Kit Discussion (13/14)

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Red 11, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They are always horrible until the players are wearing them. And you seriously had a problem with our home and away from last season? Those were sexy and this season's are also quite nice.

Nike has made some great kits for us over the last decade.

02-04 Home
    02-03 Third
    03-05 Away
    Everything released between 06 and 09 except the 08/09 Away.

2. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have this year's white, it's pretty damn nice.

Diable Rouge, johno and Amdrag repped this.
  3. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would really dig this kit if it weren't for the collar buttons...I'm sure it will look a lot nicer once the players are wearing them.

Amdrag repped this.
  4. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Man, all I want to know is if they're really bringing back the Goldust kit.

5. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Our kits of late are bearable because they're United kits, they're not good on their own. This season's has become bearable because of what players like RvP have been doing in it with no connection to paste united kits.

It's not like when you see a kit for a team you have no association with and think "man that looks good".

In my eyes the last quality home kit we had was the 2006/07 Kit. Everything has been dull (last seasons) or lacking in aesthetic appeal (this year).

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Madness. The white with gold trim was one of our best kits ever. The blue and red away kit was not very united at all but it was a darn good kit. I like the way this year's kit looks. I felt that way before a ball was kicked.

7. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Damn straight it was, hence why I mentioned 2006/07, both the home and away kits that season were class. Away kits I don't have as much of a problem being odd with anyway.

If you mean this that is

[​IMG]

johno repped this.
  8. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I like these from Nike (in clockwise order of preference, staring with top left):

[​IMG]

It's all subjective, don't personally understand any love for that white and gold one.

Playboy Red Devil and johno repped this.
  9. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Really do like that last black one, Black away kits with white accents always look good. This is the moment it brings to mind too :)

[​IMG]

10. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I think I am the only one here who has no preferences on the kits. As long as it is not extremely tacky, it is all fine.

johno repped this.
  11. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think my biggest problem with kits (and I know it's not going to change so I don't really worry about it) is the whole changing every season thing. When it was 2-3 years it made it feel like distinct periods and associating certain players with the periods of the kit. Now they change so fast they're forgettable.

I think the worst thing though is when National teams release new kits in the odd years where there's not even a national tournament to use them, pure gouging of the fans.

Futbol_Head repped this.
  12. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    While I've gotten a few as presents down the years from the kids and my brother, I personally haven't bought one for myself in probably about 10 years. Still have it, Keane 16 from 02/03, wore it last night actually playing indoor footie. Apart from wearing them playing footie or if I go to a pub to watch a game, I personally don't wear them in public. To me, it looks daft to see a grown man wearing this stuff in public:
    [​IMG]
    or this:
    [​IMG]

Amdrag and Numquam Moribimur repped this.
  13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The key is to wear it with jeans. No problem with anyone supporting their team. I do however laugh at people who wear current kits to play football in.

Diable Rouge repped this.
  14. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm the same when it comes to buying them although I haven't received any as gifts. Last one I bought was this:
    [​IMG]

Still, I'd like them to be pleasing on the eye as I'm going to be watching United playing enough in them.

I do own a couple of retro style shirts, a DDR 1974 one and a CCCP black Yashin style 'keeper top. Those old reproductions are what I'd stick to these days. The only exception I'd likely make is if I stumbled upon an original blue 86-88 or 88-90 United 3rd shirt, (first two blue kits on here). I like the look of those. Unfortunately I believe they're rare and therefore expensive. £200+ and I ain't paying that!

15. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Aye. Full kit wankers are a strict no-go.

16. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  17. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Love that account. Also, the Ronaldo jersey above - the black one with red piping from our CL winning season is easily my favorite kit in the last decade. Unbelievable...I've been looking for a long sleeve one with Ronaldo printing for years.

18. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    :'(

19. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well now that black vodafone, I felt, was mean and frightening in the views of our opponents - kinda like the Raiders' silver and black jersey. I would shit my pants if I saw Keane, Scholes and Giggs sporting that on the pitch. I always loved that one but was too poor at the time to buy one.

20. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    not sure how it works in football but in pick up basketball, you always stay away from the ones dressed head to toe in nba gear. they're usually terrible and you always tell them that you already got your 5 - whether it's true or not.

sdotsom repped this.
  21. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pretty much the same. I know of one exception who wore a Messi kit religiously, but although he was a great dribbler he rarely passed and I would always try to be on the opposite team.

22. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  23. Pulp

Pulp Member+

Feb 13, 2013
    TO / CA
    You can't go wrong with the 06-07 kits and the 07-09 kits (all home and aways). Also, the royal blues that we wore in the 08-09 season were absolutely beautiful. I'll never forget Ronnie's destruction of Arsenal at the Emirates in that kit. The 3rd goal we scored was beyond incredible.

24. footy boots

footy boots Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Futbol_Head and pgr17 repped this.
  25. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I am SO buying the away with the patches on it!!!!