PBP: La Liga J35 | El Clásico | FC Barcelona v Real Madrid | 21 April 2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 18, 2012.

1. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ********ing ******** ********.

2. emoney

emoney Member

May 10, 2008
    Bozeman, Montana
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    congrats - too bad we played so poorly...

Oh BTW - now compare how we react to losing the title at home vs. how LPB have the last 2 years ....

3. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've had so many straight seasons of being deep in the league that it's a strange position not to have to focus on it anymore for once. Hopefully this can turn into a positive against Chelsea.

The entire team looks so, so tired.

4. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    we still have the champions league and the Spanish cup , hopefully we can have our revenge in the final of the cl if things go well in the semi's

5. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    from what i read you guys bought cesc with all your remaining cash. Either buy him or buy 2 15 million players. I'm more surprised that messi isn't injured. He's played so many games at club and international level

6. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No complaints about the result, congratulations to Real Madrid, at no point in the game did we look like we would win it. Lets concentrate on the Chelsea game now.

7. skalomax

skalomax Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This taste of our own medicine doesn't taste too good.

I saw a lot of runs from our players but others didn't follow.
    Our defenders are slow as hell.
    Congrats to them they played well, BUT we ARE STILL THE BETTER TEAM.

8. Libertas

Libertas Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Starting Tello was a horrendous mistake if Guardiola did intend to actually win this game.

Messi has been in poor form recently...he's becoming a lot more selfish and misplacing a lot of his passes.

9. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Credit where it's due. Madrid pulled off what every team tries and most fail. They deserve La Liga to be honest.

Many criticize Villa, but he would have scored today (and at the Bridge). Too much dependence on Messi, Madrid have three players that can score into the late 20's, Barca only had one this season due to injury. Pedro has not been as good when has played.

Anyways, CL still to play for. Anims!

10. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont' think that's true, and there were certainly some cheap role players to be had in the winter window. We didn't get anybody though.

11. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not your day today guys, sorry for the loss. You still have 2 cups to compete for..

12. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well that was a good run to cut the deficit down to 4 points to make this match mean something. Congrats to Madrid, they played well throughout the entire season. Yeah I don't like Mou, but they got it done. I don't think we'll ever accept a loss to them, but I can accept this result more than the Chelsea one (based on how the game played out).

Pep had a reason (namely Champions League) for playing Tello, maybe it will pay off if we can overturn the tie on Tuesday. Not much more to be said.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Like the one he left for Xavi?

But I agree, he's been off in the last couple of games. Has hit a wall at the wrong time.

14. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    IMO guys, if we wont today but still ost La Liga, I wouldn't be too mad as we would have showed R.M that they can' beat us

we HAVE to win copa del rey and champions league :(

15. Libertas

Libertas Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's frustrating when you know what he's capable of. I wonder what's eating him.

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    What a tough game against a very tough opponent. You had to lose sometime but you guys fought until the end. Props. [​IMG]

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, he is getting locked down. It's kind of like watching him for the NT tbh(in the last couple of games). Teams basically are saying, we are going to let somebody else beat us besides Messi.

It's that or that he is going to be a father, lol.

18. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree with you on the first point, but we don't know what would have happened if Villa scored. I know a lot of people are saying oh we miss Eto'o, we miss Villa (and we could definitely use them now), but in the second halves of their last season with Barcelona (the treble winning year for Eto'o, and last season for Villa) they were struggling MIGHTILY to score goals for us in all competitions.

They both scored in their respective Champions League Finals, but prior to that they were wasting so many chances. Both are of the highest ilk, but they went through rough patches. As fans we may forget those dry spells, but they did happen. Of course Messi can't shoulder the scoring on his own he's been doing it all year.

Chelsea is not nearly as good as Madrid and they're a rung or two below Milan too. Fatigue may very well play into their hands judging by all the misplaced passes today.

Pique, Fabregas and Sanchez to start on Tuesday.

19. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Well tough loss but Guardiola has a big part in it...first of all by starting Tello & Tiago who proved theyre not players who can play Big games...instead should have started with Fabregas and Alexis who both came on too late in the game and why did he take Xavi out huge mistake as well probably alining Mascherano over Pique :(

20. Libertas

Libertas Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm proud of the way that the Barca players didn't lose their heads.

They fought till the end in a professional and honorable manner. I'd like to see how much time Madrid wasted though.

21. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006

I cannot believe pep would start Tello (whoever that is) and then stubbornly stick with him for 80 minutes!! he was an absolute joke
    Dani Alves was harmless
    Xavi's had a terrible game and missed a sitter (did not even ask for a corner)
    Iniesta as usual doing too much turning around himself and he is becoming as predictable and stale as barcelona as a whole
    overall without Messi Barcelona would be battling for a 4th-3rd spot in la liga and the uefa cup...
    Madrid has a much stronger roster

22. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    "Son La Hostia. E03, no saben ganar". GTFO. Classless bastards. (To some trolls that I don't want to quote)

23. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    This loss hasn't affected me as much really considering La liga was already lost and that we are still the better team by far on the pitch, just failed to capitalize on the chances but oh well.
    I think Messi was completely anonimous compared to the other Clasicos, but can't blame him the physical effort is taking a toll on him.
    Good game overall , nice to see there was no fights or anything. Credits to Madrid where its due.

24. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, that doesn't make much sense.

Is Piquè injured/recovering?? Or he just got benched??

25. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep it civil.