Juventus 2012/2013 Serie A Season Thread for January [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    serie A lost spots because of europa league...teams dont take it serious where as German and portugese teams have taken it serious and thats where they racked up the points. I dont care to throw stats at u but u can check....none of those leagues have done shit in years...how did they catch up with serie A?

its a flawed pointing system...CL wins/draws should collect more points than EL

2. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    What a convenient excuse...our clubs don't take Europa League seriously. Please. And it isn't as if we've set the world on fire in the CL, where the English, Spaniards and German clubs routinely outperform ours these day.

If you want to be delusional about the state of Serie A, knock yourself out.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  3. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where did i say that?

go ahead and name head to head results of italian teams vs. english, german and spanish teams if u like...its pretty even...there were 2 bad results which was schalke-inter and roma-man U from years ago

it's not as bad as you guys make it....and yes the truth is serie A lost its spots cuz of EL not CL...its not an EXCUSE, its a FACT!

4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We lost our place because Italian sides did not give a crap about the Europa League. After the first four sides, the EPL is nothing to brag about. La Liga is and always has been a two-horse race.

5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You can say that about all leagues in Europe...

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I said wouldn't. Not won't.

7. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Marchisio

The midfielder made the comment during an interview with the Corriere della Sera, in which he was asked if there were any players who stirred up a healthy dose of antipathy in him.
    “It’s not any particular face, but a team, especially after the rough Coppa Italia and Italian Super Cup Finals: Napoli.
    “When I am faced with Napoli, something goes off in me.”

Dante and 1251alex repped this.
  8. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Napoli took offense, posting a communication on their website stating Marchisio "gravely
    offended Napoli and Italian football." They hope he can "clarify his statements.":laugh:

9. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You can take the club out of Serie C2, but you can't take Serie C2 out of the club. What a bunch hypersensitive, histrionic crybabies.

Dante and OldLady repped this.
  10. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fvck those garbage pickers.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The official response from Juventus...

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Wait.. that never happens in Italy. Something very fishy about this.....

15. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You're joking right?
    reading a little further...apparently not.

Don't Napoli have a PR department that reviews comments before they go official so as to not embarrass themselves?

1251alex repped this.
  16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Evidently not. They gained political points with the stupids, which apparently is a lot of people.

17. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    usnroach repped this.
  18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Great to see Juventus are big in Ghana. Huge market. People there earn over $0.5 a day on average.

19. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Conte: 'Napoli proud to be hated'
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    Antonio Conte admits Parma will be tough for Juventus to crack and insists Claudio Marchisio’s “antipathy” towards Napoli was a compliment.
    The Bianconeri have had a dramatic week, as they were beaten at home by 10-man Sampdoria, forced to extra time by Milan in the Coppa Italia quarter-final and prompted a diplomatic incident when Marchisio declared he felt particular “antipathy” towards the Partenopei.
    “Marchisio’s words were obviously referring to a sporting rivalry. Napoli ‘dislike’ us every bit as much. It is only normal to have rivalry between big clubs.
    “Napoli ought to be proud to have our antipathy, because it means they have joined the group of big clubs with strong sporting rivalry like us, Milan and Inter.”
    Conte turned towards tomorrow afternoon’s trip to the Stadio Tardini, where Parma are unbeaten this season.
    “It’s a tough game, as they are in great form,” continued the Coach in his Press conference this morning.
    “ They've won their last four and have never lost at home. We know this is a difficult arena to play in and they will want to put in a top performance. I am convinced it’ll be a wonderful match, because Parma play open and attacking football.
    “The 120 minutes against Milan on Wednesday were very intense and we gave everything because we wanted to progress in the Coppa Italia. However, we have trained for this and I’m sure the fatigue will not be felt against Parma tomorrow.”
    Mirko Vucinic remains in doubt with an ankle problem and Conte confirmed “if he’s not 100 per cent fit then we won’t risk losing him for a long time.
    “I have valid alternatives. Playing for Juventus has a different psychological weight to representing other clubs. Sebastian Giovinco was under constant pressure, now Alessandro Matri and Fabio Quagliarella are the ones being criticized in the media. You go from top player to garbage heap from one day to the next.”
    Claudio Marchisio is out of action with a heavily bruised knee, so Conte confirmed he has to choose between Emanuele Giaccherini and Paul Pogba.
    Finally, the newspapers have been full of transfer gossip around Didier Drogba, Lisandro Lopez and others, but the Juventus Coach hinted at Genoa’s Ciro Immobile.
    “I have great admiration and affection for Immobile, as I watched him grow up at Juve and wanted him with me at Siena. He is a professional with great hunger to make his mark. We are monitoring him carefully.”

20. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1 Buffon
    4 Caceres
    6 Pogba
    9 Vucinic
    11 De Ceglie
    12 Giovinco
    13 Peluso
    15 Barzagli
    19 Bonucci
    20 Padoin
    21 Pirlo
    23 Vidal
    24 Giaccherini
    26 Lichtsteiner
    27 Quagliarella
    30 Storari
    31 Branescu
    32 Matri
    33 Isla
    35 Beltrame
    39 Marrone

21. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Credit to Mazzarri, he talked down the controversy and also made the following super-true statement:
    "“In Spain there are bigger gaps in their defences, but I hope Cavani can continue to score goals in Italy, as they are more important when scored here.”"
    Messi, golden ball champion of the rec league, disliked this statement.

22. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So much for conte hating immobile. At this point i rather take him over some over the hill players

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you think he was going to say "the guy is garbage and has a shit attitude" coaches usually never talk bad about any player. Unless they are complete asses.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @juventusfc: starting XI: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Padoin, Quagliarella, Giovinco

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game is being shown live on beIN Sport USA. Thankfully no Hudson or Schoen doing the commentary. Dyer and Ian Paul will be handling the chores instead.