Lazio in Serie A (R)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by phillips10, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    that is very interesting, curious to see that in action...I still think Rocchi may be finished or just badly off form.

2. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    looking around the web I've seen this as the probably lineup. Its a good move to bench Rocchi and Mauri.

Lazio (3-4-1-2) 86 Muslera, 13 Siviglia, 87 Diakitè, 26 Radu; 2Lichtsteiner, 4 Firmani, 33 Baronio, 11 Kolarov; 8 Matuzalem; 20 Floccari, 10 Zarate.

A disp: (88 Berni, 3 Scaloni, 32 Brocchi, 9 Rocchi, 5 Mauri, 18 Makinwa, 21 Inzaghi) All. Ballardini

*and this unit is a down a goal late in the 1st half.

3. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nice 4-1 win today, against a team that we should beat handily at the Olimpico.

Floccari with two goals today to overturn a 1-0 halftime deficit, hopefully he can regain the form he had with Atalanta his previous 2 seasons.

Zarate was whining a little after Kolarov stepped up to take the spot kick in the 90th, the fans jeered him for that. Kolarov calmly blasted the shot past the Livorno keeper. Zarate needs to get his focus back, it has been a frustrating year for him. Actually his time at Lazio has been frustrating since his first few games for the Biancoceleste when he was a scoring machine.

Pandev almost scored in his debut with Inter. Didn't even know there were games today, usually mid week games are played at 2:30ET.

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    yeah the early games caught me by surprise too...dream start for Floccari.

Zarate is an interesting problem, I think he's really suffered without Pandev who was probably the only other guy who could beat defenders with the ball, really create.

and nice to see Rocchi score.

5. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that unbeaten streak didn't last very long. :(

6. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we didn't JUST lose to the second worst team in Serie A, we got smashed 3-0.

as long as Lotito is making money off Lazio then he is happy. Lotito is an AS Merda fan.

Here comes Serie B. Thanks Lotito.

7. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    wow just when things are looking up, ugh.

ledesma's about to leave for nothing and lotito is rejecting offers. He's a fool and once again the team is so thin that after a couple injuries we can get demolished by atalanta!

Floccari's hurt now, watchout.

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  9. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello relegation zone. :(

10. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Watching this game was so depressing. The only thing that gave me a warm feeling was Curva Nord hollaring at Lotito. I know Lotito doesn't care but psychologically, it must sink in at some point of time. Unless he is a Roma fan which is heavily being regarded at the moment. There is even a youtube video of him sitting in the Curva Sud with Roma fans prior buying Lazio.

Ballardini doesn't have a friggin clue how to run this club. Did you see his comments after the game? This guy must go to the same optical shop as Lotito because they are both dillusional idiots.

Anyways, I really don't see Lazio getting out of the relegation zone to be honest. I can easily come up with several different reasons why I think this and I do not feel like posting all of them unless someone is honestly interested to know. Whatever the result is, no matter what league we are in, you will always find me here.

Non Mollare Mai Lazio. Its unlikely but not impossible.

11. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    wow, this is going to be interesting. I cant believe we lose at home to Catania.
    Ballardini does seem lost, I cant believe he used the 2 new defenders straight away, days after they arrive.

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    so Ballardini out, Reja in....Ledesma may be reworked into the team.

lets see what the team looks like this wk vs parma

13. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Holy Mary Mother of God! Haliluia Praise The Lord! I dont believe it.

I can't believe Lotito let go of his puppet. It was not hard for Lotito to shove his fist in Ballardini's ass and control him like a puppet like Tare as well. I can't believe what a Loser Ballardini was. He would be so happy with Lazio's effort even when we lost to Atalanta 3-0 or Catania at home. This guy was a born loser. He was a disgrace to SS Lazio 1900. If he became the coach of Inter today, he would finish 3rd place I am sure of this. This guy was the most illogical tactician in Serie A by a mile.

Lazio actually got a gift here getting Edy Reja. Not only is he a proven coach but we had to get him released from Hajduk.

Forza Lazio, hopefully he can pull Lazio out of this coma.

14. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    if not, he's good at winning Serie B :)

if he can reintegrate Ledesma and make proper use of Foggia when healthy I'm sure we'll survive.

15. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    About time, Reja did well with Napoli and he seems to be a good choice atm. Ballardini never had a handle on this side, he never seemed comfortable with an line up and it showed.

I can't believe this squad will be fighting for a salvetta this season what a nightmare. We are a mid table team but we shouldn't be fighting with the likes of Livorno, Catania, Siena and Atalanta. Tbh Serie A has improved top to bottom in recent years so maybe it shouldn't be a big surprise.

There are a multitude of things wrong with the club atm but looking at the results I've never seen Lazio drop so many points at home to mediocre sides.

Perhaps I could enjoy the Lazio derby next season between Lazio and Frosinone :eek:

16. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Foggia is massive for this squad, they need his pace and creativity alongside Zarate. One of the main reasons this squad has suffered so much in the new year.

17. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Haha thats what I was thinking. And your right about the formation. Every game there was something new. He never wanted to improve playing in one style. Everything had to be new all the time until he found something to click. Its hard for things to piece together when you keep playing snap crackle pop in midfield and have Foggia on the bench all the time, Ledesma in the stands and sells Pandev and De Silvestri. A true retard Ballardini.

Good point phillips about Reja in Serie B. He knows what it takes to win so we should be in good hands if we do get relegated. I hope Reja will have enough time to try new things with Lazio and improve Lazio tactically to get a flow to make Lazio climb.

Non Mollare Mai, Never give up.

18. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Looking at Reja's experience and countless managerial jobs he's had, it seems to me he is a good fit for a quick turn around, perhaps not a long term solution.

We shall see. But anything is better than watching Ballardini wearing a tuque, looking like he had just shoveled the drive way for 2 hours.

19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    well said. but c'mon guys we're going to survive. 3 pts at parma would be great, and pull them right into the danger area..

20. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ok I must say,, firing Ballardini is ALOT more comforting to me. Ballardini still has a contract until season-end and I didnt think Lotito would fire him. Now we have hired Edy Reja and now have to pay two tacticians. It is certainly worth it if we do survive. But the way Lazio has played under Ballardini was an absolute disgrace. We had nothing going offensively, we have amoung the worst goal per game ratio in Serie A. Its hard to survive when we cant score versus minnow teams. I hope Edy Reja can play the best players and with a legit tactic.

21. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    read on football italia that he's installed a 3-5-2...with Kolarov/Licthsteiner as the wingbacks...the back 3 of radu-siviglia-dias.

Ledesma and Hitzlsperger as 2 of the middle 3 I'd guess...with Floccari/Zarate up front.

22. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    I am liking that formation. That back 3 might be a little exposed but Kolarov and Licht can handle the flanks while the guys in the middle clean up the mess. Don't know much about Dias tbh. The mids would consist of Hitzelsperger, Ledesma, and Mauri. Mauri will form a trident with Floccari/Zarate perhaps.

The one change I would make would be dropping Zarate or Floccari into more of an attacking midfield role, while adding Cruz or Rocchi up front. Mauri is useless.

Have to turn this season around.

23. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cruz has been useless besides the first two games of the season. I do not want to see a second mor of him.

Edy,,, why Sivilglia??? I dont think he will play ahead of Stendardo and Biava. I don't think Edy is an absent minded tool like Ballardini

24. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why!? :(

25. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I agree with all of you that siviglia shouldn't play over stendardo or biava, that was only the day one report.

whatever Reja is up to, I hope he sticks with a formation and a core group unlike ballardini.

I would like to see mauri replaced, perhaps when matuzalem is healthy he'll get that spot behind the strikers.