Kim Bo-Kyung @ Cardiff City 2012-2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Jul 26, 2012.

1. thehumblegringo

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC

I'm gutted the jacks are signing that lad from celtic, i cant stand them!
    Sorry to all you koreans but if he signs for them i hope he's a total flop.

2. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Like I posted earlier on Ki's thread, Welsh fans are going to be mighty confused with Korean fans this season... :D

We can't afford either KSY or KBK to fail and will support them both. Just don't be dismayed when KSY receives more love as he is the most vital piece in our national set up. We'll still want Cardiff to get promoted and give you our support.

skimmilk, Mudang and CJay repped this.
  3. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's okay for now, wait till Cardiff get promoted and Swansea stay up.

"You fcuking Korean piece of-"

"We got a Korean too mate."

[​IMG]

wetcrispy repped this.
  4. CJay

CJay Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Which is only fair enough, he's in the higher division and like you say the most vital piece to your set up. Hopefully KBK can prove this year that he is a massive talent and will have an even bigger part to play for KNT than KSY, whilst getting Cardiff promoted... :p

We will have to start teaching you Welsh now that you have two players in our country! And likewise we should learn some Korean to welcome our new players :)

Hahaha, i'm not sure it will be like that! On one of the Cardiff message boards today, Swansea have been accused of copying Cardiff now they are buying KSY and trying to out-do us. Just know that Swansea have a massive chip on their collective shoulders when it comes to Cardiff City :p

5. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    One thing I will say about the Welsh, you guys know how to sing.

I watch alot of rugby and the first time I heard "Land of my Fathers" sung by a Welsh crowd in the Millenium stadium I nearly teared up.

CJay repped this.
  6. thehumblegringo

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    I hope someone (anyone) comes in and hi-jacks the deal last minute, he's too good to play for a tin pot club like that!

7. thehumblegringo

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC

I'll just make sure i just dont venture outside this kbk thread if thats the case. Sorry lads nothing personal but i hate that club with a passion!

olijolly, Klogon, Mudang and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Just don't say Arsenal.

If you say Arsenal, we will have to kill you. :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

9. CJay

CJay Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    As a nation we are fantastic at singing/ getting behind the team, as a club Cardiff are known to have one of the more vocal and vociferous supporters in the UK, especially with our traveling support.

This video:

shows how passionate our supporters can be. (Jump to 1:00) (if anyone likes Liverpool, don't watch :p )

nmssis and Mudang repped this.
  10. LeVin

LeVin Member+

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    With fire and brimstone.

11. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Can't wait for them to be promoted so I can get a Kim Cardiff shirt.

12. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You're going to own a Swansea KSY shirt as well as a Cardiff City KBK shirt. I wonder what most Welsh football fans think of this. :)

13. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    He should cut and stitch the front and back of both. It'll be like having two mullet football shirts.

JoeKamel repped this.
  14. CJay

CJay Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Hahaha, it would be like me buying a KNT top and a Japanese NT top, it would be blasphemy!!!!
    If you did get a Cardiff top, get the blue "away" one, as it's our true colours

Talking of tops, what do you guys think of Cardiff's owners changing the kit from blue to red? Bearing in mind we have been blue since 1908 but we have been promised £100million in investment?

Mudang, olijolly, msc43 and 2 others repped this.
  15. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    We had a long discussion about this earlier in the summer saying how much of a disgrace it was to change kit colours and the crest like the Malaysians did. It's so uncouth and insensitive of history imo.

CJay repped this.
  16. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Not to mention superstitious, very poor idea. There is a reason they're called the Bluebirds.

CJay repped this.
  17. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i dont think the answer was to change color but instead just get a more classy design from puma

18. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Haha I already crossed that bridge with Glasgow. I have my Ki and soon to be Cha Celtic shirts, and I have Rangers shirts from DaMarcus Beasley's time there. Ex Chicago Fire player if anyone is wondering about the connection.

redknights repped this.
  19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The color was not to improve the kits. It was to improve asian marketing.

20. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Correction - to improve the marketing to Chinese and Chinese-diaspora in ASEAN countries...

They're the ones obsessed with red.

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wasn't sure what passed for a big deal in SE asia. given its malaysian owners. TBH, I don't really give a f*** its so embarrassing for any asian. Itd be almost be as bad as an american owner putting an american car label on its shirts.... s*** that happened too.

CJay repped this.
  22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Malaysian owners who are ethnically Chinese.

CJay and skimmilk repped this.
  23. CJay

CJay Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I'm glad that everyone here also thinks its ludicrous and a ridiculous idea to completely disregard 104 years of history due to the whim of our owner to promote the team in an "Asian" (Chinese) market. There are some things fans can cope with but the way this was handled completely overstepped the mark, we could to an extent deal with the kit change but to almost remove the bluebird was seen as fans as a major disgrace. Another superstition according to some people is that "bluebird" directly translated into some Asian languages (I don't know which ones, but presumeably malay and Chinese) sounds Alot like an offensive word for male genetalia, and that the colour blue is the colour of death..... We still haven't been given any real reason for the change except the investment. I'm glad you guys understand how we are feeling over this and understand how stupid it really is :)

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ah the pieces come together.

Peoples Rooney and jinseokyang repped this.
  25. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    cardiff taking on brighton