Ki Sung-Yong @ Celtic FC 2009-2010 [R] II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Apr 3, 2010.

1. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    not this year obviously...sorry for clouding that sunshine.

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well yeah maybe not for celtic this year but there is still the world cup buddy! believe!!!!

3. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Ki Sung "Yueng" sounds so Chinese its really akward

4. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Ki Sung-Yong is on the bench against Hibernian.

5. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    at least made the bench unlike last time....

6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Freaking put Ki on you stupid Lemon

7. footballz

footballz New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Any streams?

8. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  9. footballz

footballz New Member

Nov 16, 2009
  10. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Ki Sung-Yong remained on the bench while Celtic came back from 2-1 to win 3-2. Rasmussen looked good, why doesn't he start?

N'Guemo was underwhelming as was Brown. McGeady looked much improved.

11. KovenDreamer

KovenDreamer Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I wonder if Ki is really in bad form right now not to be getting any playing time at all. But I guess it looks like the doubters of the Celtic move were right and Ki might have been better off staying with FC Seoul.

12. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Well, hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

Unfortunate for Ki that the manager who brought him got replaced not long after by someone who probably doesn't regard him as highly.

13. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    this is why hes needs to leave celtics.

14. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If he leaves now, he'll go nowhere.
    @ this point, he needs to stand his ground and prove himself.
    Once he gets the damn opportunity that is.

1 person likes this.
  15. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    he really needs to do good in the worldcup too. he needs to show other clubs out there what he's made of. :cool:

16. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ditto...
    Hopefully Ki's abilities are still sharp n ready for the WC.
    But not being able to make it to 1st quad and all.. Who knows.

17. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Guys lets remember that Ki is still young. Even if he has a crap 2010 WC he will still have more chances to come (even though it will be very long and enduring time for Ki).

18. Koreafan

Koreafan Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ki should demand some playing time because of the world cup but he is probably too polite to do that. He should really ask for a transfer during the summer since Celtic has so far proven that they are not serious enough in his future as a Celtic player. I realize im being unreasonable and impatient...but I think Ki Sung Yong has a bright future ahead of him, and I hate to see him riding the pine at Celtic. He needs to wake up and realize that Celtic is not the right team for him.

19. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Unfortunately, the world isn't that easy.
    Demanding more play time, asking for a transfer is just naive talk in the business/professional world.
    Thats basically going up to your boss and demanding a raise/promotion.

If I were in his position, and worked my way up to be able to join a well known club overseas, I wouldn't want to give up there just because I didn't get any playing time for my 1st season. That is ridiculous.
    Lets be realistic.

20. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Exactly. Let's give the SPL/Celtic-bashing a rest for now. It's pointless and just repeating the same points that were raised months ago.

21. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    and he signed a 4 yr deal? :(

22. Koreafan

Koreafan Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Wow, you never heard of players demanding more playing time/ or asking for a transfer? what WORLD are you from? Yes, the world isn't that easy, but I guess Ki should just meekly accept whatever the Celtic organization feels like giving him? And Ki is not just some scrub who joined CELTIC ON A LUCK...he is a key starter for KNt and one of the best players in the k-league. I admitted that I'm being unrealistic, but if you go through life meekly accepting the bs that comes your way, then your life will be an utter fail, i guarantee you that, my friend

and would it be such abig deal to say,"hey you know, the world cup is coming up...kind pf a big deal...you think i can get some match time?"

23. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that Ki Sungyong is getting completely ignored right now. During the matches, he would be sitting at the sidelines feeling the need to perform well during the summer tournament if he's motivated enough not to go through this again next season. Although I'm against anyone not performing for their respective club playing for my national team, he will get his opportunities to shine in South Africa.

Usually, lack of playing time prior to tournaments is a concern for players who have yet to have been evaluated fully. Ki SY is a certain to go, so put those worries aside. He's getting a lot of rest right now after a busy 2009 (and 2008); and stiffness is never a problem for any player as there are pre-tournament friendlies to warm them up.

24. footballchic

footballchic Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Bruges
    Club:
    CFR 1907 Cluj
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Ki is owned by Celtic, not KNT. The coach has decided that for the time being, the team doesn't need his contributions. I don't think he's physically ready, fitness-wise to play yet. How can someone demand playing time if he isn't ready?

And why would Celtic need to meet his demands anyway? They can do with Ki as they please. Ki's value in the market isn't very high at the moment, so I think it's in his best interest to keep working and improving himself, so that his club eventually find a need for him.

25. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    What do you think it's going to take for Ki to be ready come South Africa?
    If he's not getting matches it looks like he'll be rusty. What's the best we can hope for, fitness wise?