PBP: La Liga J35 | El Clásico | FC Barcelona v Real Madrid | 21 April 2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    MOD NOTE

Trolling will be dealt with severely in this thread, especially during the match. You are encouraged to offer your opinions pre- and post- match in a respectful manner, but we ask that during the match you refrain from posting anything that can be construed as a wind-up. Thanks.

Also, if you find that your post(s) were moved to the Rivalries thread, stay there. Coming back into this thread and trolling again will result in infractions.

[​IMG]

Saturday the 21st of April 2012

Time

| Barcelona (CEST), 20:00 | LOS ANGELES (PDT), 11:00 | MONTREAL (EDT), 14:00 | LONDON (GMT), 18:00 |

[URL="http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html"]Convert to your local time[/URL]

Camp Nou
    Barcelona

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GlraCrwh88"]CAMP NOU ATMOSPHERE BARCELONA 5 vs MADRID 0 MOSAICO 29 Nov 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

Capacity: 99,354

Stadium Info | Google Street

Head-2-head

[​IMG]

This Season

Wed 25/01/12 CDR Barcelona 2 - 2 Real Madrid

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hh-pjooSlc&hd=1"]FC Barcelona - Real Madrid (2-2) All Goals & Full Match Highlights (25.01.2012) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Wed 18/01/12 CDR Real Madrid 1 - 2 Barcelona

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga58b4AM7uA"]Real Madrid vs Barcelona 1-2 All Goals in Copa Del Rey 18-01-2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Sat 10/12/11 PRD Real Madrid 1 - 3 Barcelona

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgGTyZ45ZEQ&hd=1"]Real Madrid C.F. - FC Barcelona (1-3) All Goals & Full Match Highlights (10.12.2011) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Wed 17/08/11 SUC Barcelona 3 - 2 Real Madrid

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKI5WFTLsiI"]HD Barcelona 3 2 Real Madrid SuperCopa Espaa 170811.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Sun 14/08/11 SUC Real Madrid 2 - 2 Barcelona

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0lsP1R79fY&hd=1"]Real Madrid vs Barcelona 2-2 Super Copa Highlights y goles IDA - YouTube[/ame]

Previous Meetings

Tue 03/05/11 UCL Barcelona 1 - 1 Real Madrid
    Wed 27/04/11 UCL Real Madrid 0 - 2 Barcelona
    Wed 20/04/11 CDR Barcelona 0 - 1 E Real Madrid
    Sat 16/04/11 PRD Real Madrid 1 - 1 Barcelona
    Mon 29/11/10 PRD Barcelona 5 - 0 Real Madrid
    Sat 10/04/10 PRD Real Madrid 0 - 2 Barcelona
    Sun 29/11/09 PRD Barcelona 1 - 0 Real Madrid
    Sat 02/05/09 PRD Real Madrid 2 - 6 Barcelona
    Sat 13/12/08 PRD Barcelona 2 - 0 Real Madrid

Match Officials

Árbitro
    ALBERTO UNDIANO MALLENCO

[​IMG]

Cuarto árbitro
    JULIO FERMÍN LEO OLLO

Árbitro asistente 1
    JESÚS CALVO GUADAMURO

Árbitro asistente 2
    FERMÍN MARTÍNEZ IBÁÑEZ

[COLOR=#ff0000]
    Right Click on the image and click on View Image to view the full-size images.[/COLOR][U][COLOR=#ff0000]

[/COLOR][/U][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=Blue]Post-match stats to follow[/COLOR][/COLOR]

2. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Teams' Rankings

# Team MP P

1 Real Madrid 33 +78 85
    2 Barcelona 33 +72 81
    3 Valencia 33 +8 52
    4 Málaga 33 +3 51
    5 Levante 33 +1 48
    6 Osasuna 33 -16 46

Overall La Liga Stats
    (Home & Away v Home & Away)

General Stats

[​IMG]

Goals Types

[​IMG]

Player Stats

[​IMG]

G = Goals | A = Assists | PG = Penalty Goals | FG = First Goal

Visca el Barça

3. skalomax

skalomax Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Should be fantastic!

Guessing 4-1

4. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The scenario is all inside-out from the past few clasicos, even going back to Pellegrini.

This time I don't see LPB over-confident like they usually are, like they've finally solved the enigma that is beating Barça. And technically, they don't need to win here. In the past few years, they've had a full head of steam, which made crushing them all the more fun.

This time, both teams are coming off CL losses that will be in the back of their minds. LPB's form has been erratic of late, and the golden days of steamrolling opponents are gone.

And this time it's us who need the 3 points desperately if there is going to be a Liga challenge. Should be interesting how coaches and players on both sides respond to these circumstances.

5. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I like the situation we both are in going to this match. Whenever LPB don't need to win, they play ultra cautiously against us and employ the tactics their player really aren't good at. I would have been more worried if they were level on points with us. I guess they won't pressure us high up the pitch as they did in the last clasico but they will look to hit us on counter, sitting and defending on their own half.

I will go 3-4-3 for this game.
    VV
    Mascherano-Piqué-Puyol
    Alves-Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta
    Cuenca-Messi-Sanchez

Or
    VV
    Mascherano-Piqué-Puyol
    Alves-Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta
    ---------Messi--------Cuenca/Adriano
    ---------Sanchez

6. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actually glad this match is happening in a few days. Gives the players and fans no time to dwell on the CL loss. I just hope the guys are ready from the word "go" because these next 2 matches are the season period. We need to start fast, finish chances, and beat them and move on to Chelsea.

7. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stating the obvious but we need to take our chances, and Sanchez/Fabregas/Pedro needs to start bloody scoring.

8. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes someone else needs to start scoring, Fabregas has been influential two out of three times we played them this year.

I still can't fathom the schedule maker placing this match in the middle of the Champions League semis knowing that both teams had the possibility of being there.

Very interesting to see the lineup. I don't think Xavi plays the full 90.

9. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You can't blame the match schedulers, it's a complex enough task arranging fixtures as it is, they can't take every scenario into account. Chelsea themselves have a very tough game against Arsenal over the weekend and they do need to win that if they are to have any chance of finishing in the top 4. So it's not a conspiracy, just a coincidence. Lets not go down the Moanio route.

10. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Is Pique fit to play?

11. hoss23

hoss23 Member

Mar 3, 2003
    He was on the bench at Chelsea, so hopefully...however, I somewhat hope Pep saves him for next week. Clearly, Barca's defense in London didn't cut it.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    :confused: The back 4 was very good against Chelsea. They held a very good line all night. I lost count how many times Drogba was offside.

But I would like to see Pique there just to provide more height in set-pieces and throw-ins.

13. hoss23

hoss23 Member

Mar 3, 2003
    My point was more related to the confusion created by the long throw-ins into the box, and that hopefully Pique would be a good option vs that pig Drogba. However, since Drogba spends most of his time on the ground height may not be much of an issue.

1 person likes this.
  14. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I hope we smash them! Mourinho will most likely use chicken-shit tactics. We will have chances for sure, we just need to score them. I hope Messi's groin is alright.

3-0 Barca

15. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Pique doesnt have the speed to stick with either Drogba/Torres, although I see his inclusion in the Chelsea match as a must if Barca are to win. Adriano's play can be dreadful at times, moving Puyol to cover on the left is the best solution, since Mata is due for another quiet match.

BTW. Mourinho is playing for a draw here. I wouldn't be all to surprised to see him rest some players ahead of the Bayern tie midweek. The midfield will definately be defensive, leaving Benz/Higuain and CR7 in isolation.

16. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hey Lucho, how have you been? Great to see you around again. :D
    You're name was brought up recently. Some of us veterans were reminiscing about the whole "irregardless" thing and wondered how it all started. :p
    Anyway, I agree that Mou will likely play for a draw and concentrate on Bayern. He can afford to drop points in La Liga, but then again he stated before the APOEL game that "the best team wins the league, not the Champions", so it could get interesting if things play out right.

17. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The word irregardless haunts me to this day!

1 person likes this.
  18. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barca's defense was pretty damned good. There was one sloppy long throw in, one sloppy corner (I believe), and Drogba's goal. Can you name any goal scoring opportunity other than the actual goal? The only other shot I can even remember was Mata slicing a volley.

19. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya Lucho, funny you come back now. Someone said irregardless and I asked if that inside-joke was still around (I haven't posted much in the last few years). Then someone brought up an old "irregardless" thread. Ends up the joke is bout 6 years strong!

20. BarcaFan

BarcaFan Member

Nov 14, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

[​IMG]

Let's destroy those cowards!

21. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Who else wants Marcelo to play for them, while they rest their starters? I half want him to play because he's a liability for them and I half don't want him to play because he might injure someone.

22. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Marcelo a liability, all of Madrid's huge blunders this season have been caused by Coentrao. Hell, play them both on the flanks.

23. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Even though playing attacking minded worked for Mourinho in the 2nd leg of CdR. He's a coward, and will always be, I expect him to park the bus so i'll go with a 3-4-3 or even a 3-3-4. I really would like a fully fit Villa.. oh well :(

24. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I really don't think that Mourinho will be looking to rest some players in this game. He might use the players to stop us and thus choose more defensive players, but his purpose for doing so will be to play for a draw and not resting his stars.

I can't think of the impact of this game's result on our CL 2nd leg. I feel like we will be very confident if we win this game and steamroll Chelsea the next game but at the same time I think we will be very motivated to go through if we fail in our two consecutive games result wise. It just looks like a win win situation for me regarding the impact of this game's result on Tuesday's match.:D