Ki Sung-Yong @ Celtic FC 2009-2010 [R] II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Apr 3, 2010.

1. moussepine

moussepine Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Ki Sung Yong , you are welcome to France ! Ligue 1 is the best place to build up decent athletic and technique skills !!

Don't be a fool like this Song Jin Hyung guy who thought he could make it
    to PSV and failed while he could have been recruited by Nancy, Sochaux or Valenciennes !!

Korean Players, come to France !!!

www.footcoreen.com

2. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Song Jin-Hyung was originally reputed to have some trials in France...I wonder if he will continue there after his failed PSV trial.

3. moussepine

moussepine Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I don't know whether it is Song himself or his agent who should be blamed for his failed attempt at playing in europe. Dutch newswebsite says Song should be on his way home in South Korea !!

I don't think he will come back to Europe..

Maybe he will play again for Newcastle Jets in A -league..

Painful... Song should try his luck again in France, it seems he did not even try !! But also French ligue 1 clubs are always wary of Asian players due to large number of failures in the past (Seo Jung Won (Strasbourg), Ahn Jung Hwan (Metz), Inamoto (Rennes), Jinyi (Nancy),Koji Nakata (Marseille))..

It seems only Daisuke Matsui (grenoble) and Park Chu Young have made a real positive impact so far..

4. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    maybe the fc seoul scouts were right, his progress went downhill after moving to aussie land?

5. KovenDreamer

KovenDreamer Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm really starting to worry about Ki's form. He better get some starts before the season's over. Kim Jae-Sung is great, but he won't be an adequate replacement for Ki in the World Cup.

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Clever! He's not logging minutes at Celtic, so let Man United sign him. Great idea!!

7. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lmao

8. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    BTW, is there a Korean word for spazzo for a delusional fanboy?

9. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah

영원한 Biggest 팬!

10. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Ki again not on the bench or in starting lineup.

11. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Once he found out he's not playing today he probably called his agent...
    'Get me outta here!'

12. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Motherwell leading 0-1.
    Reynolds scores at '49.

as I'm typing this Celtic equalize through Josh Thompson.

1-1. Game on.

Celtic win 2-1 with Reynolds scoring a brace.

13. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think we have to face the fact that the coach either dislikes Ki's playing style or that Ki doesn't fit into his line up.

I doubt I'll see him log any more than 30 minutes from this point on. Seems like another Seol Ki Hyeon all over again.

14. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol at the idiot that was serious of thinking that Ki had a chance at joining man utd.

15. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    His last game was poor but IMO, everyone was poor that day. Otherwise, I don't think he's had really a fair shout. From what I've seen of Celtic's midfield and what I know of Ki Sung-Yong, IMO he's more talented than either Brown or N'Guemo -- but I think, as frasermc alluded to, it's more of the manager likely unwilling to chance too much by changing a lineup that's been relatively consistent for the past few games in a season of ebb and flow. Consequently, I think he's been sort of a forgotten man but I'm really bemused that he hasn't been able to make the bench, at least. They (Celtic) may have won today but on evidence of the first-half performance, there was very little improvement from the disaster at Ross County. Let's be frank -- Ki Sung-Yong took a gamble in jumping to the SPL with precious little time before the World Cup, one that has very little to show for it as of yet. He may have been a bit unlucky in catching Celtic at a time of transition but it was a risk he was willing to take.

It's frustrating times for Ki Sung-Yong to say the least. Just have a look at what Lennon thinks:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AqJmeFc2PY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Neil Lennon acting like a complete mongo[/ame]

Even more frustrating perhaps when considering that there was some close calls to a deal coming through for him from Serie A.

16. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
  17. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Yes, hopefully but I get the impression that more and more Lennon doesn't see him as part of the overall team setup as evidenced not necessarily but his exclusion from the starting lineup but the bench altogether. Not sure why...

Anyways, it looks like Celtic face some competition for vying for second when second seemed like a sure thing just a month or two ago. They are still 8 pts. adrift of 3rd place Dundee United, who they will face soon and they still have yet to play Rangers in their penultimate game at Celtic Park so Lennon might decide to go conservative and stick with the same or similar lineup, at least in midfield, although it's looked fairly uninspired and devoid of any modicum of creativity. Watching N'Guemo reminds me vaguely of watching Muamba of 08/09 season (the latter was good today v. Chelsea IMO). Good in tackle and harrying the opposition but somewhat limited in anything past that. I think the former is probably guiltier of gifting the ball away to the opposition more frequently as well, especially recently.

18. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    -----------------Ki-----------
    -----Crosas------------Brown
    --------------N'Guemo

Hasn't tried this yet, I think. Likely because it involves Aiden McGeady being dropped but I think McGeady has had a very lukewarm season.

19. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Nice vid. Doesn't give off the impression he's ready yet for the top job. LOL.

20. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    This Lennon fellow seems like an old school tough-guy style coach. I don't see him fitting "soft" players in his first XI based on what he's been saying. Its too bad since Ki was just getting his chances...

21. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
  22. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seeing Ki get little or no playing time keeps me questioning the timing of his move to Celtic. Maybe he should've stuck around with Seoul for another season and waited until after the WC to move to maybe a bigger league.

23. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That's exactly what he should of done. If he stayed at Seoul and had a great World Cup he would be at a better league, rather than the SPL

24. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    eh.. Sh!t happens. Everyone expected Ki to make it, then the spotlight turned to LCY.
    All that hype about "i'm more like Steven Gerrard" :rolleyes:
    Nevertheless, lets see how he does next season.

25. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Guys dont worry David Ki will shine for celtic soon....