Ki Sung-Yong @ Celtic FC 2010-2011 [R] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You guys shoulda never bagged on this kid :)

thats how Im subscribing to this thread anyways.

fanboy for life

3. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Interestingly, for the past couple of days i have had no life so decided to go back and see alot of my posts i posted before. Dare i say, i posted alot of things and i think i am underrated.
    I kept telling everyone that Lee Keun Ho should have been picked rather than either Ahn or Lee Dong Gook. But no one listened.
    And another thing...i always had faith in Ki. So in your face Ki haters!

Sorry K:the core but you replied back to me

and then, if you go further i wrote

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1383433&page=5

I love myself for not hating Ki.

4. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well maybe my outlook for him was a bit longterm but I never shat on the kid when he was in a rutt. Meanwhile....

felt like I was taking crazy pills when it seemed like I was the only one being calm while it seemed a lot were turncoating on him and saying stupid things like he should be kicked off the KNT. It was gettting ridiculous. Im not about to go searching that thread though but Im sure its all in there.

I really hope he's in the EPL in 2 years time.

5. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I will find it soon...i have no life atm ahah.

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I sincerely hope he's not

7. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    most exciting league in the world

8. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not only do I not agree, that has nothing to do with what's better for Ki's career

9. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, I happen to think the English way is the most passionate way.

Perhaps its not in his best interest but I can pretty much see him playing for any league in the world. His style is amphibious and he can morph. I think he's the only K player as of right now that can brag about that.

I used to think he'd be fine at Arsenal, but the way he's playing in Scotland, Im thinking more and more he'd be great at United.

10. ChaBoomer

ChaBoomer Member

Oct 27, 2004
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, I think he'll be great at United, too. And I think he'll do fine in English football. BUT I think he could do more in Spain in a way none of our boys yet have. Imagine him developing his skills and thriving at Real Madrid. That's a sight I'd like to see some day.

11. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    Sky you're such a pisser, man. Where the hell is your humor?

I agree with K. Premier League is where it's at. Can't stand to watch seria A, La Liga, Bundesliga

12. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What does humor have anything to do with this, lolol. I just don't think Ki would be a good fit there. Cry me a river, dood.

13. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    wow..he's had several good games for celtic playing in a 2nd/3rd rated league. don't jizz all over him yet. still has a lot to prove both for club and country.

i do not think he's ready for the premier league quite yet. the kid's got potential but its not like he can just walk right into england and dominate. he's a mid table occasional starter at best.

14. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Real Madrid does not take good care of even its most talented players: look at Robben, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Kaka, Benzema...

That club has no heart and will throw you under the bus in the blink of an eye.

15. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'd disagree completely there as well. Don't believe the SKY hype machine. They constantly roll this statement out and for me, its quality is dropping. I've watched more than a few turgid matches this season.

Blackburn - Sunderland on a Monday night was one of the worst football matches I have ever witnessed. And this comes from a season ticket holder in Scotland!!

The Manchester derby last Wednesday wasn't great, although I'll admit I did miss parts of it whilst watching The Hoops. And there have been many more that have been poor quality.

Give me the Bundesliga or La Liga any day of the week over the Premiership.

Not sure about that either.

If you mean from the way the players play the game then I suppose that's a reasonable statement although I'm sure other leagues play with the same sort of passion. In Scotland for instance, although people prefer to call it thuggery than passion because of the league but that's just one of the little nuances you get with football fans all over the world.

If you mean the fans then I'd say the fans in the Bundesliga are far more vociferous than their Premiership counterparts.

16. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I'm with Sky and Fraser on this one... I end up watching a ton of EPL matches, b/c it's the most readily accessable. And it's nice to listen to the match being called in the queen's tongue.

I also find it the most amusing b/c it's so damn frantic. But turn off the commentary for a few matches and watch the EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga and Serie A. Devoid of the excitement of the Sky/ESPN/ITV/BBC commentators, the product you actually see on the screen is quite poor most of the time.

It's only the most "exciting" league b/c many of the players have poor technique and little ball control. They spill it and you end up w/ frantic counterattacks that emphasizes pace over technique. That or you have the classic English kick and rush football w/the ball just lumped forward.

It's not that KSY can't play well and succeed in the EPL. It's that his full potential might not be unlocked in England. I much rather see him in Germany or Italy and then see him move to a top club in Spain. He has the talent to play one day at a club like Barca or Real. Why settle for just the EPL?

17. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    oh whatever...

you guys will watch anything with koreans in it

you guys'll watch figure skating, women football, swimming etc etc... just because koreans are playing in it

i do too

put a korean in skates, i'm there...

if ki sung yong plays in pakistan... i guess i'd watch it if it was on...

but epl in general can be boooooring at times...

i much prefer football elsewhere in europe... just in style wise

although i have to admit, english football commentary is best in the world

much better than korean commentary...

this was the last korean commentary during united game vs wolves (or whatever)....

"박지성.... 박지성... 박지 성~~~~~~~~ 박~~~~~~ 박지성~~~~~~ "

then he came

18. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

you have a knack for writing before reading. no one said he was going to take the world by storm. this discussion is all about potential here. And yeah...Lennon has come out very recently with heavy praise for the kid with the mentioning of world class sprinkled in. its been said within this forum several times too. he has world class distribution and holding skills. the recent addition of his physical game is a real bonus. thats why I tend to think he might be able to play in the EPL one day.

19. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Preach on, folks

20. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol :d:d:d:d

21. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    take ur own advice son.

all i said was don't jizz on him yet. i said he's got the potential, but still has a lot to prove. u might want to read my post as well chode.

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    OMG, so true. Lol... I'm so embarrassed to admit it to my non-Korean friends, but I'm almost a semi-expert on scoring the triple lutz and choreography by now. :p

Although knowing a bit about short track/long track speed skating does come in handy while in Holland! :D

23. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :confused: you make zero fuking sense dood. always.

24. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    just take ur own advice...

and seriously, can u not notice a drunken rant? :p

i think this place is missing an icon or emoticon you can click to show posts that were made while intoxicated cuz that was me last night.:eek:

25. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Ki has potential to play in EPL, Spain, Italy. He still a lot to prove. Yay we all agree. Let's move on.