La Liga games on U.S. TV

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by USCule, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sorry if this is inappropriate, but this issue was raised on the Spain National Team board and I thought I'd ask the Barca fans if they have any further information.

Does anyone know if GolTV will renew their contract and continue to carry La Liga games or has La Liga programming gone to another network/chanel?

Thanks.

2. CJTakoZ

CJTakoZ New Member

Jul 16, 2006
    GOL TV will have the same coverage as last season.

3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  4. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I really hope GolTV keeps it...I don't even know if ESPN Deportes is offered on DirecTV. I knew it was more complicated than previously stated. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

5. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I wouldn't put too much credence in what joebloe says. he's often wrong, and kelly o'donnel, a goltv on air personality and producer is the one that said their coverage is not changing. I would be much more apt to trust him than a guy that THINKS he knows everything about tv rights when he doesn't.

6. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

Not that I don't believe you, but is there a link anywhere or did you speak to him personally?

7. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
  8. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I've been following that thread too. It looks like Gol TV will also be having Bundesliga coverage, which caught Oliver (joebloe) by surprise.
    I feel Oliver does his best to help out all of us who are all too eager to want to know here and now what's playing on what channel. :)

9. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Huh?

When are the barcelona games going to be on TV and what channel?
    Also where can I get a scheduale that says when all of the European teams are going to play the American teams and what channel it is going to be on.

Please?
    Thank you

10. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  11. Aguero

Aguero New Member

Aug 1, 2006
  12. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Did you need to post this in every single thread?

13. Aguero

Aguero New Member

Aug 1, 2006

I posted it in a lot of threads because I wanted to let people know that the game will be on tv. Because I didn't know until I went to goltv website.

14. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Maybe he should post it in all the threads of the RM forum in case they wanted to watch it.

15. Aguero

Aguero New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Am sorry I got to excited over this game I forgot that is was only friendly. Are best players are probly not going to play.I just can't wait till La liga begins, this years Barcelona team is one of the best of all time.

16. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    goltv put in their bid. it is the only channel that will show any la liga games.

closed.