Löw announces preliminary Euro squad

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by HSV-Jung, May 7, 2012.

1. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They will have to live in a monastery then during their entire careers.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am too, especially as he prefers Per Ballscratcher over Hummels!!!

3. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Due to, um, Hummels' long range passes.. or something. Hummels probably broke one of Jogi's rules, such as "don't wear black socks while dining with your parents in public".

4. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    In fact chile just sent two player home for doing the same thing last night before a match Friday. It's not like this is a new thing. Going out and partying until the wee hours breaks down your mental concentration and your physical balance. Not sure why this is news to some. It's not like Boateng is on his own time here, he's representing his country and having his expenses paid for. Of course he owes it to the coach to obey the rules.

5. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Meh...it is NOT speculatIon that he broke curfew. It's a pretty well reported fact. What Löw decides to do is up to him but few would shed a tear if Boateng gets dropped for the first game. If he were sent home THAT would be too severe IMHO.

bayern15 repped this.
  6. bayern15

bayern15 Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Sir, please go post some picture in the Euro girls thread. I like your some of your posts more in that thread.
    No offense, but you have a tendency to over discuss some things. How many pages do we need to discuss Boateng banging a hooker... It wasnt event an underage hooker for gods sake...... They guy has been at Bayern for 1 year now and never had a problem. Same thing at Man City. Give him a break.

German NT players in general are very mature... and behave way more matured than some of their European colleagues, which considering that they are the youngest team in the tournament is impressive.

7. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    She isn't really a hooker :D

bayern15 repped this.
  8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Hahahah....really? Have you seen Faust go on the last few pages after my last post. Puleeze.

I think you miss the point of a discussion board.

bayern15 repped this.
  9. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The speculation bit was refering to this part of your post, which I agreed with:

We can speculate all we want about what's going on behind the scenes, but, as I initially stated, I consider the guy's offense to be far too harmless to actually have it cause any sort of impact that is visible to the public and thereby goes beyond that sort of speculation , e.g. a formation change for unnecessary disciplinary reasons.

If Löw had a formation in mind that includes Boateng, he needs to field that, regardless of any laughable incidents outside of the training camp. If Löw had a formation in mind that includes Boateng and then fields another one because of the incident, then Jogi's behaviour causes more trouble than Boateng's. It's Jogi's decision, but I would label it a silly one.

That said, I think it's actually unlikely that Boateng will be dropped for this. His "punishment" was Jogi addressing the issue in front of the team and at the press conference. The rest seems more like the usual media fuzz and sensationalism. I doubt Jogi would be unreasonable enough to let this minor incident spoil his plans.

10. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Jogi asked Jerome to practice getting his balls deep so he did, I don't see the problem?

LoewenBoy and bayern15 repped this.
  11. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well it's not surprising, we have a generation of sweet little angels on our hands. :D

LoewenBoy repped this.
  12. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea NT's during tournaments are on a strict schedule usually but its up to the manager to enforce it or just how strict it is. I think Löw just leaves it up to the players and knows they'll do the right thing. 99% do and Boateng didn't, hence his reaction. Don't think its the end of the world nor will it affect Löw's tactics in any way. Never thought he would deviate from his original line up to be honest.

Dage repped this.
  13. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's all calm down a bit. Löw didn't banish him into exil. But it's in Löw's responsibility to make sure all players are focussed and fit. It's all his right to say 1-2 sentences about the issue if he's asked for by reporters. It's not about sexual morality or anything like that.

If L. Bender will start tomorrow I'm sure it's all about sportive reasons.

bayern15 repped this.
  14. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Hell, I don't think anyone here is uptight he got laid. Just when he got laid. :)

15. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did he scream GOOOOAAALLLL at the end? ;)

16. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    No, he's a defender. He gave up a penalty, got sent off and the other ten guys had to finish for him. ;D

17. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Boa simply was haunted by hitting wood the other day against Israel. So he wanted to at least score on the weekend. :p

Rather baffled how Faustie fails to comprehend why partying into the wee hours (or whatnot) immediately before setting off to Poland and training on that day isn't okay. Boa deserved the dressing-down Löw gave him. But that should be punishment enough and not affect Saturday's line-up (as long as Boa acknowledges his mistake, that is).

Sure, there are far worse transgressions, but it is one.

And it's rather short-sighted by Boa. For if he makes a mistake vs. Ronaldo on Saturday, then he's in for a media shitstorm he could have easily avoided.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  18. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I've seen Cristiano being absolutely useless for Portugal against much worse teams than this Germany side. I dont think Boateng will have many problems. I can see Cristiano being isolated and frustrated like he usually is against Barcelona. Before he was good at dribbling, now against good opposition he can't even get past the first man. The thing he's good at now is the great movement in the box and the free kicks obviously.

19. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mods, can we create another thread for "other teams -news and results " in the NT forum?

20. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You don't need a mod to create it, so I opened one.

21. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There are other professions that fall under this kind of authority....and we don't get paid near as much

Cris 09 repped this.
  22. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is, of course, easily possible to comprehend the situation as well as Jogi's reasoning , but to still come to a different conclusion.

The bold part is exactly what I suggested as far as the consequences are concerned. Taking this any further would blow the matter out of proportion in the most unnecessary ways and would have the incident have an actual impact - its first and only one.

I'm also sure Boateng will acknowledge his "mistake", seeing as he's been bred and indoctrinated by the DFB for almost his entire life. He'll likely cry himself to sleep for being a bad son/soldier/sectarian.