K-League Miscellaneous

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by ChaDuRi671, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    So what's happening with the draft this year? I heard the K2 teams get priority. Does that mean the top prospects will end up playing in the K2?

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  3. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  4. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

내가 제일 잘나가!~~ :D

5. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    쏭!

jinseokyang repped this.
  6. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Jitevra repped this.
  7. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    just looking at that pic of the crowd i thought it was only women there :p

8. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    seoul fans1.jpg seoul fan2.jpg suwon fans 1.jpg I took some photos at the FC Seoul vs Suwon Bluewings game yesterday. Fantastic atmosphere, and some decent football.

Jitevra repped this.
  9. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  10. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  11. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    General question involving K-League. What team would I support? My father's from Kapyoung and my mom's from Seoul. Of course, there's FC Seoul, but I know there's some iffy controversy involving them that I'd rather not support them before knowing the full story behind their moving(?) or something of the sort. It sucks having a lack of knowledge about the K-League in the states...

So I'm looking for a team in Kapyoung I suppose? Or a team closest to Kapyoung? My aunt lives in Incheon so if anything there's that if anything, but it'd be really cool to root for my dad's hometown team if that even exists.

Thanks in advance!

12. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Here's the history with FC Seoul...

To cope with the 2002 World Cup in South Korea, the KFA And K-League wanted to spread the love of soccer (and money income) because there was three clubs playing in Seoul (Jeju United, FC Seoul, and Seongnam Illwha) at th time. All three clubs were told to be relocated and they, in unison, were like "******** you" but tough shit because the KFA and K-League created the K-League decentralization policy and told them to GTFO but promised a spot in Seoul with its own stadium if they could build one (Haha, cute).

By World Cup 2002's ending, they noticed "oh shit, the stadiums are cleared .. we need clubs to fill it so we can maintain it with money revenue!" so they came crawling back to some clubs and were like "if you help us financially keep this stadium alive and play here, we'll let you come back to Seoul like you always wanted" so they did BUT they also had to pay 15 billion Won ( and at the time... 15 million USD) in construction-shared fees so now they changed their name from Anyang LG Cheetahs to FC Seoul!

So FC Seoul went from LG Cheetas to Anyang LG Cheetas located in Anyang. FC Seou thought about it for a while and after the season was over they made their mind. Because FC Seoul had financial backing by MANY companies at the time, they were able to pay it off and now -- of course -- since they have financial backing from GS Sports (and spin-off LG Sports) who owns the subsidiaries of GS Caltex, GS Retail, GS Shop, GS EPS, GS Global, GS Sports and GS E&C so they're set in that area.

TaegukWarrior repped this.
  13. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Isn't Incheon the closest to Gapyoung? Im not sure. My Korea geography isn't the best. But I think it would be Incheon.

TaegukWarrior repped this.
  14. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Who cares. Last thing we need are more FC Seoul fans. It's an organization that deceive the Anyang supporters (Anyang had a very good fanbase and had a nice cozy stadium). FC Seoul are sell-outs, simple as that.

15. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    My father's side of the family are from Yeonggwang. There is a Yeonggwang club in the Challengers League. If they are ever in the K-League, they would be the 2nd team I would support. I think majority of the N-league and Challengers League teams are based in Northwest SK so good chance there is a Gapyoung team in there. But obviously you wouldn't able to follow them too well.

16. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    While I don't neccesarily approve of FC Seoul's tactics, I like FC Seoul because of the team and players. Not the back-bone of FC Seoul itself but the players.

17. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The playful FC Seoul players.

Video about this guy looking for the best stadium in the K-League.

If you didn't know. CNN wrote a article about Ulsan doing the Gangnam Style celebration after the ACL win.

[​IMG]

18. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]
    The Korean mobile game company, Gamevil, has made a football game that just includes the K-League. The game is FREE, but there is also a paid version which is 5,000 won (about like 5 USD). Also there is a catch, the game only supports Korean and is available only available on the Android.​
    News about the game:​
    Link to the game:​
    Gameplay:​

Jitevra repped this.
  19. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Gamevil... they made Soccer Superstars and Soccer Superstars 2012... and this looks EXACTLY just like Soccer Supers 2012... just with K-League and in Korean...

Ha.

20. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  21. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
  22. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    All Anyang need is to get that 1 superstar player along with serviceable players around him. *cough*LCS*cough*

23. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lee Keun-Ho has been nominated for the AFC Player of the Year award. :thumbsup: He has the best chance to win this award considering that all of these other player haven't done sh!t in the last 10-11 months. Also why the fcuk isn't Estiven in the AFC Foreign Player of the Year nominations? He has played every single game in ACL for Ulsan and also played a crucial role in Ulsan's defense. :mad:

http://www.espnstar.com/football/as...893661/Nominees-announced-for-top-AFC-awards/

24. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Hey, hey ,hey Settle down. Zheng Zhi of China has helped Guangzhou Evergrande win their league title and (just now) their FA cup. Not to mention he's been holding a good formidable attack in midfield for China in the past friendlies (except Brazil...ha) but Spain? Definitely.

Let's not say players are shit if we have not seen them play. Let's just be play fairly and nicely.

25. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Luca$h Neill? Ali Karimi? An unknown Iranian defender? I have seen them play. Neill has been absolutely rubbish for the Australian national team. Karimi has had a disastrous season with Persepolis. Bengar has also had a disatrous season with Persepolis plus he is not even in the national team for Iran.

Now for Zheng Zhi. TBH, winning the CSL league title and FA Cup is pretty impressive, but you have to think about his team. Guangzhou Evergrande is loaded with weapons. (Both offensively and defensively) It would be a crime not to win the league. (With the world manager Lippi and decent players Gao Lin, Muriqui, Cleo, Dario Conca, Zhang Linpeng, Kim Young-Kwon.) Gao Lin and Zhang Linpeng both could have been in the nomination too.