K-League thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Deleted Users, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    what happened to it? Are they on break? Why were there no games last sunday and yesterday?

2. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Alrighty!

Finally got ADSL here in my Busan apartment, so time for me to pipe up.

There weren't any games after April 2nd due to the break for international Olympic competition (remember the 4-1 win over Costa Rica?).

As to the K-League... Seongnam are doing predictably well (yawn), Daegu and Sangmu are doing predictably poorly... but how about them Bucheon! Nothing from 5 games!

Ah well... everyone knows Busan has the title tied up already.

3. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    you got that right. Go Royals... I mean I.cons. (I miss the old name)

4. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'd actually like to get my hands on an old Daewoo Royals jersey... and idea how I'd go about doing that?

Maybe ebay.co.kr? Any better ideas?

Actually, if Hyundai give up the majority stake in the club, don't be surprised if there is a name reversion back to the Royals.

5. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Best way to do that is actually going to a Busan's home game and ask people if they have one or know someone who does. You just might be lucky.

6. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I remember the royals after the 98 world cup. they were unstoppable. they had about 15000 + fans for every home game throughout the season. i remember watching one of their games on tv. the entire stadium (almost) was covered in their sexy blue. the supporters were the best in the league and were the noisiest. the fans all went to the royals game and ditched the 20 year tradition of the lotte giants...

this is when ahn jung-hwan sucked butt.

i think i may know someone with a royals jersey. if i find it, i'll tell you.

7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    doubt it. hyundai still owns like 30 percent of the team. it is still rightfully theirs.

8. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    DCFC and the League's bright future.

My ramblings:

I havent been watching the K-League for the past month or so...been very busy. Just got back from Japan last night and on the plane i was reading the news and i saw a miracle.

Whatever it is that triggers Daejeon's fire, i hope that it doesnt die out. Daejeon, so far has the highest attendance rate and has 13 pts - right below the almighty seongnam. I havent been to a K-League game this season but there has to be something that Daejeon is doing right in team tactics and from the marketting front

Suwon aint doing well as Daejeon but with marketting, i think we should give them the "champion" title. ALthough it is a tad bit too early to rate the club in a marketting perspective, it seems that they are doing everything they can to bring home fans. The club front set up a 13000 home fan base as their goal for every game and the supporters are running around wild campaigning their "lets get together" campaign.

If cities such as Suwon and Daejeon are successful, small town teams will surely model those cities and apply it to their own club teams. After all, soccer is the unofficial national sport of Korea. Used to be baseball but now its soccer. Perhaps we'll see visible results shortly after a Seoul F.C. is created.

However there is still something i dont quite understand. Why dont the KFA set up a contract with a tv company and start making tv ads for the league? why not clubs start adverstising their team on tv like the J.League does? -it's not that ppl dont want to go to games its just that they dont know when they are pplaying..

9. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    So are we going to have a team in Seoul? I've been hearing about all sorts of news but everything turned out to be a rumor.

And what's happening to Suwon? Where did it spend all the money?

10. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    i'll stay on the bright side. i presume that we'll have a Seoul F.C. by 2005 and an Incheon F.C by 2006 at the latest. Incheon is changing its form into a free-trade international city with a rapidly rising population and Seoul is the hub of Korea. When these two clubs emerge, the League will surely take its place and soar.

With Suwon, as of yet, the supporters are running around advertising the club and ect, whereas Suwon has plans to buy themselves out from Samsung Electronics in a couple of years. If you go to the Suwon WC Stadium, you'll notice that they have already set up a Bluewings Bar, a Bluewings Shop and ect. So i guess they're taking shape and I heard like after every home game they do a attendance countdown and if they have over a certain number they send X number of balls and club shirts to local orphanges and ect. It's not the brightest idea but taking the fact that other clubs arent doing jack sqaut into consideration, its a start.

11. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    There already is a club playing about of Incheon: Korean National Railroad of the K2. They apparently have decent support: at least 50 kit-clad supporters, flares, smokebombs... the whole nine yards.

By the way.... Busan beat local scummers Ulsan to move into a tie for fourth with your Tweetybirds. See you in May (that is, if you girls are up to coming down to the rugged south of Korea).

12. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    drop dead will ya. smell suwon's feet while u grovel in your own front yard. thanks.

btw, koreans call suwon = chicken wings..= buffalo wings. thought it was pretty funny u called us the tweetybirds...u...u...big..fat...icon.

peace.

13. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Daejeon v Suwon - the ultimate showdown

I consider Suwon's biggest rival Seongnam and Anyang. Simply put, i friggen hate them. Now our friend Daejeon hates Suwon with all their guts..they havent beaten us in the last 10 games.

On the fourth of May, the showdown begins. It seems as if Daejeon will have 40,000 + home suport and for the last 3 games, it has been proven for Daejeon to rally up crowds like this. Obviously, this is the most anticipated match and should be by every K-League fan.

5/4 15:00 Korea time (GMT+9hrs) @ http://www.tjb.co.kr --> on air

Allez Les Bleu.

[​IMG]

Other Games this Sunday:

Daegu F.C. v Jeonbuk Motors (KBS-1 Live) 15:00 Daegu W.C. Stadium
    Jeonnam F.C. v Pohang F.C 15:00 Suncheon Palma Stadium
    Anyang LG v Bucheon SK 15:00 Anyang Sports Complex
    Busan Icons F.C. v Gwangju Sangmu (PSB Live) 15:00 Busan Asiad Stadium
    Ulsan Hyundai v Seongnam Ilhwa 15:00 Ulsan W.C. Stadium

14. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Daejeon is the most surprising team this season. No one would have thought that they would be standing in the second position in the league table thus far.

I hope Suwon won't follow in the wake of other teams by not underestimating them. And it seems Suwon fans are not taking this match lightly. I heard about 1,000 Suwon supporters are going to make a trip to Daejeon.

15. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    whatever. daejeon is our BAP. lol.

1000 my ass..more like 600 @ most...but then again 600 is a pretty descent number. we'll see.

------

the korean media, ive noticed, seems to be totally apathetic towards the league. i've seen more baseball stuff...ridiculous. anyway,

my predictions for tomororw:

Daejeon 0 - 1 Suwon
    Daegu 1 - 1 Jeonbuk
    Jeonnam 2 - 1 Pohang
    Anyang 2 - 0 Bucheon
    Busan 1 - 1 Gwangju
    Ulsan 1 - 2 Seongnam

16. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    btw

Woorijim

I was just wondering how it feels like when yer team is the sorriest in the league..below the newbie teams. lol. GL tommorrow.

17. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Oh..shut up. At least we managed to pull off draw in the last game, ending the record losing streak of 7 matches. :D

18. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Korea Times seems to have quite a lot of K-League stories (while the Korea Herald has none).

I don't know about you, but I reward the Times by purchasing it, and punish the Herald by snubbing it.

And as for your predictions... we'll only draw with Sangmu? Up yers, wanker! ;)

19. Arlyn Jayde

Arlyn Jayde New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Someone care to tell me what the heck Yoo Sang-Chul was doing during that match with the Busan I.cons? Looks to me like he's completely lost his cool.

Man..Ulsan is having a tough beginning of the season. Then again, they also had a tough beginning last season, but that was before Yoo re-joined them..

20. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I think the Gyeonnam rivarly kicked into the players. the match was physical and after some simultaneous fouls by both teams, Busan's Lee Jang-gwan decided to break Yoo Sang-chul's right ankle - but since Lee failed Yoo retaliated with his girlish kick and punch in the head thing.

21. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    who cares. Ulsan sucks. last year was a fluke.

22. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    5/4 K-League results

Daejeon 2 - 0 Suwon Attendance: 35,679
    Daegu 0 - 1 Jeonbuk
    Jeonnam 2 - 1 Pohang
    Anyang 2 - 0 Bucheon
    Busan 2 - 3 Gwangju
    Ulsan 0 - 0 Seongnam

23. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    .....................................................................................................shet.

24. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    hey, at least Suwon didn't get beat by both of new teams! :(

25. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001