Ki Sung-Yong @ Celtic FC 2010-2011 [R] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
  2. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    the 'Sex Dragon' moniker has made it out to Scotland!

3. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    lol the pic with koo as an orange is being mistakened as being ki

4. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jeju's famous orange is 할라봉.
    Koo is from Jeju.
    Ki started calling Koo 구자봉; 구자철 + 할라봉 = 구자봉.

5. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The term sex dragon I'm sure finds its origin right here, from BS KOREA :D

6. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  7. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    :D:D

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I can't think of what possible reason KSY has to do this in his spare time. I wish I had a higher suspicion of drug use to explain such madness :) I dunno if I want to know what he and SHM are continuously tweeting to each other.

I guess the girls (boys?) in Scotland are as bad as I recall ;)

9. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ki didnt make that. He wrote it in his tweety when he posted the pic, something like "its amazing how creative people are".

10. Henke7

Henke7 Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Seoul/Glasgow
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

There's some monsters for sure but thats just the rangers fans:D.

Whoever wrote this article is an idiot, they mistake Koo for Ki on two occasions and says Ki was one of Lennon's best signings, Would it kill these people to do some research.

11. redknights

redknights Member

Jan 20, 2010
    USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Another similar article with similar lack of research, with a huge pic of KJC.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/e...ppy-with-wacky-twitter-photos-86908-22929436/

12. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Blast from the past: 2009 documentary on Ki Sung Yeung:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j0UKSB2VAU"]YouTube - [OLD DOCUMENTARY] 090614 ????? 2580 ??? ?? ???[/ame]

13. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Sex Dragon is on the bench. Celtic are playing a 4-3-1-2 (diamond) morphing into a 4-4-2, so it makes sense that KSY is not in there right now.

Hooper just scored in the 19th minute. Great striker's goal. If they keep this lead, expect KSY to enter the fray around the 65th minute.

Edit: Hooper scores a brace. Celtic 2 - Rangers 0

Edit: KSY enters the match for Kayal in the 60th minute. Looks like Kayal pulled his hamstring. Celtic look like they're playing a 4-4-1-1. Could change in the next ten minutes. We'll see.

Edit: Celtic 3 - Rangers 0. Commons unleashed the most ridiculous shot on his weaker right foot. Basically think Roberto Carlos. The ball went left at first and then swerved right at the last minute to leave McGregor completely embarrassed. KSY kept it tidy. He shot a low pile driver from about 30m that would've taken off McGregor's head if his wrists weren't strong.

14. Henke7

Henke7 Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Seoul/Glasgow
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its all looking good for Celtic at the moment, we didn't even play as good as we normally do and we still destroyed them:D. I wasn't too surprised to see Ki on the bench as i expected Lennon to give Hooper a striking partner and he was never going to split Kayal and Ledley up for such an important game.
    I think over the next few weeks though Ki might start to work his way back in to the team to replace ledley but its a big decision for Lennon cause Ledley has been looking pretty good over the past month or so.

I think we missed Ki in the first half our transition from defence to attack wasn't a smooth as usual and out ball retention was a little more sloppy, something wasn't quite clicking in the way we were moving the ball around compared to the last Derby where our passing was excellent even though we we only had 10 men, which was largely down Ki who completed more passes than anyone on the pitch.

There seemed to be a few people thinking that he was over-hyped after seeing him in the Asian Cup, maybe if Ki was to miss a few games for the NT the doubters would see how productive and effective he actually is.

15. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

You nailed it. What you probably didn't get a feel for was the atmosphere in the stadium today which was truly fantastic from the Celtic support.

I suspect that more than a few Rangers players realised today that the game is up.

16. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  18. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  19. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

The other 3 in the poll are probably going to be the main 3 front runners for Celtic's player of the year.

I would suggest that if a couple of different players were included the % on Ki would reduce fairly dramatically.

20. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Tbf, the poll is also indirectly highlighting the 4 best players on the entire team. That's the only way the sale of one would raise enough funds to enable the retainment of the other 3.

Besides, many here have been howling about Ki moving on (which I disagree with), so it would be silly to be upset that Celtic fans are considering the same.

21. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    As for transfer speculation, etc. Who knows when they'll all be sold... But I'm sure Celtic will give it a go next season and keep this group intact in the hopes of making it past the group stages next season in the Champions League.

Imo (in absolute terms), UEFA's television revenues (from the knockout stages) > potential transfer profits from selling the quartet.

Anyway, we (the club, its supporters and Koreans) knew he would eventually be sold one day. Hopefully it'll be on the best of terms with fond memories of trophies, medals and CL success (and at a point when KSY is ready to fully control/pull the strings for an elite Champions League club).

Btw, there are a lot of stories on Hooper, Izaguirre and Kayal these days.

Apparently Kenny Daglish is crushing on Izaguirre. He came to see the match on Sunday and pretty much indicated that a bid will be forthcoming in the summer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...enny-Dalglish-runs-rule-Celtic-left-back.html

The journos are going silly with stories on how there'll be a proper bidding war between United and Liverpool. And everyone's throwing numbers out there for how much Celtic is willing to sell Izaguirre from £4.5 million to £10 million. Imo, £10 million is crazy talk since he hasn't had a proper CL campaign yet, but I can see him moving for around £4 million plus add ons.

And United apparently <3 Kayal...

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6771724,00.html

Btw, I read that KSY did not start on Sunday as a precaution b/c he felt a slight twinge to his hamstrings in the final training session before Sunday's match. Hopefully, he's rested enough to not pull/strain anything since he'll have to start w/ Kayal out for the near future...

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    As an aside, Fraser, Henke and other Celtic supporters - do you think Walter Smith is (a) going to change his tactics for the next series of Old Firm games coming up and (b) losing it?

The entire match (well the one before that too actually), all I could think was why are Rangers playing so narrowly? Diouf was completely useless out on the wings. And w/o width, their fullbacks were pinned back by Wilson and Izaguirre's runs. Add to David Weir being completely incapable (physically) of tracking the runs of either Hooper or Commons, Rangers completely fell into Celtic/Neil Lennon's gameplan.

I mean, they got battered to the point, I felt some pity for them out there - just mentally abused - (I felt like I was watching Miguel Cotto in the latter rounds get pummeled by Manny Pacquiao)... I was shocked that Walter Smith didn't insert that one trick pony Vladimir Weiss to at least quell Izaguirre's runs down the left. I guess the old man is too set in his ways... At this rate, I think they might slip down to third if the other clubs throttle them down the wings.

23. Henke7

Henke7 Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Seoul/Glasgow
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This is definitely the story of the last few derby matches, and honestly i don't really think its something that can be fixed without some new signings. Hooper pretty much retired weir in the last derby, he's just not good enough anymore. Their only hope really imo is to just go for it and try and cause our defence a few problems but its just not Smith's style and the team doesn't know how to play like that.

You make a good point about our full backs dominating the wings which has been key to our last few performances against Rangers Ally Mccoist and Walter Smith both recognised it after the 2-2 draw at Ibrox, They claimed they would be sorting that out but it seems they failed in doing so.

I honestly don't know what Walter Smith will do now although he seems to think his team is just on a bad run of form rather than the tactics being at fault, so id imagine he'll stick with what he knows and hope he gets a lucky break. I think his head is retired already, he probably signed on for another year in the assumption that Celtic would be as poor as last season and he would get his perfect goodbye with three SPL titles in a row. It hasn't worked out like that and i think he wishes he had just retired on a high.

I just think in general Lennon has built a team that dominates them in every department, Im not sure there's much they can do about it. Imo we will win the three remaining derby's and win the treble we just need to make sure we don't let out performances drop against the weaker sides, You can never be totally confident in Scotland though as the refs are absolutely terrible and can easily cost you points but there's nothing much you can do about that.

24. Henke7

Henke7 Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Seoul/Glasgow
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  25. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan