La Liga: the best league in the world

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by ElGuapo, Apr 6, 2012.

1. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    I liked La Liga during 2003-2007.

2. NuffSaid

NuffSaid BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 14, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You are mixing Canzano55 up with me, idiot! It doesnt matter how wonderful you think your perfect league is - the world doesnt agree - live with it. Meanwhile the rest of humanity will continue to concentrate on the superior products of the other much more entertaining leagues.

3. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Premier League is a better competition and probably the best nowadays.
    Sure, La Liga is number 1 when it comes to technique skills and tactics, but it lacks physical strength. The defenders in La Liga are amateurs compared to those in the Premier League

4. Saturos

Saturos Member

May 9, 2010
    You act like no one cares about the spanish league, after the english league the spanish league is the most popular.

England superior? Spain is dominating football now, if England had a spell like Spain has now every englishman would hype it as the greatest achievmant ever in world football.

5. NuffSaid

Jun 14, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How many times do I have to tell you - ITS NOT ABOUT HOW GOOD SPAIN IS, its about how good the domestic league is - and the Spanish league is not one of the better leagues - because its a 2 horse race and because there is a lot of 'gamesmanship' and because the football is a bit too 'tippy tappy' / slow! It may 'arguably' be the most effective (it may not) and some people may like to watch that kind of thing but the amount of people that prefer the other leagues proves I think that 'most' would rather watch Bayern Munich v Dortmund than Bilbao v Valencia.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not a fair comparison as Bayern and Dortmund are the top 2 teams in Germany. So replace them with Stuttgart and Frieburg, then compare with Bilbao - Valencia.

MatthausSammer and unclesox repped this.
  7. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I don't really care about your predictions. You could be right or wrong either way, it really doesn't matter because it doesn't prove anything and you as a supporter have nothing to lose unless your betting on the games which I doubt you do. Judging by the lack of experience in your poor criticism and childlike comebacks suggests you probably don't have the money.

I'm not going to go into the metrics of coefficients with you and how they are a very miscalculated way of gauging the ambition of individual clubs and the relative stakes. This debate has been examined on these boards for a very long time and you are way to late to the show to make it worth my while.

8. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And it would be still right..

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    It would be a matter of opinion. I'd rather watch Bilbao v Valencia.

10. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    People need to realize that "best league" can be defined many ways. If you mean most entertaining league, then it's a matter of opinion. We just need to keep in mind that entertaining doesn't necessarily mean those teams are of the best quality.

If best league means which league has the best teams on the pitch, then we'd still be hard pressed to find a correct answer, since we don't have many direct results to look at. The best we can do is to look at the UEFA coefficients, and La Liga is doing extremely well in those right now. At the very least, the top 7 or so teams in Spain have done consistently better in recent years than their equivalents in every other league.

11. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe because you've never seen a single match of Freiburg :)

12. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Its not the best we can do its just a convenient statistic that encompasses a tournament that might as well not exist because it has very little to offer to individual clubs who have domestic priorities.

Athletico and their La Liga friends win a few more Europa league games then everybody else so that automatically makes La Liga the strongest league.

Give me a break.

13. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What would you suggest?

14. Saturos

Saturos Member

May 9, 2010
    Spanish teams are not only doing well in the Europa league, they also do well in the CL. This year all 4 spanish teams in the CL qualified for the next round while only 2 english teams did, this way the spanish league get more UEFA coefficent points.

Spanish teams have won both more EL and CL the last 20 years, in what way is the english league the best if they win fewer CL and EL than other leagues? The important thing is to win, most english teams who go to the CL final loses the final. Manchester United vs Barcelona were two of the most uneven finals ever to have been played, they were outclasses and completely inferior compared to Barca.

I will laugh when Real Madrid outclass Manchester United yet again.

15. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    no one gives a shit about the europa league, and the epl has had 8 cl finalists in the last 8 years compared to spains 3, all of which were down to one side ( and a few referees) and has no bearing on the league itself. when a team other than barcelona can even get to a final then there could be a debate. also, villareal8, please dont take this as a signal i want to talk to you, you have been banned more times on this board than i can count.

16. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    amigos Lo siento pero la realidad es la liga no existe hay campeon antes de la navidad.
    But the opposite point of view being expressed here that the epl is better is laughable.The teams outside the top six cant even control the ball properly.Europes f...ked a thing of the past destroyed by mafiosos,money launderers and sheiks

17. Saturos

Saturos Member

May 9, 2010
    Spanish teams have won more CL the last 20 years than english teams. The english league is a joke, letting people like the criminal Abramovich owning clubs in England shows how uncivilised the country is...Why can't english players play football? They can only pass the ball long and hope the forward can get a touch on the ball. No wonder England has done nothing in world football the last 50 years.

The future of football is which countries have the most skilled players, no english players is skilled with the ball.

I don't give a shit about what english racists think, Spain dominates world football today in a way England has never done by winning 3 tournaments in a row.

Why don't shit teams like Tottenham care about the Europa league? That is their level, they are a small team with no history so the CL is not and will never be their level. The smaller english teams should accept this fact and understand that they have no place in the CL.

How can that shit arab owned team Man City win the english league? They can't even win a game in the CL hahahaha.

Why do they call it the english league when the owners are foreign and the players are foreign? I see no english people playing football in England, i see no red haired people at all, i see only africans and other foreigners in England. What a joke hahahaha.

At least Spain has the best foreign players like Messi and Ronaldo and not Unga Bunga from Nigeria playing in England hahahaha.

F*ck all these arrogant fat and ugly english people always going to warm countries and bringing their slutty women and fat men hooligans destroying every place they visit. England should be banned from all civilised countries as long as their fat and pink skinned people behave like the fat racists that they are, the english women should be locked up in a cell instead of seducing local men to f*ck them in the ass and the english men should stop wasting their lives doing nothing but drinking and beating their women.

How civilised are a people who kills their own fellow englishmen and then piss on their dead bodies and rob them like the liverpool fans did to other liverpool fans? How civilised is a country which people go to other countries and are always enjoying hooliganism and destroying cities because they think it's fun? When english people travel to Turkey they burn turkish flags and wipe their ass with turkish money, how arrogant and evil this people are.

18. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Your post is rife with stereotypes and xenophobia.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  19. Saturos

Saturos Member

May 9, 2010
    I don't care, stay in your little island with your slutty women and continue drinking beer and wasting your unimportant lives doing nothing useful. Be happy to have your little PL with Abramovich and other criminals and be happy that you are not producing any english talents at all. Be happy to live in a cold and rainy depressing little island.

So funny that the english women are so tired to be beaten everyday by their fat alcoholic husbands so they do anything to get foreign husbands even arab husbands are deemed to be better than fat english alcoholic named George. Hahaha.

20. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    It's funny. I'm not English. I haven't said Premier League is the best either. I said either Serie A or Bundesliga is the best.

21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This would be a good WR post for sure, but this thread is not in GR.

[​IMG]

22. NuffSaid

Jun 14, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Saturos needs to be banned, he is a racist.

23. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    he gets banned every 6 months, i think he gets semi annual internet privelidges where he is housed, and he gets just long enough on here till the pills wear off.

canzano55 and BocaFan repped this.
  24. rojadirecta

rojadirecta Member

Oct 4, 2010
    A few reasons why Spain is the best.

Spain is superior in every aspect, and the reason why they are so successful is because now unlike other European teams, export homegrown talent and import talent elsewhere. Their academies are central to their dominance. Spain is nothing but canteras.

The third, 2b division, and liga Adelante are highly competitive and strong as a result of the first point made. Its chaotic down on those lower division leagues and ultra competitive because all teams want to go to first division. (Its very tough, but people who never played football would not understand)

The IFHHS ranks La Liga number one again, with a higher percentage than last year. England is ranked number 5!

The Spanish philosophy of coaching football has become more technical during recent years, and can now play any style. Many wealthy countries send their kids to be trained under the academic system, so they develop skills. And recently their has a been a steady growth of these youth players coming from the USA, and Mexico.

Spain is not a nationalist country, but full of separatist-regionalism. And autonomic regions like Catalunya, Andalucia, Euskerria, Madrid, Mallorca, Asturias, Galicia, Valencia..
    Could create their own regionalism teams and could defeat many strong countries. If for example Andalucia played against England, they could no doubt beat them! That's how strong Spain is.

It reminds me of Yugoslavia before its fall, but on a more competitive level.

This might seem unrelated.... but its still important to note overall. Outside of Football was is England good at? Not basketball, not tennis, not Handball, not golf, not football 5....... How about Spain?

That marks the difference between the seriousness sports play in both countries, when comparing Spain and England.

In today's world, Spain dominates England in sport names and quality by a long shot. Not even close. But if you have down syndrome, clap your hands!

Spain's biggest competitor will be Germany...and Germany is already taking over England.

The Bundesliga is my 2nd favorite league, and I am glad to see teams like BVB do so well. Germany is starting to be, that strong side they were a few decades back.

England will decline, because their market relies to much on imports, rather than on their own system. Their is no balance, and soon they will start to choke as we can see in this champions league.

I have been in England, and their homegrown talent is worst than Moldavia. That's a huge pillar to be considered the best.

Any dumb fan that supports the hardcore theory that the Premiership is superior to La Liga, has a delusional fetish on their personal bias against La Liga.

. The premier League is behind the Bundesliga and Serie A. I doubt a team like Chelsea or Man U, or Many City..would beat a team like Juve.

Rojinegro1 repped this.
  25. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Catalunya can't even beat Nigeria.

Plus, Bundesliga and Serie A is stronger than La Liga.