K-League Miscellaneous

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by ChaDuRi671, Jun 15, 2012.

1. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nice. Incheon midfielder, Nam Jun-Jae, proposed to the love of his life today.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Our manager being a cheap-ass eating 오댕 instead eating a real meal. :D

[​IMG]

Dejan has set a new record for goals scored in a season with 30 goals in 38 matches beating the previous record of Kim Do-Heon's (2003) 28 goals in 40 matches. Also don't forget that Molina has also broke the record for goals assisted in a season with 18 assists in 34 matches beating previous record of Lee Dong-Gook (2011) with 15 assists. With 4 matches remaining let's see how many more goals and assists this duo can rack up. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

2. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Do you think Dejan will still be around next season? They had that whole fiasco the beginning of this season when he got an offer from the Middle East and wanted to leave.

If another offer from Middle East/China comes in that's too high for Seoul to refuse, it might not be a bad idea to sell him while the market price is at its highest. He is getting up there in age...

3. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If I was a gambling man, I would bet that Dejan will not be with Seoul next year. Fortunately for Seoul, they have the money to get a quality replacement.

Plus Molina is the glue to that team imo. Molina would be harder to replace than Dejan, not that Dejan would be easy to replace.

4. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Man...that is one orange hoodie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

One last game and it's done!!!

[​IMG]

6. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Dejan, I think, will be with FC Seoul for 2013 campaign.

Also......... Have you ridden your Dejan today?

[​IMG]

7. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This may be your wishful thinking, but Dejan getting up there in age and the Guangzhou incident, I think he'll be gone in the winter.

8. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Tribute to Kim Eun-Jung's 400th K-League game.

9. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As good as he was, I was actually surprised that he was in the top 5 or top 7 as all-time goal scorer in the K-League.

10. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  11. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A couple of ROK forum member and BS member have been asking Dejan if he will leave or not.

12. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  13. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  14. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ugh.. the third one is decent though. Maybe not on a jersey though...

Chingoo repped this.
  15. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    the middle one looks like a baseball team logo while the right one looks like a basketball team logo

16. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Molina recently did an interview with a Colombian online website called "The Colombian" here: http://www.elcolombiano.com/BancoCo...ea/mao_esta_feliz_en_corea.asp?CodSeccion=199

Don't worry, I took the liberty of translating it for you. Funny things he answers...

MAO IS HAPPY IN KOREA

Mauricio Molina can be classified as a football globetrotter, now that he is in his 14 years of professional football from teams of seven countries different than Colombia.

It has been a shame has hasn't been picked for the Colombia National team, but he finds happiness, because thanks to his talent he has learned multiple cultures and South Korea feels placid because the Asians value his talent.

What are you presently doing in South Korea's FC Seoul?
    I have a current contract with my club, FC Seoul, until the final of the next season. They are the owners of my sports rights so next year, I will be definitive to say my future. For now, I am very happy. I just finished leaving a champion this year.

What is your family doing over there?
    My family lives happily, they adapt very well, especially my kids that are now in school. My wife is studying virtual psychology and I am studying English.

Does your family speak Korean?
    It is a language that is incredibly difficult, to learn it you need to dedicate your complete time. We have a translator but we have learned some things to communicate from day to day.

What have you learned in Asia?
    The discipline and respect, I think, are two virtues that are most reenforced here in Korea. I have learned that they are fundemental for this personal and group development. Also, the basis to live in peace.

What do you eat that is weird over there?
    Incredibily in how weird it looks, this country is where I enjoy the most to eat. Here I found bananas, beans and international food. Of course I like the Korean food, especially their variety in spicy soups.

Why do you think they won't return to call you for the Colombia National Team?
    That is a question that truthfully I would not know how to respond too. I want to think that it's because technical decisions and by likely they have the managers and not due to other decisions.

Do you have omens/rituals?
    Few, but the one I utlize the most is that I play with the same underwear during the whole season.

What is the best about your career outside Korea?
    The experience of Brazil was good because in personal and sports part, it went very well. In Korea, I have lived the best sports years abroad. But the most enriching of my past of being abroad has been the number of countries that we have lived in and the different cultures that we have learned.

Do you dream about the peace agreements?
    I think that is the longed dream for all of the Colombians, what the problem is that it's hard to believe in an act of peace from the Guerrila's part when they have done such damage to the country and have little credibility.

How is the Colombia National Team doing?
    I think I have found the confidence that I have not seen for a while. There is harmony everywhere and that is the key to go to the World Cup, I am sure they will classify.

Chorok repped this.
  17. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Really deserves a call up. I mean they call up Gio Mereno or whatever his name is from the Chinese Super League, but does not call up a player who has won the K-League, Korean FA Cup and AFC Champions League.

18. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm guessing age has something to do with it.

19. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    I guess but there are several 31+ aged players in national teams... Italy, Spain, South Korea, Japan, France, Austrailia, etc.

20. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Colombia aren't a powerhouse in their region though...so they're always looking for younger players to see who fits and who doesn't.

21. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]
    ^^why is JSR not in contention...

22. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm guessing you're referring to the other thread where jitevra posted nominees...

I haven't seen enough of Suwon this year but K-League currently has great depth in terms of goalkeeper...more than ever. Kwon i've heard was good this year but he's not in that list.

Jitevra repped this.
  23. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    oh jitevra already posted the nominees in a different thread?

HAHA we posted at the EXACT same time. 11:28PM ET

Jitevra and toohyper repped this.
  24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol...so awkward

25. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+