. My expectations from him are still low but higher than Roberto Baronio.

Our next four games are Parma away, Palermo away, Fiorentina at home, and Sampdoria away. All these teams are playing terrific football also. I dont expect Edy Reja to pull out miracles out of these games because he is still new and will be hard to have such an instant impact against these teams.

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Id be happy with 5 points in the next 4 games.

10. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    well the reality is Inter's been bidding between 5-8M euro for the guy, and a couple russian clubs did as well. Ledesma has pretty good value and is our best midfield, I know that's not saying a lot but he is. After a few matches the difference in quality will be clear.

He's not a great destroyer or a flat-our attacking midfielder which I think is why he isn't truly appreciated. The 3-5-2 could be perfect for him, paired with a real ball winner and a creator...let Ledesma do the rest.

11. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Three points from Parma. :cool:

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow I had no idea that Lotito sacked Davide Ballardini in favor of Edy Reja......he is a good manager and should bring them back up.....

13. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Questo e nostra Lazio.

We were unfortunate to win only 2-0. Kolarov missed a breakaway and Paci hand balled it BEHIND the goal line and the ref turned a blind face. This game should have been 4-0 on any other day easy.

Floccari another big game. Supplied Zarate his goal and was a terror to the parma D. should of had a goal himself but Paci hand balled it as mentioned.
    Biava does not have my trust back there. He was Parmas gateway in to our final 3rd.
    Stenadardo a beast on set plays and even blocked a close range shot from biabiany after he skipped by Biava.
    Solid game from Muslera as usual. Anything that flew over his head he caught and shotstopped every shot on goal.
    Ledesma.. almost gave a break away to Parma but Stendardo to the rescue. His free kicks are better than Baronios definitly but did a okay job for a 1st game back.
    Zarate showing motivation again. Good game under the new coach

It looks like Lazio have found a new foundation with Edoardo Reja. I guarentee you this game would have been 0-0 with Ballardini. Good game Lazio, unfortunate to win only 2-0

14. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Solid effort, Stendardo has added some stability at the back. It could've been more with chances late but Lazio were fortunate early not to concede as Biabiany pushed a tap in wide midway through the 1s half.

This team needed that a solid win vs a team that held Inter here a few days ago. Nice to see Zarate score he hadn't scored since September so a goal will hopefully bring his confidence back up. Floccari was the catalyst once more and has been Lazio's best player since arriving to Rome.

15. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    nice performance, in addition to putting Ledesma back in...great move by Reja to bring Zarate off the bench. He needs to check himself and play more for the team, which I think you'll see now...

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why is Lazio wearing white? Don't they usually wear light blue at home?

17. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am not sure who exactly tells LAzio what to wear, but these 110th anniversery jerseys are a one year thing and probably want to wear them to show off against bigger teams.

i do not have the energy right now to go off on a rant on how much i ********ing hate Davide Ballardini and Edy Reja. Tutti stesso. all the same bullshit. lets get a goal and sit on it. Lazio were still putting up dangerous attacks even up one goal, but Reja insists on defending and keeping on a tired Rocchi instead of a Zarate itching to get on. Bravo Reja you stupid ********ing piece of shit

O ya i forgot to give a shout out to Stefano Mauri. How the ******** Mauri is still in Serie A is beyond me. What the motive is for Ballardini and Reja to play Mauri all the ********ing time is a true mystery. Another sitter missed today. 1 on 1 with the keeper with all the time in the world and he shoots it at the goalies arms. Ma Va..

18. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    mauri does suck and they are going to renew his contract! time for hitzlsperger to get a run in that spot. dissapointing draw, reja's first bad showing..

19. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Mauri should only see the field with a rash of injuries at the same position. He does seem to get in the right spots, but watching him flub chance after chance is frustrating. Perhaps teams aren't paying much attention to him knowing he is so hesitant and that fact he lacks any cutting edge in the final 3rd.

20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    seems like Reja is still fishing for the right formation, tough match at samp this week....a loss and this relegation things gets serious.

21. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Lazio have had some success vs Samp over the years, a draw would be a good result here.

Lazio would probably be best served with a 4-3-3 formation as it best suits the players we have.

Muslera
    Lietch-Radu-Siviglia-Kolarov
    Matuzalem-Ledesma-Hitzel/Brocchi
    Zarate-Floccari-Foggia/Hitzel/Mauri

or

4-1-2-1-2
    Muslera
    Lietch-Radu-Siviglia-Kolarov
    Ledesma
    Matuzalem-Brocchi
    Mauri/Foggia
    Zarate-Floccari

Not sure about Foggia's health however.

22. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Samp is unbeaten at home and Foggia still injured. Enough said for now.

23. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    yeah this has a 3-0 spanking written all over it....Lazio cant seem to get a formation going that utilizes Foggie when healhty anyways. I'd like to see a basic 4-4-2....put a ballwinner next to Ledesma in the middle and play two creative wingers like Foggia on the right and somebody on the left.

24. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  25. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lazio's fate is in Livorno's hands, along with Siena and Atalanta. God forbid if they win atleast 3/10 games remaining.. then Lazio will be in huge trouble. This Lazio team is being run by garbage with garbage players on the field. That spells Serie B, but Lazio have to keep praying the teams below do not win since we are incapable of doing so ourselves.