Kim Kyung-Joong @ FC Girondins de Bordeaux 2011-12 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Jitevra, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes. Agree.

2. Chiwoo

Chiwoo Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The only reason why our players are moving to J-league in the first place is because of the money.

3. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I can't believe we spent 8 pages already discussing a poor footballer with a limited ceiling...

He's likely to get exposed very soon... And in the process his performances will discourage Bordeaux from scouting an actually talented youth player from us in the future...

4. KiChungWon

KiChungWon Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Your Heart <3
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How much more do they offer in the first place..?

5. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    5x to 10x as much, if not more for rookies...

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    While my very limited viewing doesn't have me rate him that badly, we are talking about a guy who is signing for the reserves potentially under the "encouragement" of their sponsor (Kia)

That said he does fail, perhaps all the caveats and the fact that he was free will help to minimize any impact on their view of Koreans.

7. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Tell me about it.

Only in BigSoccer.

8. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's on loan from Estonia?!

EDit: too sick to read french properly.

10. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What is this?

12. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What the...Kim Kyung Joong is on loan to Bordeaux from some Estonian club??? when the hell did he move there????

I cant seem to find the club. It just Doesnt exist ;;;

13. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    must be a typo surely?

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    foot365

I'm also confused... I'm having a hard time deciphering whats going on but without an option to buy? I read in the forum in contradiction that they have a choice to buy him into pros or not.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    No option, they brought him for the reserve but he made an impression during an intra-squad game so he might make some apparitions with the pros.
    Why did he sign with an Estonian club ??? Doubt it is a typo, why would they make that up ?

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thats what I thought... but it didn't make any sense. I dunno why you'd loan a kid out for 6 months with no option to buy or anything. If he were knocking in goals even at the CFA level, it would be a huge race to sign him this summer.

The only explanation is that this has to be a KIA pushed move.

17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

ok, so he was with an Estonian club and now "on loan" with Bordeaux? Still trying to figure out if that was an off the pitch corp. obligation or is this kid legit contender. :confused:

18. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's from the Bordeaux webpage (their squad list)

Estonia is way too random / arbitrary to be true, i think.

19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Aha so nr 33 then?

20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  21. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    [​IMG]
    I don't know about World Class but there has been track record of Korean players getting derailed and losing form in Japan.

The progenitor of this was Jo Jaejin. He was not much in K-League, goes to Japan and became one of league's top scorers. Picked up by KNT and was disappointing over and over and over again outside of Asia against WC level opposition.

Lee Keunho was on fire and then goes to Japan and goes into slump and has never been the same. More or less useless for KNT whereas before he went to Japan he basically carried Korea during qualifiers for WC06.

KBK was standout during friendlies leading up to WC10. He was by far best player on pitch against domestic players only matchups between Korea and Japan. It was blaringly obvious. Had only high hopes for him but he gets picked up by J team and then is wasted in J2. He's a good player and he's fine now but do I want a player who was heads above all domestic players from both KNT and JNT humping it in J2. HELL NO. All things being equal that was wasteful even in retrospect.

There have been others but these three are what account for my disdain of Korean players going to J-legaue. IMO, Japan treats Koreans as Mercs and I don't trust nor like having promising talent cut their teeth that way.

Conversely youth with potential staying in Korea has better record, Lee Chungyong, Ki SungYueng, Ji Dongwon, Koo Jacheol, Park Chuyoung. They made their mark in Asia and are getting their chance in Europe.

Whether the current crop will break new trend is to be seen but above is reason for my own bias against Korean players going to Japan. And K-League incompetence certainly is a large contributing factor. Older players looking to make money, I'm fine with. I'm just wary about promising young players going to Japan.

22. harrrram

harrrram New Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    http://www.besteleven.com/National/news_world_01_view.asp?iBoard=57&iIDX=42201
    프로 선수가 아니라 고려대 재학 중이던 김경중이 임대 형식의 계약을 맺을 수 있는 것은 또다른 구단에 입단한 뒤 임대되는 형식을 취했기 때문이라네요.
    즉 임대를 하자니 프로가 아니어서 에스토니아 팀에 영입한후 임대온걸로 처리한거네요.
    에스토니아팀과의 계약기간도 같은 6월까지일것입니다.

KKJ was only an amateur player at Korea University so it's not possible to loan him as he is not a pro. You can only be loaned if you are a professional player at a professional club so to loan him, i think Boardeaux made the Estonian team (likely a satellite club) sign KKJ and hence loaned him for 6 months. It is thought that the contract with the estonian club is likely to be also for 6 months

23. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    =||= off-topic mode: on =||=
    Goes on slump? Have you watched him playing for Gamba or do you even know his stats? For me he was MVP of the last J League season, scoring lots of goals and getting almost equal number of assists. Blame Korean NT coaches for not knowing how to use him (placing him on the wing rather than pure 9) for the fact that he wasn't producing great numbers for NT. But I doubt anyone in Korea would like to see him instead of PJY on top of the formation. Nishino knew how to make best use of him and he was a true star in Gamba. So that's completely missed example.
    He was under the wings of the best youth players developer in J League, Levir Culpi. The names of Kagawa, Ienaga, Inui, Kiyotake says anything to you? All of them shined under Culpi after having worked with that coach. Kagawa also played in J2 and that wasn't an obstacle in impressing so much that he was chosen Bundesliga MVP for a half of his first season so this argument is completely missed I think... Relax, a player like him will go to European club sooner (in the summer) or later (in the winter). That will be the appropriate place for him to shine (for you probably). And I wouldn't call 22 years old player a waste also.
    All of them had long and succesfull career in K League ;) Especially Ji Dong Won... Not to mention that they all became a part of NT before moving to Europe which was the main factor why they all were transferred to European clubs (not the fact that they played for Korean clubs ;)) And how can you tell that for example Kim Bo Kyung won't make bigger impact in Europe than for example Ki after he will finally play outside of Japan? Tell me my fortune-teller.
    I think that all your arguments and examples failed now.

The only real factor is MONEY and playing time. But that's bad? Blame millions of people around the world that they're changing their workplace for getting higher salary instead of getting paid less...
    =||= off-topic mode: off =||=

24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I doubt it is a satellite club, nobody in Bordeaux ever heard about FC Olimpi. I think they would have mentioned it as such on the official website but it doesn't appear so.
    Gonna investigate a bit.

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There's a georgian club going by that moniker. Still makes zero sense.