Juventus Youth & Reserves Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by DaveyGorgeous, Mar 13, 2009.

1. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought I'd create a thread where we can discuss some of the youngsters in our squad as well as those in reserves and primavera teams. I don't know about some of you guys but I feel I do not know much about some of the younger guys, many of which can be Juventus' next gems in the future. Just some of our youngsters, about which we can disucss, include:

Lorenzo Ariaudo
    Albin Ekdal
    Iago Falquè
    Giuseppe Giovinco (Seba's younger brother)
    Luca Castiglia
    Fausto Rossi
    Ayub Daud
    Ciro Immobile

Though I've heard of many of these players, and read brief articles on them, I do not know as much about them as I would like. I thought this could be the place where we could discuss the development of our youth players.

2. DVS_one

DVS_one New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't have nay clue about the Juve Youth program myself. Only that out of the Italian Super Teams Juve is best at development.

I do know Daud and Immobile are on the active roster vs. Bologna.

3. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have heard the same considering that both Trez and Amauri are injured. In all likelihood we will probably only see Iaquinta, Del Piero and Giovinco but it would be nice to see one of the two youngsters even for a few minutes. I've heard great things about Daud and heard he had a hell of a Vareggio Tournament.

4. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ayub Daud was the top scorer in the Vareggio tournament.

Albin Ekdal and Fausto Rossi played in most of the friendlies in pre-season and performed very well.

Lorenzo Ariaudo started a match in Serie A and was good.

The rest I havent seen play. But most likely a few will go out on loan next season.

5. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm really interested in the fact that there is a younger Giovinco out there, Giuseppe. Supposedly he plays in a similar role and fashion as does Seba. Could we one day see both Giovinco's out there leading the Bianconeri?? :p

6. DVS_one

DVS_one New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Courtesy Juventus.com

Nice little article about the Primavera squad

7. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ayub Daud and Ciro Immobile played the last 3-5 mins in the Bologna match.

8. DVS_one

DVS_one New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I know this is not about Juve's primavera team but its still good for a laugh.

Today AC Milan was playing in Dallas for the "Dallas Cup" which is an annual event inviting youth teams around the world.

Well today the TFC youth Academy beat AC Milans Primavera team 3-0 LOL.

Just thought you be amused by that

9. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not surprised... IMO AC Milan is in huge trouble because of their bad decision making.

10. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Top 10 Italian Kids

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/topten/italiankids.html

11. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Which of these and other youngsters should we be looking to loan out next season?

I say we definitely loan out Rossi, Daud and Ekdal, maybe even Falquè... I think that they would get more experience even playing in Serie B than on your team.

Ariaudo is contingent upon whether we bring in some more defensive reinforcement (and I hope to god we will). If we do, I say loan him out so he picks up more experience because the potential is surely there.

13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'd be very hesitant to loan out Rossi (who's very injury prone) or Daud. Both are way too physically immature at the moment to play in Serie A. Loans can be very hit and miss (as we've seen this season with Pasquato at Empoli, who's considered our greatest young talent only behind Giovinco- and even then not by much). If they fail, they could potentially ruin a talent that would have succeeded had they been dealt with patiently and attentively.

I think Barca are the masters at this. They just didn't throw the likes of Xavi or Iniesta to the wolves. They allowed them to mature and grow in the environment they grew up in. I'd like it if we were do the same with our exceptional talents. Not saying they will be anywhere near Xavi/Iniesta quality in their respective positions, but I'd like to see them given every chance to succeed. If a club as demanding as Barcelona can do that, then we can as well.

14. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can anyone provide any insight as to Cristian Pasquato and how he fared at Empoli this season? I am unable to catch any Serie B games and was unsure as to how he is progressing. I know he only registered one goal in 15 games this season which is pretty poor. But, if I'm not mistaken, he was considered a rising star for Juventus not too long ago...

15. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Was just wondering... why hasn't Ekdal been playing for Sweden in the U21 Euros? Anybody have any news on this?

16. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I know he was injured at the end of the season, but I haven't heard any news about him since. Maybe he still is?

17. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With regard to our youth, the following transfer manuevers have occured thus far:

Albin Ekdal to Siena on Loan
    Giuseppe Rizza to Livorno on Full Ownership Sale
    Rey Volpato to Bari on Full Ownership Sale
    Davide Lanzafame to Palermo on Co-Owernship Sale
    Domenico Criscito to Genoa on Co-Ownership Sale
    Raffeale Palladino to Genoa on Co-Ownership Sale

18. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Michele Paolucci is also on a co-ownership with Siena and Davide Lanzafame has been officially loaned out to Parma.

No word on Pasquato, so I assume that we've extended his loan to Empoli for another season.

19. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  20. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone have any information on the kid Mario Kirev?

Kirev is a 20 year old GK, signed last season by Juventus from Slavia Sofia in January. We immediately loaned him out to Grasshoppers for the remainder of the season. I am pretty sure he has returned to us from his loan spell.

I know he has been featuring for Bulgaria's U21 side, anyone have any info?

21. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Calcio Debate: Top 10 Youngsters In Serie A
    Who are the finest Under-23 players in Serie A? Who has shone the brightest in the Italian top flight so far this season? Goal.com's Gil Gillespie cuts through an increasingly congested forest of young talent and singles out the ten most outstanding saplings around...

http://goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2009/10/07/1545494/calcio-debate-top-10-youngsters-in-serie-a

22. Wolfff

Wolfff New Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ekdal scored a goal today for Siena to tie it up with Inter 2-2 in the first half.

23. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    [​IMG]

We've all but signed 16 year-old Carlos Garcia from Djurgårdens IF. He's a central defender and captain of the Swedish U-17's. That's about all I can find on the kid, but supposedly he's a real prospect. Had a trial at Vinovo last year but was too young to sign a contract. He'll arrive in the summer and play in the Primavera.

24. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sounds good to me... its good to hear news that we are signing good young prospects like these. Out of every 3 or 4 you sign, the likelihood is you might find one real gem for the future.

25. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The Primavera drew 2-2 against Fiorentina yesterday in Florence. Filippo Boniperti earned and scored the equalizing penalty.

But the real point of interest was that Andrea Schiavone was on the bench for us. He's the lad who joined the first team for a few training sessions when he was 14 years-old. The fact that he's only 16 now but still on the verge of making his debut for the primavera is a very good sign. Said to be "the ideal combination of Andrea Pirlo and Daniele de Rossi". It will be interesting to see how he progresses over the next year or two.