Kick This! radio show 11am EST 3/22/14

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by dcunitedTV, Mar 22, 2014.

1. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from Kick This! Facebook page

This is the show the entire world is waiting for! Saturday morning at 11 eastern time iHeartRadio - WHTK Rochester

We will have Lancers VP Rich Randall in studio, Baltimore Blast owner Ed Hale, 2013-14 MISL Champion Missouri Comets head coach Vlatko Andonovski, and others on this weeks show to talk about the future of pro indoor soccer

We'll also have Alan Balthrop, PASL expert & team historian for the Dallas Sidekicks. Listen in worldwide on iHeartRadio - Sports 1280 WHTK - What does the future hold for the Rochester Lancers & Professional Indoor Soccer in the USA? All will be revealed tomorrow when @ROC_SoccerSam returns to the studio. 11am eastern

Kick This call in line 585- 222-1280

2. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm expecting 1 of 2 things. Either Sam and Ed discuss joining the PASL or they draw a line in the sand attempting to steal teams from the PASL.

3. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Will all be revealed as they say though? Or will this be more of the same "we're gonna talk" stuff and bashing of the USL?

I'm okay with either honestly, but if they say "all will be revealed" it's making it sound like the plan is done and ready for action and they are going to tell all today. I hope so..will be listening but doubting all is getting revealed this early into things.

4. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    New league, div 1 and div 2 teams. 20-26 teams. Contract agreed to, in works now and should be ready for announcement in a couple of weeks. Milwaukee and St Louis coming as well. Thank GOD for Wave coming.

Short version of Ed Hale's comments.

Joey Tee and NickWISoccer repped this.
  5. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    I think when he refers to "New League" he is speaking to his and the MISL fans and referring to a League new to them.

Nothing he has said is any different than what the PASL already has and does. PASL Pro and PASL Premiere etc.

6. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I took at it as they plan on using a model very close to the PASLs, but with higher standards. Said something about requiring teams to have a certain arena size. If they we're just joining the PASL I doubt they would completely change part of their business model for 6 teams and spite the other 20+.

I may be wrong but it came across like a new league using the PASL model w/ higher standards and spending. If San Diego is the only West coast team it will not work for them, but they seem hell bent on making this National to try to get on TV so... I'm guessing they are aiming for more teams out West in bigger arenas.

7. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it's clear from the interview, but it makes more sense that the Blast, etc. are joining the PASL.

8. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    The PASL already has arena size requirements but they are subject to being waived by the league if there is a good reason for it.

And if you are listening to Mr Balthrop on now and Soccer Sam it is not being discussed like its a new league being formed its sounding like the teams are coming over and joining.

9. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I agree this interview sounds much more like a joining of the PASL and more like nothing is changing but teams joining. I hope this is the case, I think just joining the PASL is a much better option than creating a new league from scratch...again.

10. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer Sam just said one of the exciting things about indoor soccer was fans on the edge of their seats wondering if the next goal would be a two-pointer or a three-pointer.

Not anymore.

11. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer Sam just described the Missouri Comets as the undisputed champions of indoor soccer. Hate to break this to you Sam but the league it appears your team is about to join has a champion, too. Until the Comets beat the Chicago Mustangs, the Comets are only the undisputed champions of the MISL, not all of indoor soccer.

And now Sam just said Mustangs owner Armando Gamboa will be on his show next week. I don't think Sam will repeat his statement about the Comets on next week's show.

12. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    thats great news Scott. and I'm relieved to hear it as well. i'll be looking forward to the announcements for the league and divisions. 6 teams in each division, roughly?

13. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is good news and I am glad they were able to figure it out quickly. Two divisions--how many will be in one and two? It will be interesting to see how they set up the divisions and alignments.

Even if this league is called the PASL, in essence it will be a new league. For good or bad, whenever Hale and Soccer Sam get involved in a soccer league a new dynamic is created that will affect the entire league. I am really glad to see the Wave will be around, though.

14. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scott you are misquoting. He did not say a contract was agreed too
    Scott you are misquoting. I'm 98% sure Hale did not say a contract was agreed to. I'll review the podcast as soon as it uploads to verify.

15. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    contract may be wrong, but he did say they "reach an agreement" and that a contract was being finalized..something the effect of "the lawyers are going over it and we will have it ready in a couple of weeks."

16. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you know the Wave will be around? I hope they are, but I heard nothing from the show indicating they will be.

17. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I heard no confirmation of the Wave being 100% back only that they are able to leave the MISL/USL

18. JonKurozawa

JonKurozawa New Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Non one knows what is happening with Wave at this point...still a lot of speculation. Either 1. They are around with new investor and will follow the other MISL7 or 2. They fold. More info will probably come out after the MISL meetings in Tampa this week.

19. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a link to the podcast?

20. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I am unable to download the interview. I was going by what was said earlier. Hopefully the Wave and others will be able to figure things out.

21. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ed Hale stated new league several times in his conversation. as for stealing PASL Teams HAHAHA Has anyone thought that maybe there contracts are up as well ? It amazes me how for year everyone Bashed the PASL and now the same people thing the league is great . The Pasl has not changed if your looking for a larger fan base Just take Baltimore and Rochester and the fan base Tripled .

22. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A New League can be formed over night ,

23. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it will be in the archives after 2PM

24. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Incase some of you aren't aware of this. Phil Salvagio who is the head coach and co-owner of the Sockers, is also a co-owner of the PASL. So on the theory of stealing teams from the PASL. San Diego would not be one of those teams.

25. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    this is most likely going to be a de facto merger. they can call it what they want, but its a merger.

Joey Tee and dcunitedTV repped this.