La Liga: the best league in the world

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by ElGuapo, Apr 6, 2012.

1. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmm...how best to explain this?

I took your post to mean that those team's capacities to participate in the title race was nobbled by their CL distractions.

What I'm trying to say above was that those teams knew they weren't winning the title that year, so turned their attentions to Europe, which might partially have caused them to drop a few more points, but they were willing to take that chance as they weren't headed for a strong position anyway.

Make sense? :)

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yup. That's basically what I'm saying too. Wasn't saying that Chelsea is the best in England, but they might've finished 3rd or 4th if not for the other distractions/priorities.

3. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    epl is not that good only reason why they had so called domination for 2-3 years is because like mourinho said european teams were playing english game because english teams forced them to play that way. but now thanks to barca epl teams are forsed by european teams to play continental game and we can see what is happening by any luck there will be no epl teams beyond round of 16 in champions league. european teams have figured out how to counter english style football and english teams passing QF will be rare from now on

4. NuffSaid

NuffSaid BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 14, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rubbish!

5. Saturos

Saturos Member

May 9, 2010
    It is obvious that many people in the world are envious of spanish football right now, envious that the spanish national team has won 3 tournaments in a row and dominates the world and are envious of players like Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. They are envious that Barca is the best team in the world with the best player in the world and they are envious of the technique and qualities of spanish football players.

You can have a reasoned debate in football but it's impossible to have a debate with people who don't care about facts and say things like the spanish league is worse than the dutch league, this is simply a person who hates Spain and spanish football and is jealous that his own country have no success compared to Spain in football.

Especially englishmen can't take it when southern europeans beat them in sports, they see themselves superior to spaniards so of course it hurts them when Spain win 3 tournaments in a row when the beloved England team has not been succesful, this is why all of this propaganda about Spain and spanish football is spread in England today. Even now when Spain has 4 teams in the next stages of the champions league the english spread lies that our league is weak. The truth is Spain and spanish football is the best in world football today and dominates football, ask any unbiased expert who are not blinded by english hatred of spaniards and you will get the same answer. No team in world football can play as beauitful football like Barcelona and the spanish national team can play.

The stats don't lie, spanish teams have the best results in Europe the last years, how can a weak league be so good in Europe as spanish teams are? Look at the UEFA coefficent rankings and you will see how many spanish teams that get great results in Europe every year. The spanish league is very very strong because of the great qualities of their players. This is the golden age of spanish football today.

6. Saturos

Saturos Member

May 9, 2010
    Again you prove how childish you are, my point was that all countries have different style of football. In England and other northern countries the players are strong, psychical and are tough to face, very strong defensive qualities. In countries like Spain, Brazil and other latin countries the players are offensive, smaller and have better technique.

An englishman will never be as good with the ball as a brazilian player but a brazilian will never be as good defensivly as an english player and will never tackle as good as an english player. This is different styles of football, the best thing for englishmen is when they tackle a player and take the ball from him, the best for latin player is to defeat a player by dribbling and technique.

7. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    George Best was from one of those Northern countries.

8. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    What about the defensive qualities of players from Italy (Latin country)?

9. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What about the technique and skill of Dutch players (not a Latin country)?

10. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I would dispute that because while I think the Spanish NT is riding a generation of fantastic players and putting together the greatest run of results in Spanish national history, I don't think La Liga is on par.

The "golden years" of La Liga was the late 90's and early 2000. Valenica and Real Madrid were extremely dominating and impressive teams combined with some very good performances by relative underdogs like Deportivo, Villareal and Sevilla.

Today I don't think Malaga and Valencia are on the same par of quality as the former; certainly Barcelona is the pinnacle of European strength but you could argue that while the rest of Europe is lagging behind in overall dominant play, you can easily throw Real Madrid and any other Spanish clubs in that bracket.

La Liga fans will bring up the Europa League success but that tournament is such an exaggeration of overall league quality when you take it in context with the relative priorities of individual teams in the moment.

11. NuffSaid

Jun 14, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    NOBODY is saying that the Spanish teams arent good, what they are saying is that the Spanish league is no where near the best league. Can you NOT get that into your head!!! The other European leagues are better spectacles because they are more competitive, it is of many peoples opinion that the German league is currently the worlds best.

12. NuffSaid

Jun 14, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is rubbish! Tell me exactly why an Englishman will NEVER be as good with the ball as a Brazilian?? Are Englishmen somehow genetically different?? Also I would like to know why a Brazilian will never be as good defensivly as an English player??

13. Saturos

Saturos Member

May 9, 2010
    You think the spanish league is bad just because only 2 teams are winning it? Have you ever thought that the reason for that is because Barcelona and Real Madrid are too good? Do you really believe that a team like Manchester City would win the spanish league? They would come third place in la liga. This doesn't mean that the other teams in Spain are weak, Malaga owned their CL group over a club like AC Milan and Malaga is nowhere near the top places in the spanish league. This is proof that the spanish league is a strong league but were two teams are too good for the rest of the teams. Every league that Barcelona and Real Madrid played in would become a two team league, Manchester City that won the english league would have no chance in hell to win the spanish league because they are not as good as Barca and Madrid are.

Manchester United is a mediocre team compared to Barcelona still they have 10 points more than the third placed team in England which is Chelsea right now. This is proof that the english league has dominant teams too but not of the same quality as Barcelona.

14. Saturos

Saturos Member

May 9, 2010
    My point is that the spanish national team and spanish club teams are getting very good results today, before only spanish teams got results and won tournaments but now is the best time ever for all of spanish football.

It is not only because of EL success that spanish teams are getting good UEFA results but also in the CL. This year 4 spanish teams qualified for the next round for example which is very good for the ranking and also it is the english fault if they don't care about the EL. They are too arrogant to care about a tournament that is below the standard of the CL but what hope do teams like Liverpool and Tottenham have to play in the CL? The Europa league is the level were those clubs belong not in the CL. Tottenham will never win a CL so they should realise this and be happy to win the EL. Spanish teams like Atletico Madrid realise this and therefor they are happy to win a european tournament they are capable of winning, they are not blinded by arrogance like smaller english teams are.

15. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Italian teams don't take the Europa League seriously.

16. NuffSaid

Jun 14, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    WHY DO YOU KEEP GOING ON ABOUT THE STRENGTH OF TEAMS!!!!! AAAAARGH!!!!! What makes you think Madrid are so special!!????? I think Dortmund and Bayern are better than Madrid!! Anyway the Spanish league is NOT the best because it is un-competitive and because it does not have the excitement and drama of other leagues. It has NOTHING to do with how good you think the teams are. People want entertaining not putting to sleep!!

17. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really, there is no way to know for certain but if I was to bet on it I would say Man city would more likely end up fifth or sixth, behind Athletico Madrid and Malaga fighting it out with teams like Levante and Real Betis. It's only my opinion of course but Man city makes winning a game outside the EPL look as rare as a sunny day in England. Also as far as excitement goes, if you find it more enjoyable to watch a match between Stoke and Swansea instead of a match between Bilbao and Sevilla, then I don't know what to tell you.

18. Saturos

Saturos Member

May 9, 2010
    You are so stupid, the spanish league is not un-competetive, as i said put Barcelona and Real Madrid in the PL and they would will every year. They are simply the best teams in the world. Real Madrid made Man City look like a shit team and outclassed them in the CL, they would do the same if they played in the PL.

How can a mediocre team like Man Utd have 10 points more than the third placed team in England? Manchester United would get destroyed if they faced a top spanish team like they have been in 2 CL finals already but in the PL they can dominate which shows the low quality of the teams they face.

The spanish league is not un-competetive at all, the top two teams in Spain are just simply too good, they would be too good if they played in England too.

19. NuffSaid

Jun 14, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I dont think I am the stupid one! Maybe Barcelona, not Madrid though, dont you think what you are saying is backing up the point Im making!!!!!?????? NOBODY wants to watch a league monopolised by just 2 clubs!! Its boring, nobody wants to watch a league full of divers and cheats, if the Spanish league was so special why are the attendances so low? Dont give me that rubbish about the economy either, the economy isnt exactly booming in the UK, where incidently the prices of the tickets are MUCH more expensive than in Spain yet premiership grounds are still full. Madrid arent even in the top 5 clubs in the world, I would even rate Manchester United above them, the top 3 club teams for me, Dortmund, Bayern Munich and Barcelona. Why dont you try posting some facts proving Madrid as the worlds best instead of constantly banging on about nothing more than your opinion.

20. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    And my point is that 4 Spanish clubs in the knockout rounds this year is to convenient of a statistic when La Liga clubs outside of Barcelona have struggled a great deal in Champions Leauge football for a better part of the last 6-7 years. Four clubs qualifying this year has no correlation with the Spanish NT in terms of "dominance" seeing as how the Spanish NT has won the last 3 consecutive major trophies which would be like La Liga taking over European football for the last 6 years = not the case.

Its not a coincidense that the 2 dominant players on behalf of the the Spanish NT who both have arguably been the central pieces to Spain's success i.e. Iniesta and Xavi are both playing for Barcelona. Barca being the most dominant club team which is not a reflection of La Liga strength like you keep insisting.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Spain still has the highest UEFA coefficient. Yes, I know that doesn't take into account the strength of the bottom-half of the La Liga table, but its all we have. Besides, good luck trying to show that Pescara is better than Osasuna and QPR. Or whatever...

764dak repped this.
  22. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Yeah, we should stop comparing leagues.

23. Saturos

Saturos Member

May 9, 2010
    The spanish teams get the highest UEFA coefficents and are thus the best league. The best league is the league whose teams get the best results on average.

But this argument can rest for a whilte, i will enjoy it when Real Madrid has knocked out Manchester United from the champions league and Barcelona will also get trough and Malaga and Valencia both have fairly good chances to get trough to the quarter finals too.

Arrogant Spain haters are just jealous that their football can't compare to Spain. What does a canadian know about football anyway? You should watch hockey and stick to what you know about and let Spain stick to dominating the footballing world.

The worst player in the spanish league would be the best player in Canada by a mile.

24. Saturos

Saturos Member

May 9, 2010
    Haha you are a funny Spain hater. Everything you write just show how jealous you are of the glorius success that Spain has had the last 10 years in world football. As i said the english league is crap, how can a shit and worthless team like Manchester City win the english league? They couldn't even win a match in the CL. In Spain no team that win the spanish league would be that bad in the CL.

The spanish league has low attendances? It has the third highest attendances of all european leagues after Germany and England with about 30, 000 average attendance, how can this be bad when you think about the fact that Spain is in a economic crisis and has lower population than England and Germany? I think it's a very good attendance record.

Spanish teams are doing best per average of all european league teams, this is why the spanish teams are now number one in the UEFA coefficent list. How can this be so if it's a bad league? If the spanish teams are so bad how can they do so good in Europe? It doesn't even make sense.

You stick to your crap longball shit football which have given your crap russian oligarch club 1 CL trouphy in your entire shit history and i will stick with true greates of world football. You arrogant disgusting glory hunter with your shit russian owned cheating club with only foreign players. Why can't your shit club produce some local english talents like the spanish clubs can produce spanish talents? It's because your shit russian oil-money club has no soul at all. How does it feel supporting Roman Abramovich and his filthy money that he stole from poor russians? Chelsea are a joke and England are a joke allowing such people to own your disgustin football clubs.

Keep buying foreign players and i will keep on loving Spain which produces the best talents in the world and has the best players ever in their league.

25. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Valencia might not make it. PSG might win easily. Porto might beat Malaga as well.