Kim Kyung-Joong @ FC Girondins de Bordeaux 2011-12 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Jitevra, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well I'm glad a youth player didn't go to the fucking j-league for once. However, pissed off that bsd went to Japan -_- wouldnt be surprised if it impedes his development just like kim min woo and Kim bo kyung

2. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    THIS. Hopefully more players follow Kim Kyung-Joong's footsteps and go to Europe.

3. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    or stay in Korea

4. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And not Japan.

5. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    it only hinders going to japan if they fester. but many players thrive in japan and are able to move on from there. KBK, CYC, LKH, PJS, PJH, etc. all have done well there. also japanese teams dont do contracts like us so its easier to transfer out. its still a viable option to the k-league draft and being stuck on gangwon or daegu.

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KBK was utter shit for more than a year while he was loaned out to J2. PJH was terrible in Japan and hated by many until he started performing decently in Basel. Remember that he was the captain of the youth set up and was considered to be a terrific prospect until he started rotting in Europe. LKH was considered by many as being better than PJY until h went to Japan and had a goal drought for more than a year. CYC was good for a year and is now having a slump.

8. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

goodness gracious! yer scarring me, bro!

9. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    haha sorry just saying. Youth development for Koreans is much better in Korea obviously. I guess this is debatable but the quality of the league is better in Korea as well.

10. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HAHA this is so true.

Oh yeah KBK was in a J2 club. I almost forgot that. Now I remember why I always thought he was shit. He's okay now though.

K-league draft system is just plain retarded. Just because the americans do it doesn't mean that we have to.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    If CYC went on slump it's because he's one dimensional. Same for PJH who's a good attacker but a below average defender.
    KBK and LKH are doing well and if the coach is good, their success will benefit the national team.

12. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Wow so much crap posted in this thread. You want Hodori to stop being so inconsiderate at you guys? Stop talking out of your ass first.

1. Kim Bokyung was never shit, ever. He took his one year at J2 as a learning experience. His performance at Oita gave Cerezo an assurance that he's a good prospect and had them playing him as a key player when he returned. His short stint at J2 worked out for him. Don't hate.

2. Neither Park Jooho nor Kim Bokyung were considered a top prospect. Park Jooho in particular went to Japan completely unnoticed after being ignored for a good year or so after the U20 tournament. Kim Bokyung was out shadowed by guys like Gu Jachul, Kim Minwoo, and Yoon Sukyoung during his U20 days and didn't get the attention he's getting now until he started making senior team appearances just before the World Cup.

3. Lee Geunho was never rated over Park Chuyoung. His performance in K-League was largely ignored, as K-League performances are always, and he only started getting bits of recognition when he started scoring goals at the national team. His name got a lot of mentions when there were rumours of him going to Europe, a period of time in which Park Chuyoung was already in Europe, just beginning to settle.

4. K-League draft isn't a carbon copy of the American system. Go research the system if you want to think you know enough to comment on it. Up until the recent rise in popularity of Korean players, the system was seen as a necessity. Now that the players can be just sold at just about any club in the world, clubs are finding the importance of developing their own talent. K-League is slowly introducing free market ideology into the system and the draft will be gone within the next five years.

The draft itself wasn't bad for the league either. It gave shitty teams like Jeju and Incheon good prospects such as Hong Jungho and Yoo Byungsoo and made the league more competitive. Korean football is producing talent left and right so the draft will no longer be needed. A few years from now, a club could completely dodge the draft and will still be able to find hidden gems.

13. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Cho Youngchul became a one-way player because J League allowed him to become one. The Brazilian manager at Yokohama and Suzuki Jun were okay with using him as a pure dribbler and had him stalling by the sideline. Kurosaki Hisashi demanded more out of him and taught him what it means to be a forward. The result was obvious as he's scored 17 league goals in the past two seasons. Cho Youngchul still remains a stiff, one dimensional player though. He had a brighter future but terrible coaching ruined it.

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    You're a bit quick to elude his responsability but I can agree with you there. By this light, it's hard to be excited seeing him work with Suzuki again.

There's a bunch of new Korean players this year in J-League so I'll be interested to hear your feedbacks, except Bark Sung-Dong I don't really know them.

15. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I think with all the hype around him, Baek Sungdong has a future in the senior team in a not so distant future. You should keep an eye on him.

Kim Youngkeun who went to Albirex is the player that interests me though. An attacking midfielder with good control.

Jang Hyunsoo is supposed to have high potential, but I've never seen it.

I think Lee Daehun the 18 year old at Sanfrecce Hiroshima will have a decent career, but probably won't be making an impact any time soon.

16. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It might have been good as a learning year for KBK. But by my definition by shit is for example when you even have to take a learning year in fcukin J2. It's all good though. I'm not hating on him now. The times I've seen him he has looked pretty okay. So I'm hoping he gets better of course. He seems to be one of our best wingers at the moment (not saying much) so props to him!

Okay now I know that it's not the same as in the US.
    What might have been good then is not good now. You're making it seem like it's because of the draft system clubs are more concerned with developing own talent now. Clubs should have realised it years ago without a stupid draft system. It's what every country in Europe already does and have been doing for decades.

Hey I get that it's good for the K-league because shitty teams get more prospects. And now I might be talking out my ass but from what I've read here the draft system is one of the factors many of our players are fleeing to Japan. Can't back that up so I'm wondering if it's correct?

17. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Point. sock.

18. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i dont think he was defending it but it was a necessity for a while. now with the new changes they will eliminate it.

like they said going to J2 was mostly because 1) gave him playing time and 2) cerezo had too many foreign players.

the point is if a player is good and is playable then its not a bad move. J-league sides have more incentive to get the best out of their foreign/afc spot so in some ways its better to go there and start. league level is around the same although i would say k-league is stacked with great teams in the top half of the league.

19. DavDavFC

DavDavFC Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sydney/Seoul
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol I don't know if that was intentional or a typo. I'll take the latter.

It's Baek Sung Dong just to correct you. :cool:

I don't think the K-League drafting system is that diabolical. It's just poorly managed such as everything else run by the KFA :rolleyes:

In other news and to stay on topic ...

Just talk about how he's training with the reserve team and that his official unveiling for the club will occur sometime.

Original source: http://www.sportalkorea.com/news/view.php?gisa_uniq=2012020612021124&section_code=20&key=&field=

20. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Up until recently, the K-League was ran without much interactions from the rest of the footballing world--just as Americans leagues such as NFL and MLB are right now. At max, in a given a year, we had maybe a half a dozen prospects and a few polished players going to Japan--which is pretty much nothing if you compared the numbers to the amount of players getting produced per year. The draft made sense because it worked the way NBA is run--very few talent leaking out the back door or mis-scouted, shitty teams getting a top prospect every odd set of years, and poor clubs needing not spend a fortune to remain competitive.

The infrastructure in K-League improved overnight post 2002 and it's worked down to rudimentary level. Just as a good portion of us in our 20's and 30's are black belts in Taekwondo, many kids today are sent to footballing schools by their parents--think of summer soccer leagues in the US. With the rising popularity of football amongst youths, there is now enough reward in scouting youth talent and good enough infrastructure amongst every club to develop them. In previous years, even if a club had found a talent, it wouldn't have had the infrastructure to develop the young player and the system that tied the player to the club wasn't in place.

For example, Pohang had to send Park Chuyoung to Brazil to make sure his talent wasn't being wasted trained in Korea only to lose him to Seoul a few years later. This happened at a period of time in which K-League was experimenting no-draft seasons. In fact, some say it was Park and Seoul who forced the league to implement the drafts again.

Today, nearly all clubs have U18 and U15 teams--some have U12 teams--and their youths train at the same facility as the senior team, or have a decent training facility of their own. A player who moves between a club to another club will lose a year of playing time, and the club will be due to the other club some money when the player turns professional. We now have a proper system in place.

It had its flaws, but the draft was a working system. However, now that our players are getting interests from world outside of Korea/Japan, I agree that the draft system should be slowly terminated.

[I can discuss this some other day with anyone who wishes, but I don't believe that our prospects going to Japan is as big of a problem as people make out to be. Our culture and style of football are similar enough to that of Japan's that they won't have a tough time adjusting and players in Japan can be easily monitored unlike players elsewhere. When the time comes for the league to change the system, they shouldn't approach the changes to keep our youths away from Japan. With or without the draft, our youths are going to Japan.]

At the same time, we can't rush the termination process, otherwise it will be Park Chuyoung saga all over again. The clubs, beginning next season, will be allowed two 'contract offers'--look it up if interested in learning--and league plans on increasing the number before getting rid of the draft in the coming years.

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just a question. If going to Japan is so devestating to the young korean players careers , why are the stupid fkcing players going over there every year?

Would they have become a world class player if they stayed in Korea?

22. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    from what i understand from BSK, the k-league is more physical than the j-league which likens the k-league's style of play to a better fundamental approach like in international play. i don't think the gap in development reaches the magnitude as some here would protest to.

and these "stupid fkcing players" are going to the j-league for more favorable contracts and higher exposure(?).

23. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Read my last post.

That last question can't be serious. It's not even about what we discussed.

Now if you want to be like that then you should ask yourself if they'll ever be world class players?

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just think it can't be so bad having some players in Japan that some want it to be.

25. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Actually neither do I. I was criticizing that the draft system is one factor (of many) that contributes to our players leaving Korea. Which is sad. Since a thing like that shouldn't matter that much in the first place.

There are other factors like better contracts, more money etc. The draft system is only adding to the reasons to leave Korea. Which like I said is negative/bad.