Juventus 2012/2013 Serie A Season Thread for November [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Since he's a Bosman player we don't have to involve Bilbao.

2. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    might be better money wise, then dealing with Athletic Bilbao who has a hardcore transfer policy of "Basque players only, or Spanish players trained in Basque Country" so when a really good player whose Basque, or Navarrese comes out and wants to leave, Athletic Bilbao have to try to retain them as long as they can.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well to be fair, we were right about Vucinic. He couldn't score in a brothel.

As for the others, I'm glad they're here but let's not act like they're 100% spot on every game.

As for Isla, he has yet to show anything worthwhile. That's two games now that he's been subbed at half-time because of his shitty play. Asamoah's just as new to the team as he is, but he's been much better.

4. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But Conte selects his team, and he obviously sees something in his selections that most don't. And although Vucinic may not score as often as we would like him to, let's not act as if our attack does not look much better with him out there. Go watch a defense with him in the game as opposed to Gio, much more respect and space for himself and teammates. And no, they are not. I just think it's unfair to throw Isla under the bus after a few games...after all, he hasn't been all bad. He's shown glimpses of greatness which I believe will show more consistently in the long run. And Asamoah, hes a beast, hes adapted quickly. Every player is different. All Isla is missing is his final touches and movements.

5. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    llorente is not gonna make much of a difference. We need a quick and technical forward....these big guys are gonna end up like amauri...toni...borriello....etc....

Falc and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Conte is limited by the players we have. While Vucinic doesn't score much, if at all, it's not like those behind him are any better.

I don't agree with this at all. I don't see opposing teams treating Vucinic any different than Giovinco.

It's not like he hasn't gotten a fair shake, he has. He's just been terrible to atrocious during most of his stints. He's had one decent game, and that's only because he provided a cross that led to a goal, the rest of the game he was subpar.

And his crossing, and defending, and passes. He's got A LOT to work on. Considering how much Marotta paid for him, he's turning out to be a bust.

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Isla will settle. He was shit yesterday, but he's not the issue.

1251alex repped this.
  8. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It hit his hand, that's not a handball. It's a handball if it his his ribs. Get with the program.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK kiddies, I'm off to NYC until wednsday for work. You be good.. don't think that because I'm away you can do what you want. The other overlords are watching.

Il Ciuccio and Rossonero23 repped this.
  11. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but on the real the ref situation in italy is horrendous....every single week there are controversial calls in multiple games. I personally do not want offsides, penalties, etc...to be given in our favor. There was a chance that quags almost scored in milan game but the replay showed offside, the refs didnt catch, im glad it didnt go thru cuz not only its not fair but the moaning will never stop. I really hope the refs get better cuz this is just crazy...too many games are ruined by bad calls these days.

12. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

13. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ahh, and I totally messed up that quote.

14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vucinic is a joke and the fact that we keep playing him 90 min. despite his bs performance is even a bigger joke

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I go to a funeral and refurn to see Llorente as the solution? Are you guys serious? Throw the money on Cavani instead.

Refereeing controversy is everywhere. The guys in Italy are actually good. The problem is the media and certain teams blow it up. Others should follow our example. Marotta stated that mistakes are made bit it evens up over a course of the season. Despite the bad call, he said that we did not play our best. We got screwed against Inter as Marchisio pulled Milito's shirt outside the penalty area. But no one made a fuss about it. It is similar to the main stream media here. Obama gets away with murder but if it was Bush, then he would be crucified. Same thing goes for Juve.

usnroach repped this.
  16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree. I'm not that worried about Isla. He's proven he has talent and it will surface. As long as our coach is allert and replaces him when he's off his game, like he was against Milan, then I got no problem. Padoin came on and did a good job. So that wasn't the problem.

The real problem is that because Serie A don't have second teams players have to get match fit playing for the first team. We need a Juventus 2 playing competitive matches like the top clubs in Spain.

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That happens everywhere. It's just that in Italy refs are picked appart after every round and it just makes fans more upset. Until we get video replays in football we need to just accept that refs aren't perfect and these things will happen.

18. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Llorente will be free come June and won't cost us 40 mil. .
    He is definitely better than Matri and Bendtner in the air.

19. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

problem is our players dont know how to cross the ball into the box

alot of u think its just our strikers but i blame the overall team too for lack of creativity...it goes hand in hand and llorente is not a top striker to solve our problem...especially that he's coming from la liga

20. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This is why I'm leaning towards us throwing money at someone like Bale instead of Cavani.

21. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Wouldn't it stand to reason that if Llorente is coming to a league that is clearly shit, wouldn't he be able to replicate what he did in a stronger La Liga? I mean, can't we even be consistent about that?

22. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Leighton Baines

23. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Would be nice. But he's no Bale.

24. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  25. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Scum of the earth. When your team is shit what else can you do.