Juventus 2013/2014 Serie A Season Thread for February [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Torino decided to take the air out of the ball sitting back as they did. Who has the lead? It is as if they are doing us a favor not making us waste a lot of energy for Thursday.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's all she wrote.

3. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This edition of Toro seemed most likely to break the goalless streak. But, no. Strong showing today, bianconeri.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I was checking the New Posts thread and ended up on one of the US Youth Development forums. Saw something about this kid playing DA with KC until he reaches 18. First I heard of it.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I heard it today on radio radio and then I saw it again on the MLS boards where everyone seems to have a conniption fit for even bringing it up. Incredible how American/MLS fans look at the game.

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone heard of this Padulla journalist that supposedly broke the story?

Funny, not a peep from the usual Italian sources.

9. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How reliable is he, I'm gonna be honest, I have no clue who he is.

11. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He's a pretty reliable source, better than Agresti and Palmeri.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually listen to Zuliani.

Pameri is a joke and extremely biased. It's funny seeing him on beIN Sports.

13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No, he's not. He's useless. Agresti used to be reliable when he was working for Luca Momblano at CalcioGP. Then he left to join Goal.com, which should explain everything. Palmeri is a joke who doesn't even deserve to be mentioned.
    Pedulla is one of those who links us to everybody under the sun and is only right when he happens to copy a story once it's already been reported by more reliable sources. A one man walking Tuttosport, if you will.

OldLady and Dante repped this.
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah but trying to ask a question or even post in those threads is a nightmare. Those know it all MLS posters try and ridicule you every chance you get for no reason and half of them don't even understand the game. When you prove them wrong or show them that you know what you are talking about, they usually go away like little mice or don't address or answer. You know as an Italian-American, my whole life I've followed two types of soccer, Serie A and American soccer. I must say there isn't a day that that goes by (especially on BS) when discussing American soccer that I could ever carry on an intelligent conversation. Incredible!

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I know all too well. You guys around here know of my contrarian ways. Yet, we can discuss opposite views without it getting nasty. Can't do the same on the DC United thread although some of the moderators that stifled speech are no longer around.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #191 falvo, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    Not any better on the west coast and there are some posters who post on there just to come in and make fun but never add anything to a given thread. Its seems some posters keep getting away with it and they continue and are allowed. Its no wonder why soccer never makes it in the USA.

17. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What do you guys make of the uproar over the non-penalty vs Toro? In all honesty it was 50-50 for me. I'm still not convinced that Pirlo made contact.

18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

beIN is stupid for hiring Pameri. The guy barely speaks English and its hard to understand wtf he's even trying to say. of all the people out there, they chose the worst guy to cater to the American audience. lol
    i think beIN will be a goner sooner or later if they keep this up. showing random sports that people here dont care about, just stick to soccer and get some damn rights to show highlights of all the leauges on your news at least. its so stupid that on the highlight show they can only show the games they broadcast. lol
    and obviously they are on barca, real madrid and psg nuts all day...but to cut off your program at 11pm and showing random sports and 2nd division english league aint gonna make them last long.

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there was slight touch, but he kept going nearly two more steps and then had that dramatic fall. He didn't go down on the contact, it happened nearly two steps later. He could have easily stayed on his feet, but flopping to the ground the way he did after is why I think Rizzoli booked him for diving.

Even Torino's coach said it didn't look like a penalty to him until after he saw replays.

20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It could have gone either way. Pirlo did touch him but after looking at the replay, it did not seem to affect Kaddouri to make him fall. It looked like he took a dive after being touched, looking to buy a foul.

The real stupid controversy that has been embellished by the Romanista's around here is the Vidal hand ball. The call was correct. That is all it was. Vidal jumped up for the ball and hit it with his thigh. It got caught between his thigh and arm. It was a case of a ball to hand but since it allowed him to get control somewhat, it was a proper call. Cerci also kicked the ball away from the penalty area on that play, so there was no rigore. Torino have themselves to blame as for a good portion of the second half, a goal down, they allowed the back three of Juve to pass the ball around. Don't cry when you make a half ass attempt of making a game out of it.

Dante repped this.
  21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never mind the fact that those calling for Vidal to get a second yellow have said nothing in regards to Glick actually touching the ball with his hand in Juve's box, Rizzoli did the right thing, called for a foul with no card. Neither Vidal or Glick's infractions were card worthy. The Romanista's bitch so much because they like hearing themselves whine. It's ingrained in their DNA.

22. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :rolleyes:

23. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Eeeeeeexactly. Enough said.

And I agree that Toro were playing a ridiculously passive game early in the 2nd. The commentators were saying something about biding their time, but I'm not convinced.

24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Between the rivalry thread and the only Italy on their forum, they were crying that they are getting robbed of the scudetto. It only happens for Juventus for they never get anything in their favor.

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course they're whining, there have been calls that went in their favor this season, but nary a peep when that happens.