Korean Youth Players Abroad

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Sergei Mantis, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    the youth team may have a Korean Messi in their ranks. Spotted at age 13 by scouts at the u-13 WC in South Africa, Lee is already making a name for himself at La Masia.
    This week, 14 year old Seung Woo Lee scored a ‘Lionel Messi-like’ 4 goals in Barcelona’s 7-0 win against Tortosa. Remember the name in years to come.

2. Henke

Henke Member

Feb 25, 2008
    La Côte
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Yeah, Gerard Deulofeu is the most hyped youth player atm...He's on the verge of first team promotion but has also suffered from Lee's arrogance/cockiness I alluded too...In fact, Deulofeu has been repeatedly called out for it by coaching staff both internally & publicly through the media...It's a quality the club abhors and routinely tries to curtail

Is Lee impossible to rein in?...Unlikely, but it can impact his development as it did for Deulofeu who has improved in that regard...Showing up opponents is action that will get you benched...Talent is vital but attitude equally so

But make no mistake, there is massive potential for the player

msc43, dudedudedude and nmssis repped this.
  3. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    thats funny.

4. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010

best youth goals of the season

jinseokyang repped this.
  5. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Lee at 12:31, 15:53

dudedudedude repped this.
  6. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    fixed that for you

edkwolverines and Ohhii repped this.
  7. DeCuzinho

DeCuzinho Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    hi from spain guys! i see you are fans of korean players from la masia. sure we can talk about that players together, maybe i could talk your about your doubts or questions. maybe 5 years in future all people know theirs.

oh! one thing! i am too surprised with the pic where jang and lee have chelsea and madrid clothes! xd somebody can explain what says the text? cause it is in korean.
    i say this one:
    http://www.kfa.or.kr/news/news_view.asp?tb_name=column_gisa&g_idx=719

maybe it explains why they have this clothes...

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  8. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Welcome to BSK!! :D [hehe maybe you'll become our Spanish CJay - that's a good thing btw]
    It's nothing more than an article announcing Lee and Jang's move to Barca.
    Yeah the chelsea and madrid clothes confused us too .. ironic isn't it?

HiTaegukWarrior repped this.
  9. DeCuzinho

DeCuzinho Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    thanx for welcome. mm... so... article doesn't explain nothing? so it's rare! very ironic yes, announcing they go to barça and having madrid clothes

10. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know it's still way too early but judging from what you've seen from Lee Seung Woo (he seems to have the most hype), who do you think he compares to that came out of La Masia?

11. DeCuzinho

DeCuzinho Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    yes, he has the most hype at the moment, not only between koreans, i think is one of the 5 most hype in la masia (except barça b players).

it is a hard question. each player is different but well... i think he plays similar to messi, but i don't want you understand it like ''he is the new messi''. he plays like a false 9: he goes down to the midfield to receiving the ball, he combines very well with the other players (specially with captain carles aleña), he has good dribbling, he has goal... just like messi in the first team.

but it is not definitive. when messi was 14 he wasn't the same player than now. a lot of things must to change, for example his physical complexion. as you say it's too soon.

12. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thank you for that honest description. To be honest I think many of are hoping for the best but know it might not be reasonable to expect to have another Messi on our hands. Even if he doesn't reach those lofty heights I think he will still be a very special player for Barca and for the KNT. :)

13. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    Anyone know what that GK Kim Ro-man is up to? I guess he's not a youth player abroad but he's part Russian...

14. DeCuzinho

DeCuzinho Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    no problem, i talk you about you want. i understand you say, it's normal to be excited with this kinda players, but I've been following youth football for a long time, and I know we must to keep calm, cause they are only children. oh, and sorry for my bad english! :)
    by the way, a curiosity about lee: today is his birthday 06-01-98. 15 years now!

msc43, jolim24601 and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  15. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hes on Pohangs middle school team right now. U14 or U15 team

16. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A video about one of Paik's teammates, but there are quite a few Paik Seung Ho touches in here

HiTaegukWarrior and DeCuzinho repped this.
  17. Seoul Man

Seoul Man Member

Sep 17, 2001
    World Wide Web
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seung-woo Lee looks like he deserves the hype! I agree with your statement on youth football. Kids grow and mature at different rates. I was recently at an international tournament in Bangkok where my son's U12 team played in an U14 pool. Our kids are pretty good, but when we played the #1 Thailand U14 team, it was like boys vs. men out there, we didn't have a chance. They were physically quite bigger and faster. However our team held its own against other U14 teams and overall did okay.

Let's see how well SWL develops the next few years, but he is definitely worth the attention.

jinseokyang repped this.
  18. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol here's something you don't see every day:
    [​IMG]

19. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol it looks like whoever runs FCF screwed up really badly. Cadete B won 8-1. Lee with 4 goals, Jang with 1

20. DeCuzinho

DeCuzinho Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    oh man, you are fast! haha
    i come here to writte that information but you are faster. with you being here we can be calm!
    spectacular lee, 11 goals in the last 3 matches.

and paik's cadet a won 0-4 yesterday.

jinseokyang, skimmilk and wetcrispy repped this.
  21. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    but paik didn't start :(
    idk if he was subbed on or not

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Does his family really write 백 as "Paik" like the Norks do rather than "Baek"? Or is this something silly that the Spanish press has done when they used an antiquated conversion chart from Korean to English?

23. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know someone who uses the family name Paik. Didn't know it was a North Korean convention though. In BSH's case though I doubt he was using an English name before moving to Spain so someone there must have romanized it for him like that.

24. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, I got the same question too. Also is "Pak" the same thing like "Baek" or is it "Park"?

25. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Pak/Park is 박 like 박세리...