Juventus 2012/2013 Serie A Season Thread for November [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Nov 1, 2012.

1. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Assistant Coach Angelo Alessio felt Juventus lost to Milan because “we did not play as a team unit,” but wondered what would’ve happened if they had received that penalty instead.
    When we do not play as a team unit, then we suffer and lose in this way,” he said of the 1-0 defeat at San Siro.
    “There was some fatigue after the Chelsea match, even if in certain games the energy and motivation come by themselves.”
    The game was decided by an extremely dubious Robinho penalty, as replays show the ball struck Mauricio Isla on the ribs rather than the arm.
    “I daren’t imagine what would’ve happened if we had won with a penalty like that, but incidents can happen.”
    Alessio denied a row with Fabio Quagliarella, who covered his mouth when muttering something as he was substituted.
    “I don’t think Quagliarella seemed angry when he came off. In any case, I’d rather not talk about individuals because tonight we lost as a team. We accept the defeat and move on.”

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Padoin wasn't that bad I thought.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No he wasn't, but he wasn't what we needed.

4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    horrible match....cant believe i was looking so forward to it. 2 losses in a month and both to the milan teams! not sure if its alessio or what but i dont get why we didnt just keep carrera when he was doing so well.

bad subs also.....gio shoulda came in for vuc...pepe for isla
    very bad game by our wingers...their fullbacks were stopping all the crosses

5. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Allegri showed again why hes a great tactician. Milan played with 9 defensive players and closed down our wings. Constant and De Siglio had the matches of their career.

Milan got a favorable call for a PK, scored by a overpaid player who has done nothing his entire career. They are a shit team who locked it down defensively and got a lucky PK.

IMO, not a big loss. Lets hope it fuels some more anger for the CL.

1251alex and gumbacicc repped this.
  6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What we needed were someone who could take this game by the balls and make a difference. We don't have that.

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Another unbelievably stupid statement from a unbelievably stu... ah never mind...

8. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know you would pay 50m for him. He's garbage. The only thing stupid on this forum is the fact that you were un-banned.

1251alex repped this.
  9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Un-banned? Explain.

10. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Get a dictionary.

Allegri and Galliani both basically said it wasn't a PK and the game could have ended 0-0.

11. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I'm sorry. You lost me at this sentence. Not even the most diehard of Milan fans would ever call Allegri a "great tactician". Ibrahimovic is the only reason that he has won a Scudetto.

Can someone explain why no one can ever admit that our players suck sometimes and that opposition players always seem to have "the game of their lives" against us? Against Nordsjaelland and Lazio, it was Hansen and Marchetti who had the game of their lives. Against Milan it's Kevin Constant and Mattia De Sciglio who have the game of their lives against us. Really? Constant and De Sciglio shut us down? Are we sure it wasn't because our players flat out sucked yesterday?

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a common excuse by a select few in here who cannot admit that sometimes this team just sucks. They're afraid of reality after last seasons unbelievable run. If they admit to themselves that this isn't the best team in the world and we have the absolute best players in every position their little world might crumble. Living in a fantasy is far better than reality.

Saying x player played the game of their life is just a convenient way to ignore the obvious.

13. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's what I've been saying all along.

14. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I'm not saying that our squad isn't capable of greatness. They are. However, they're still very vulnerable to defeat. This team is just simply not good in some areas. Attack being the biggest area. Beyond that, this team is simply not deep enough to play both in the Champions League and in league play. This team doesn't have that. When you pour your heart and soul into a game like the one against Chelsea, you're bound to have a letdown against your next opponent, unless you have the squad depth to replace your best players with players who are just as capable. We basically played the same lineup against Milan as we did against Chelsea. Had Chiellini been fit, he would've played for Caceres, but the result would've still been the same. If we had quality depth, we could've played them against Milan, instead they just try to throw the best eleven out there again, and they just can't compete. Whether it's exhaustion, or they simply weren't able to get up for the game, I don't know, but if we had quality bench players, our best eleven could've been rested, and those bench players could've gotten us a decent result. You should have a 1 and 1A squad. I just don't see the depth.

If you're going to remove Isla (he's world class, y'know) in the 45th minute, move Caceres to RWB and put Lucio or Marrone in at CB. Don't put Padoin in there. Padion is not a wide midfielder. He's a central midfielder. I was glad to hear that Quagliarella wasn't happy about being removed. At least he shows fire. I liked the Giovinco swap for him though as that showed how you can have two support strikers trying to figure out which one is the prima punta.

But, yeah, we should definitely sew that Scudetto patch on for the 2013-14 season. We've got this baby all wrapped up.

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You sure about that? Maybe some Atalanta fans can shed some light on this but from what I can remember he's been playing wide more than not. Either on the left or right of midfield.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We had some good luck last year going undefeated. One has to have that luck. Not the case this month, where two non-existent penalties hurt us. That's the game. The team picks up their boots and moves on.

I don't think anyone around here stated that we have the best team in the world. On the other hand, we don't suck. Yesterday, Chelsea and Manchester City played to a scoreless draw. Considering all of the money that was on that pitch, one would think that there would have been some goals. It is not like either side is known for their defensive play. I guess those two sides suck as well.

Teams and players get up to play against Juve. Not only are we wearing the scudetto but we are a side with a long and rich tradition. So the adrenaline flows through the veins and players bring it up a notch. Coaches do too sometimes.

1251alex repped this.
  17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    OMG, one illegitimate loss and some of you are ready to jump off a cliff.

We were utterly horrendous in the first half, and we dominated the second half. Everyone knows the penalty was bullshit, but there's nothing that can be done about that.

The issue is what it always has been--we don't have that difference maker in attack. We dominated possession, we just weren't clinical. How often is this the theme in the rare loss we've had under Conte? Or the minnows that we should beat, but only manage a draw?

That said, not much changes. We are top the league, and will win the scudetto because the rest of Serie A is shit. However, we cannot expect to compete with the big boys in Europe with our attacking line.

1251alex repped this.
  18. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Huh? Half of this board think that we have the best team in the world, and that they are completely infallible. Any time you say anything to the contrary, they start chewing your head off.

They sucked yesterday. I didn't say they suck overall. I said that sometimes teams do suck. Even great teams have days where they flat out suck. There's nothing inherently wrong with admitting a sucky performance. It just means that you sucked that day. However, this nonsense that the only reason we can be beaten is because the other team just played the absolute best game of their lives and they treated a game against us like it was World Cup Final is utter bullshit. Sometimes you just suck. We lost yesterday because we sucked. We sucked in the attack. We sucked in midfield. We sucked on defense. It wasn't because Milan had the game of their lives and acted like they were David taking down Goliath. No, it's because we sucked yesterday.

Dante repped this.
  19. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I didn't think we were shit the whole game. The second half looked like the typical Juve. Padoin was surprisingly good. He got in some good crosses. The MF picked it up. The issue was the substandard play of the strikers, which we've become accustomed to.

I'll never understand the fascination with Vucinic. The guy has one great game for every three shit games, and we can never sub him off. Quags should have stayed on.

Duck Manson repped this.
  20. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I wouldn't go sewing that Scudetto patch on yet. With an Inter victory, they'll be one point behind us, and they hold an advantage over us since they got that victory. We need to get out of this mentality that the league is all wrapped up. If we put our eggs in the Champions League basket, you can bet your ass that we'll see more results like the one we saw yesterday.

Dante repped this.
  21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Vucinic is not Italian. Unfortunately there is this fascination that foreigners are better strikers than Italians.

22. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    They played their typical game in the second half because Milan packed it in after taking that 1-0 lead before the break. It's easy to dominate possession and chances when your opposition plays 9 men behind the ball.

Vucinic is, sadly, our best attack option, along with Quagliarella, especially against more physical teams. If that doesn't say something about our attack, I don't know what will.

23. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Well, other than Di Natale, who has been in the running for capocannoniere the last few years that is Italian? It's not like Italians aren't being given shots at it.

24. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    “They shouldn't worry. Juventus have one problem, namely that they don’t put the ball in the back of the net,” the ex-goalkeeper told Sportal.
    “They create so much, they press really well, but, in the end, they don’t ripple the net. That is their limit right now.”
    The Rossoneri won the game with a debatable penalty and Zoff admits that he wasn’t too impressed with what he saw at the Meazza.
    “I’ve heard people say it was a spectacular game, but my idea of a spectacle is a little different,” Zoff lamented.
    “Gigi Buffon made two saves and Marco Amelia was never worked.
    “Milan played the game of their lives, but Juventus, after having a few problems in the first half, were basically playing in the Milan half after the break. They just didn’t create any real chances.”

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kens summed it up perfectly already so I won't touch on this.

Did you watch the game yesterday? Isla was crap, Asamoah was trying to get fancy WAAAAY too much. Marchisio was invisible, Pirlo the same. Our attack is a farce. The Pescara game was a fluke. Reality is barring the Pescara game this team has scored ONE goal in 3 games, and that was by a MIDFIELDER.

Let's take a look even further back, out of our last EIGHT league games, barring the fluke against Pescara, our attack has scored ONE goal. Our biggest margin for a win was the 2-0 win against Napoli.

Our attack SUCKS and there's no other way around it.

You always look at just one game, but not the overall picture. Guess what, Juve's scored 0 goals in the past two league games, nothing to brag about.

Every time this team plays poorly we hear that excuse. Is it really so hard to admit that sometimes this team just isn't good enough to win?