Keane in the Media

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Pegasus503, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Pegasus503

Pegasus503 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    1 person likes this.
  2. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
  3. respite_cdd

respite_cdd BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is going to be a depressing thread. From everything I've seen of his hometown coverage, Robbie coming here was a cynical, chickenhearted move by a man looking to make a quick and easy buck. They rate our league somewhere below the SPL and yeah basically they can go **** themselves.

4. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego

then we need plenty of positive coverage from all other sources...

loads of spurs fans have wished him well, even some wolves fans...

TMZ has started to cover the family

Its all about getting the name "LA GALAXY" to have global recognition.

I heard Robbie Savage trash MLS last night, I thought to myself that Savage could barely name 50% of the leagues teams, but most MLS critics just haven't watched any games outside of their own little world... they would claim that EPL and Seria A are all that matter...sad really.

I took heart in Sir Alex comments on MLS...and frankly i am not a Man U fan...but I would take Sir Alex comments far more seriously than biased has-beens...(or in the Savage case...never was...)

5. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    LA Slimes (not G Jones)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/08/irish-striker-robbie-keane-joins-galaxy.html

One day after being greeted at the airport by enthusiastic L.A. Galaxy fans, Irish striker Robbie Keane trained with the team for the first time Friday afternoon in front of equal fanfare.
    In the biggest splash since the signing of David Beckham, Keane, 31, was introduced at a news conference filled with green, orange and white balloons and a buffet of corned beef and cabbage. With a mix of international media filling the east terrace of the Home Depot Center, the English Premier League’s 10th all-time leading scorer sat alongside Landon Donovan and Beckham -- the team’s other designated players -- and discussed his new home. Keane is expected to add punch to a Galaxy squad that is in first place and is seeking its first Major League Soccer Cup since 2005.
    “I certainly had a good feeling about this move,” Keane said. “I had played in the Premiership for quite a long time and I had scored a lot of goals there. … It was an easy decision.”
    Coach Bruce Arena said that the Irish national team captain would play “some extended minutes” in Saturday’s match against rival San Jose. Donovan and Beckham said they are happy to have Keane here, and neither seemed fazed by the mounting pressure to win.
    “In my opinion, pressure is perceived,” Donovan said. “Our jobs just got easier since Robbie got here. We want to win championships. I have no reservations about saying that.”
    Added Beckham: “Everyone loves the Irish, so we’re glad to have him here.”

6. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Radio Tower

Heard both interviews on AM 570 & AM 710 this afternoon..... deplorable, just deplorable.

It sounds so strange to hear a nut hut zookeeper station like AM 570 interview somebody they no absolutely nothing about. No offense to Keano, he is a decent player, but not "One of world's greatest scorers" as they exclaimed over and over.

If they did any research, and gave the interview just a modicum of their attention in lieu of being "zaney" it would have been interesting to listen too. But they instead did no ground work... followed with inexplicable ass kissing... finally Keano was patronized by Pat O' Brien proclaiming "It's great to have another Irish guy in L.A... because i'm Irish."

Pat you were born in the U.S. and the fact that you have a Irish last name and like to drink to get drunk doesn't make you Irish, it makes you American. The fact that your promoting an Irish sterotype that all Irish are drunks makes you a dooche.

1 person likes this.
  7. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And who in thee blue hell is this candyarse robbie savage? :confused:

8. Hushx

Hushx Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. ColinYW

ColinYW New Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Hey guys, I pitched a photo story to LA Weekly and was able to photograph this game for them (even though they don't usually have much sports coverage). A nice mix of fans, pre-game and game action. Check out the photos and please blast the gallery link out if you like them so we can hopefully get more coverage in the future!

http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/r...xy-against-the-san-jose-earthquakes-34113071/

Thanks,
    Colin

1 person likes this.
  10. respite_cdd

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great stuff in there, Colin. I saw that come through my twitter feed. Some really wonderful photos.

One question though: No LARS?

11. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Savage is a tool.

there was a famous incident after a game (Newcastle v Birmingham) back in 2004.

Savage was playing for Birmingham, Graham Souness (ex Liverpool) was the Newcastle Coach

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2004461128,00.html

ROBBIE SAVAGE had an amazing bust-up with Graeme Souness and told the Newcastle boss: “I’m a better player than you ever were.”

Souness was heading down the tunnel following his side’s 2-2 draw at St Andrew’s on Sunday when Birmingham’s self-styled hardman Savage shouted that Newcastle were *******.

Furious Souness turned round to confront Savage, who then launched a tirade at the Toon boss.

Savage taunted Souness saying: “You were only FIFTH-CHOICE for the Newcastle job.”

Souness replied: “Yeah — and you’re a really great player, aren’t you?”

Savage hit back: “I’m a better player than you were.”

Souness then charged after Savage into the Birmingham dressing room and asked him: “Which clubs have you played for?”

Before Savage could answer, Souness followed up saying: “Remind me what you’ve won — because I can’t remember anything.”

There is plenty of evidence against Savage’s claim to be the better player.

There are few more decorated footballers than Souness, who was the acknowledged midfield enforcer for the all-conquering Liverpool team of the late 70s and early 80s.

The 51-year-old Scot won THREE European Cups, FIVE Championships and FOUR League Cups while a player at Anfield.

By contrast, 29-year-old Savage has a return of one FA Youth Cup winner’s medal from 1992 — before he was kicked out by Manchester United — and a 2000 League Cup winner’s gong from his Leicester days.

12. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Robbie Savage to Grahem Souness is like a trabant compared to a lamborghini, if savage hadnt been a pro-footballer he would have been the mouthy guy in your local bar who gets filled in once a month for setting his lip up.
    'I was a better player than you' ha ha never in a million years.

13. ColinYW

ColinYW New Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    thanks! i def would have liked to get some shots of the riot squad in there but unfortunately based on where they place photogs (on the south side of the goal) it's a bit harder to shoot them.

14. tehphil

tehphil Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beautiful shots Colin, they're WAY better than the over-processed stuff that the Galaxy staff photographer puts out.

15. ColinYW

ColinYW New Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    thanks phil! had a lot of fun covering it.

16. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great stuff. What I really appreciate is you got shots of the fans before and after the game, not just the players on the field during the game, which is typically all the photographers are interested in shooting....

17. envisionz

envisionz Member

Apr 11, 2004
    So Cali
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can always move over right infront of riotsquad.

18. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
  20. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...quodriscoll-in-popularity-stakes-2863678.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/uk...rHz-W1cGdoU0c7hHw?docId=N0146281314892137365A

Keane has made just two appearances to date for his new club, scoring in the first in a dream start, and admits he is yet to get to grips with life on the other side of the Atlantic.

He said: "It just happened so quickly, so I can't really remember too much of it. I was off the plane and basically playing. It's been so quick. I have been there only a week or so. Obviously, the weather is a little bit better than over here."

21. respite_cdd

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. respite_cdd

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ