Kim Bo-Kyung @ Cardiff City 2012-2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Jul 26, 2012.

1. thehumblegringo

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    i hope none of you guys watched us last night, we were absolutely dreadful and were very fortunate to win 1-0. Hopefully we can give a better account of ourselves on tuesday in brighton! :oops:

2. CJay

CJay Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Well the teams that have been relegated always have a chance to get promotion, as do your Leeds, Birminham, Blackpool, Leicester, etc and of course Cardiff (who have been in/near the playoffs for the last 5 years). That's what makes the championship so much more interesting than the EPL for us fans as anyone can beat anyone and newly promoted teams I.e. Southampton can get promotion straight away.

IMO; Cardiff, Wolves and Blackburn

3. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    3 points is all that matter right now. Since Cardiff is missing so many players from the squad. 3 points closer to promotion. :)

4. CJay

CJay Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Funny you should say that.... The only person missing from our lineup was KBK, it was pretty much a full squad last night. Tbf it was the first game of the season and HTFC went for us from the start of the match. We could have won 3-0 with a few penalty shouts/ posts and crossbars but they could have won 3-0 as our keeper pulled of some remarkable saves, keeping us in the game and rightly getting MOTM at the end of the game. But like you say; 3 point nearer to promotion, top of the league and unbeaten this year!!!

Chingoo repped this.
  5. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wait, Bellamy was in the squad yesterday?

6. CJay

CJay Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Yeah he was! He did alright, played the whole game but wasn't really played into the match and their defence tried to overload him preventing him from playing the way he does. He has only been training with us since Monday/Tuesday. The whole team were a bit of a disappointment to all fans yesterday.

ChaDuRi671 repped this.
  7. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just lost to Leeds United 1-0.

8. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wouldn't worry too much about Wolves. They're always up there for promotion and always the first candidate to return back to the Championship.

9. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    When one side is the aggressor and the other the victim it's easy for one side to have stronger feelings than the other. Koreans, especially on this forum, are black people ragin' if you know what I mean

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I know what you mean, I also know we're in 2012 and I just meant that Korean players were treated the same as the japanese ones.
    (last post on the subject for me)

edit : koreansock, besides the obvious differences of treatment between foreigners and national players which occur everywhere in the world. Don't think they are suffering of it that much.

edit 2 : anyway apologies if I said something that wasn't sensible enough.

11. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    No.

12. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think that's in general more than "especially".

13. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    did he get his visa sorted out yet?

14. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's always been easy to treat a celebrity figure with awe and respect.

The hard part is applying that same standard to your fellow man/neighbour who lives next door.

fiercejoy and Corporation X repped this.
  15. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I guess you must have missed the news about Shimizu's newest signing who got crap by the local fans simply for being a Korean. This happened less than a week ago.

Topping your post off by claiming 'feelings are much stronger in Korea' as if the Japanese players here had been treated with poor care is what had me reacting. Japanese players in Korea have been welcomed with much more openness and friendliness than Korean players have ever gotten in Japan. I vomited watching the likes of Ahn Junghwan, Cho Jaejin, and Kim Bokyung each get in a brawl in Japan with no one but themselves [or one or two other Korean teammates] to defend himself. The same would never happen in Korea.

When you hear guys like Escudero claim he's feeling like he's at home upon a month of his arrival in Korea and Shimida say he's treated like an elderly person [the same way elderly Koreans would be treated], it makes you wonder why the same stories couldn't be heard from a hundred or so [probably a lot more] Koreans players that have played in Japan. Only stories I've heard were how the younger Japanese players were speaking to elder Korean players as if they were their friend, how clubs tried to cheat the Japanese-written part of the contracts, and how no teammate wanted to be a certain player's friend during the player's struggles.

16. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Why are you so angry all the time?

17. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

wetcrispy repped this.
  18. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Which part of my post made you think I was angry?

19. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i'd say standing yer ground but anyways, when does your "yellow card" come off?

20. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I've asked a moderator and I'm still waiting for a response, but there's no need to talk about it in this forum.

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No sure if mentioned in this thread...

22. KiChungWon

KiChungWon Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Your Heart <3
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is this guy left footed? Or did he play inverted during the Olympics?

23. Corea10

Corea10 Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Left footed.

24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Please stop with these frivolous, waste of space posts.

Mudang and HojuSaram repped this.
  25. CJay

CJay Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales