Ki Sung-Yong @ Swansea City AFC 2012-2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You guys serious ?
    The team barely made it to the first division ... LOL

It's their first time ever in the EPL.
    This team is likely to stay, at best, in the low-middle part of the league table.

I don't know, it's a huge disappointment considering he could have played for much better clubs in Liga. Even Arsenal was much better than Swansea.

2. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Yet again, with statements like these, you show why you're not Korean and will never truly understand Koreans.

What a kill joy :rolleyes:

Mudang repped this.
  3. HojuSaram

HojuSaram Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Any info about what number he will be wearing?? Would love for him to wear something like 70 or 80 as someone mentioned before although it might draw some unnecessary comparisons..

Oh, and please change your Romanization to Yong, not Yueng. You're not Chinese.

4. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I keep imagining that kid in your prof is you chong soo

5. Devodians

Devodians Member

May 5, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Everytime Chong-Soo posts something and I see that face, I start laughing my ass off. It just never gets any less funny. Poor Nippon fan.

Sons of Thunder and mvvm repped this.
  6. Chupacabra1

Chupacabra1 Member

May 16, 2012
    Didn't realize Chong-Soo's not Korean, but buzzzzzzzzzz kill nonetheless

I guess I'm just a glass half full kind of guy.

7. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    anyone know the length of the contract?

8. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    3 years. So he's primed for a huge move after WC14 if all goes well.

9. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Aaaannnddd heyheyhey is back with ridiculous posts.

10. LeVin

LeVin Member+

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Not sure I want him to make a big move just before a World Cup--speaking purely from the perspective of the NT aspect.

11. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i dont see him moving next summer unless he doesnt play (highly unlikely), swanea get an offer for more than 15mil, or if laudrup manages to get sacked.

12. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Chong-soo, there's nothing to be disappointed about. Everything about this transfer was sensible and you know it.

13. ChaBoomer

ChaBoomer Member

Oct 27, 2004
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You can watch Swansea play, and maybe see Ki in the stand tomorrow morning at...445am PST. Showing on espn3 if you live in the States.

14. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    no ki, no watch.

edkwolverines repped this.
  15. Devodians

Devodians Member

May 5, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Didn't someone say he'll be presented to the fans at halftime?

16. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    either halftime or before kickoff. That, i would definitely watch.

HojuSaram repped this.
  17. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010

hopefully it'll look like this :ROFLMAO:

18. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Wow. Yeah. You're totally right. And then he could've had all the playing time, attention, and success that PCY had at Arsenal. Such a missed opportunity.

Sons of Thunder, JoeKamel and Mudang repped this.
  19. soccerboy37

soccerboy37 Member+

Jan 17, 2009
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOVE this new transfer!!! awesome news.
    also, august 24th became an AMAZING DAY for me, not just for ki seung yung.
    after 12 hard years of living in the united states, my family received our green card in the mail today. never seen my parents this happy before. tears and joy in my house and it was just an amazing day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Congratulations!

[​IMG]

21. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Congrats on the green card! That's enormous.

soccerboy37 repped this.
  22. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    if you could add 'city' after swansea that would be lovely

Corea10, soccerboy37, Chingoo and 2 others repped this.
  23. soccerboy37

soccerboy37 Member+

Jan 17, 2009
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    thanks guys! really appreciate it. i started updating my fafsa, and now im just so excited because i no longer have limitations to apply for internships and other things and my sister doesnt have to go to through that international student application process and all. its all just great news. life in the USA has become much easier now. and i cant wait until KSY steps out on that pitch, another KPA representing the power of korean football even more now :D

24. jackarmy1912

jackarmy1912 Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Barely made it into the first division ok let me educate you Chong, we did not merely make it into the EPL we stormed into it.We have out performed QPR who were promoted along with us two seasons ago. We played what was considered to be the best football outside of the top flight and to be honest were in the wrong division. Question Chong have you seen Swansea play or just read the stats?

Its not the first time in the EPL this is our second season.

With the firepower we possess do you think a man of Laudrup's caliber would join a club who did not have realistic ambitions to progress further than low middle part of the table? Not likely we are targeting a top 10 finish.

You say even Arsenal are better than Swansea you do realize we out performed the gunners last season and were very unlucky not to grab a draw at the emerites. You do realise as well we more than held are own against Manchester United, won against Champions Manchester City at home bossed the majority of the games we played. It seems some fans need a little reminder to take a step back and realize the EPL is far more competitive far more open than ever. Arsenal are a considered to be a club on the downward spiral with no silverware for years, a manager who has run out of ideas, selling their best players and replacing them with ones not up to the job. Arsenal are no longer a huge force of British football, the power has shifted to Manchester and Chelsea. Arsenal are nothing special anymore.

So when you Say Ki is moving to an inferior club I digress, he is moving to a club that has the chance to grow, a club that he will quick find out has no ego's. A club that will fit in with his ethos of how the game should be played, to learn from one of the greatest players in his position, to be appreciated and loved by the fans, to grow with a club that has the potential for a European place to cement themselves in the EPL for season after season. If that is a mistake then I for one think its the best mistake KI will ever make.

Don't worry the BBC, ITV and Sky News did not even mention it on their main news bulletins.

Not sure what number KI will wear yet, keep you posted.

25. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    Congrats but I had no idea it took that long.

soccerboy37 repped this.