Kenny Cooper for sale: why are we not discussing?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by SeventhRowScreamer, Dec 8, 2012.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's the spirit. Man, I love coming to this board in the last 16 months...

2. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    I like this move, this guy will have a 10+ goal season, unless our MF is completely useless.

4. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Crow has never tasted so delicious. mmmmm
    I haven't been this pumped since the Cooper - Ruiz - O'Brien triumvirate. WELCOME HOME KCJ!

5. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    “Eric Hassli is a very good player with an incredible resume,” said FC Dallas head coach Schellas Hyndman. “He fits our needs. He is a big striker who holds the ball very well and is a great goal scorer. Hassli is also a player who can complement Blas Perez, allowing us to play in a two-striker system.”

hassli is a GREAT goal scorer-- HUH?? he scores a goal about every 4 games-- a little bit of an exaggeration IMO-- how he and cooper will work together boggles my mind-- i have a hard time picturing them playing effectively together

6. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy, put Blas in the middle of a three man front

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, you're right, SH should have just said he was "average at best" and that we were just hoping to pull some good performances out of our asses.

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Well...................he's certainly a more prolific scorer than our 2nd best forward last season.

If we count Castillo as a winger....................our 2nd leading goalscorer in 2012 among forwards was whom? Scott Sealy with 2?

Now we've got Blas, Cooper, and Hassli. If Hassli is #3 on the depth chart, then we're in good shape.

9. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best news out of Dallas in player acquisitions since I can't remember when.

Go big or go home. At least now it looks we are trying to win games rather than just play them.

10. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    well if u and other dallas fans are happy with hassli coming, i wish u the best, except against vancouver ;)

11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Since Cunningham's big season, we've really struggled to find consistent goal-scoring from our forwards. We've just had a parade of mediocrity come thru here like Milton Rodriguez, Matias Jara, Scott Sealy, Maykel Galindo, and on and on.

Now we have 3 guys that I think are capable of putting the ball in the back of the net for 2013. And we've got fliers on the wings in Jackson and Castillo, and a playmaking midfielder in Ferreira. Barring injuries, we look good in the attack. We still need depth. The Nunez signing will help.

I'm now focusing my panic on the center of midfield. It seems that I when I panic in a public manner.....................results happen. OH MY GOD! Are we really going to start a soon-to-be 34 year old Swiss league reject as our holding midfielder? With question marks Bobby Warshaw and Victor Ulloa as his backup? Egads!!!!!!!

12. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Maybe with these aquisitions Shellas is going to move to a 3-4-3..... ;) probably not goign to happen. Nevermind. I'll continue to lurk and keep quiet.

13. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is the first time since the 3 headed monster of EJ-Ruiz-ROB that I have actually thought the team can actually win something. Add Nunez in the possible mix and I can see at least the Brimestone and Cannon returning to Dallas+maybe even the US Open Cup.

14. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Ah, I forgot about GAM. For some reason I was thinking Cooper was here at that time. Thanks for the clarification. I have the memory of a crack baby.

15. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He might have came right after EJ left.

16. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Yea he did, I just remember some story about the coach sleeping in his car on a trip to convince Cooper to come over from England. Anyways, it looks like Dallas has some serious players in play for the coming season, and I'm expecting them to do some serious damage as long as everyone is healthy.